• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby/Emerald/FireRed - Non-profit hack warning screen (Sample)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoSk8r

*Insert witty remark here*
Years
  • bump.
    While this is a good idea and all, real pirates would easily be able to modify the screen.
    Is the artwork compressed when put ingame? If it isn't, anyone could change it.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • bump.
    While this is a good idea and all, real pirates would easily be able to modify the screen.
    Is the artwork compressed when put ingame? If it isn't, anyone could change it.

That is why when you make a release, you copy your GBA file and insert a ROM Lock into it, to stop people from tampering with it. Then use your backed up unlocked ROM to edit and adjust for future releases. ;)

PsychoSk8r

*Insert witty remark here*
    Years
  • A rom lock eh? Can't say I've heard of one of those =P
    I may take a look into the rom locks, it'd be great for learning.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • A rom lock eh? Can't say I've heard of one of those =P
    I may take a look into the rom locks, it'd be great for learning.

Don't remember where I saw it, but it was either in the tools section. the documents and tutorials section, or the resource thread. Poke around a bit and see what you find :)

*EDIT*

found the post. It uses HEX but it is very simple :). It can be reversed but most people who lack the knowledge to know why a program will not load it, lack the knowledge to fix it.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135254&highlight=rom+lock

give it a try though. You can always use RHEA as well, but I have not used that program so this way is better for me personally

Last edited:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • so this thing is made to helps slowdown piracy but......if it was pirated already and they only saw that after they bought it won't the pirates make repercusions like no refunds so they can't return the cartridge back see if a dude sees this he'll say:" oh crap i was ripped off" but the pirate will say " Arrrr Maytey there be no refunds" Then he'll make you walk the plank

AmineX

Music Expert
    Years
  • Wait, what? You either:

A) Want to take this to something stupidly illegal by selling a game you got for free?
    B) Want pirates to sell your game without you getting profit?

Your grammar was so bad I can't even understand it. :\
    La loi du taillon man XD

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • I wonder if we shouldn't go a step further and disable the whole ROM if you don't play it with an emulator. I know that the flash-card users won't like this idea but it would make life harder for pirates...

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I wonder if we shouldn't go a step further and disable the whole ROM if you don't play it with an emulator. I know that the flash-card users won't like this idea but it would make life harder for pirates...

That is a really cool Idea Mastermind_X. If such a patch appeared I know I would put it onto Dissension.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back