• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

KaiserSteel

Steel-Type Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Not sure if anyone had posted this idea up yet:

A Pokemon RPG for DS with an included Wii Disk 'emulator' like software so you can connect your game up to your Wii anytime and instead of walking in a pixelated world, be able to view and fight in 3D. The DS game is a stand alone (so you can still carry it anywhere), with the Wii 'emulator' an optional 3D expansion when at home.

Or something like that...

Years
  • Am I one of the few that's excited about this possibility? There's so much more they could do on the Wii than there is on the DS, and not to mention it's a great oppurtunity to experiment with some new ideas without messing around with the main series on the handhelds

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah i translated it when you posted the first one, SEE all you who dare doubt another Pokemon wii game! But anyway back to sanity, this (if it is a fully fledged RPG) has bucketloads of potential.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • opk now i really have truth to the rumor now you know the last link i gave in my last post well i have the translated version here check it out https://translate.google.com/translat...r%2dwii%2ehtml
    ...what I got was '404: Not Found Sorry, but the content you're looking for is not present in this server.' Doh.

And again - this wouldn't confirm anything. Such information if true would be already on the 'main' sources, like Serebii or Coro Coro magazine. I'm gathering the interview involved soemthing along of the lines of 'we'd like to make one', but not that they would make one. Maybe they'll start out, but then scarp the project? Such things have happened before. And right now they are focusing on Platinum, not a Wii RPG. Not that it couldn't happen - I personally think it would - but there is still no proper evidence to say that it will. Rumours are rumours, and although I feel that there will be a Wii RPG, it ain't confirmed until one of the big sources say so.
    A Pokemon RPG for DS with an included Wii Disk 'emulator' like software so you can connect your game up to your Wii anytime and instead of walking in a pixelated world, be able to view and fight in 3D. The DS game is a stand alone (so you can still carry it anywhere), with the Wii 'emulator' an optional 3D expansion when at home.
    I doubt Nintendo would use emulators, or try to make a 3D RPG for the DS IMO... memory issues for one, secondly doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do? I don't know though, just my opinion.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • no the interview was talking about pokemon games like diamond and pearl and pokemon battle revolution and the developer said that there in the makes of making a pokemon rpg for the wii
    here is the page from the website i just copied it here look

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That's better. :)

Now that I can see it - I still say it proves nothing. It suggests that a new game for the Wii is being made... (although going by translation, maybe they are not saying if they would or not? meh). But... it doesn't say it would be an RPG either. A Pokemon Snap remake? Channel seqeul? Something different? Who knows, but it ain't saying if it will happen or not. (Although I do think it will... eventually).

It also says something along the lines of there being no RPG on a Nintendo home console. Hmm... what are Colosseum and XD then, or the Gamecube? 'Cause, might be translation... :/

It seems old as well - suggest PBR wasn't out at time of writing.

Again, think what you will, but I suggest ignoring this rumour. Heck, shortly after Brawl, people were jumping up and down because Sakurai said he was either making a new Brawl game, or would make an updated version. Shortly after it was discovered that the comments were out of context - Sakurai said that if the opportunity came up again, he would like to... not the same thing.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • Honestly, I do believe there will be a Wii RPG. When? no one knows. PBR was obviously a trial to test the game play and possibilities for Pokemon on the Wii. I even have thoughts that D/P were beta versions for what's to come on the DS, because the new Platinum is clearly more advanced and has massive improvements than D/P.

All we should expect from Nintendo, is a huge improvement in Pokemon games, for all gaming platforms. And MANY more games to come. Just be patient and see what's next.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • no the interview was talking about pokemon games like diamond and pearl and pokemon battle revolution and the developer said that there in the makes of making a pokemon rpg for the wii
    here is the page from the website i just copied it here look

If its from 2007, I would think its talking about pokemon ranch

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • well, if i remember correctly, nintendo said they were going to get all that they could out of the wii and the ds... but i've already heard of a new portable system to come.

anyway, if nintendo wants to squeeze all that they can out of the wii, then if we the fans demand it enough, i would not be suprised to see a whole slew of new pokemon games to come...

so just stay persistant and let that nintendo know that we want more pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2008
    They should make a 3D version of the first generation on the wii. That would be awesome.

ultradarkrai

treeco tre
    Years
  • It's been 12 years. :\ I think it's time for a real console RPG.

You're right. We got Battle Revolution earlier, but it had no story mode, like Colloseum, but Nintendo could make a game with just the story mode, without the normal battling. It could have the GTS as well.

