• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
  • If any Pokemon RPG is going to be on Wii then it needs to be in a similar play style to the handheld games, that and it would have to be an MMORPG with access to all regions, otherwise it just wouldn't be worth it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    if they do make it... being that it's on a Wii... you should have the option to choose from the 6 pokemon you travel with...and then get the chance to throw the pokeball...!!! like in the show...

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    A MMORPG would be amazing! Probably never happen though...if it did, All Pokemon fans would be in game heaven! The idea about different classes would be good. But I believe that they will make another game like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness. I liked the Orre Region, best games ever IMO. I hope they make another but with better shadow special moves (old ones were like helping hand, charm, etc.)

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • I would really like a Pokemon MMORPG but we all know Nintendo won't go for it, they're far too over-protective.

Yea same =/ that would be amazing. But on topic I think an RPG for the Wii might be a bad idea... especially if you had to control the player with a wii mote

Years
  • If they make a pokemon RPG for the Wii, they need to speed up the battling system. Seriously, it takes about a minute just to watch pokemon use their moves. And with double battles, that was extremely annoying. I liked the plot of Colosseum and XD, but the games moved way too slowly. Anyway, until news about this gets posted on Bulbapedia, Serebii, or another reputable news site, this won't receive credence from me.

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • This is my dream game. I play it through my head like every week.

It would have the graphics of battle rev. With the general mechanics of xd and colo.

You would start in your home town and go to meet the professor. You can see everything in front and side of you. When you see a sparkle in the grass you walk over and pick it up for an item. You can see the Pokemon running around, and you run up to them for a battle. Instead of a huge circle it would just be in that spot but is still turn based. Argh, this would entertain me for hours.

SmashGood

Me... SMASH!!
    Years
  • I did find XD fun, more I think for the characters they had come up with. I have no idea if I would want the RPG of a Wii version though. An MMORPG would be hot, where you could interact throughout your game with other players if you are connected.

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • But with an mmorpg you have immature little kids everywhere with l33t pokemons, and majority of the people playing it are going to be Asian, mostly Japanese, which means there prob won't be that much conversation as a lot of Japanese people do not know English. And there's a lot of kids in Europe as well that do not speak English but like pokemon. It's not a prob with most mmos but when it's Pokemon, one of the best selling games in the world..

Also, there would be massive lag, even if you had 10 servers, it would be a big playground mess.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • I can't see them doing it.

They could've made DP fully 3D (sort of) like Ranger but they chose to keep it similar to the past games. There is a reason for this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I think if they made an rpg for the wii they need to sort out the pace of everything if the battles are going to be like battle revo.
    For example, whenever you send out a pokemon or the pokemon does a move they do a silly dance/movement which seems to take an age compared to the handheld games.
    If a battle happened exactly the same on the handheld as it did on the wii it would take a fraction of the time. Thats the main concern for me.
    Also I wish you could choose a fixed camera angle; like if you had a few to choose from, one being the same view as on the hand held games.

Years
  • Lets hope this "rumor" comes to be, because I've been waiting for something like this for years.

One thing that I think would spruce up the game (this may seem stupid to some of you) but when you send out a Pokemon to battle, it would turn into a Super Smash Bros type of scenario with you taking full control of your Pokemon. I just think battle's would be more interesting that way.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Dec 9, 2008
    i think the idea would be pretty sweet. it can be like colosseum and xd only with tall grass or caves for wild pkmn. wut id really like to see tho is a pokemon game where you can actually control the pokemon, not just a turn based game.

gaz-is-the-best

AAAAHHHH!!!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    Sounds like quite alot of fun. I enjoyed XD and colosseum so this could be really good if they don't screw it up (im looking at you battle revolution)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    ya i think it would b good if nintendo extended the life of pokemon into wii cuz u cant have like 20 games of pokemon only on ds and i dont think theyd go bak and i dont think theyd make anotha handheld i hope they make it in like '10

Back