Not sure if anyone had posted this idea up yet:

Or something like that...

Hmm, I wouldn't pay more than £2 extra for the emulator. Seems a bit pointless, unless you could get more items on it, or maybe teach them different moves. Still, I'd rather have a proper RPG, but maybe your idea could work, maybe if you could transfer Pokemon over from your DS after beating its version of the Elite 4.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • Blah Blah Blah. On the first page all I read about was "it wouldn't have the same feel". the "same feel" is different to everyone. If a person first started on colosseum and then played the handhelds later on, which do you think would be the "same feel" for them, hmm? That's what I thought.

No, the point of pokemon isn't for it to be handheld so you could bring it to the beach (:cheeky:).
    It's a large possibility seeing as the previous title was
    "Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness" Notice the "XD:" With the colon? as in, Gale of Darkness was one of the many games on the list of pokemon RPGs that fall under "XD"?

They probably would make one soon seeing as there's no game that lets you trade between Wii and DS (Pokemon Ranch + PBR is transfering, not trading), and also since there's really no other way to get Majority of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn pokemon into your Diamond/Pearl unless you have a GBA Game.. It's probably going to be released after Platinum, though seeing as there's absolutely no point of creating a full fledged Pokemon RPG that only links to two of the three games, and the third very close to it's release date..

Let's keep our hopes up for a pokemon RPG on the Wii! Yes, it most likely will have to include shadow pokemon if it's going to be dubbed under "XD", or in the bigger picture, Orre..

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas for nintendo.

- Create like this strap thing to go around your hand or leg or both, And use to as your like the person on the Wii,
    Like If you walk then in the game, The person walks too. (This doesn't include when you pick your nose or something it does it) This can be also used to catch Pokemon, Lets add a bit of fun nintendo

- Make it Wi-Fi and connect with your friends and walk around with them.

- Create your own 3-D town and share it with your friends.

- Make like a microphone thing that goes around your head and sticks out onto your mouth, and use it as commands, Such as "Use Tackle" or "Come back, Eevee" and maybe they can use it like voice chat when you go Wi-Fi with your friends, Also there is a button there, You press it and hold and then say whatever your going to say. So your friends doesn't hear everything you say, (Don't want your friends to hear your personal stuff) xD

- Make it really 3-D like Animal Crossing but better graphics.

- Make Shadow Pokemon, Gold Pokemon, Silver Pokemon, and Shiny.

- Able to travel different regions by a ship (Some PokeMoney needed)

- Able to play great games with friends, Such as PokeChess with the pawns as Pokemon and the others.
    Play Safari Zone with friends? Poffin Baking? Contest with friends? Underground Digging? PokeGym (Where your Pokemon fight with other Pokemon but in a street fighter style)?

- Able to pick different goals: Become one of the elite 4
    Become the PokeMaster
    Catch all Legendaries
    OR More?

- Able to catch all Pokemon as you travel from region to region

- Able to have the CellPhone as you got in Pokemon G/S/C

- Get to pick your trainer or use your Mii

I've got too much ideas on my mind. >.<

I'll share some later. My hand and brain is quite tired, >.<
    We want something new not the old Pokemon games.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wikipedia holds the answer to everything. Trust me. Even if it's not in one whole article...

Wikipedia said:
    Red and Blue
    Release date(s)
    JP February 27, 1996 (original Red and Green versions)
    JP October 15, 1996 (Blue version)
    NA September 1, 1998

Yellow
    Released in Japan on September 12. Released in North America on October 1, 1999

Stadium
    Release date(s)
    JP April 30, 1999[1]
    NA February 29, 2000[1]

Stadium 2
    Release date(s)
    JP December 14, 2000
    NA March 28, 2001

Gold and Silver
    Release date(s)
    JP November 21, 1999
    AUS September 4, 2000
    NA October 15, 2000

Crystal
    Released in Japan on December 14 2000. Released in North America on July 29, 2001

Ruby and Sapphire
    Release date(s)
    JP November 21, 2002
    NA March 19, 2003

Pokemon Colluseum
    Release date(s)
    JP November 21, 2003
    NA March 24, 2004

Emerald
    Released in Japan on September 16, 2004. Released in North America on May 1, 2005.

Pokemon XD
    Release date(s)
    JPN August 4, 2005
    NA October 5, 2005

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
    Release date(s)
    JP September 28, 2006
    NA April 22, 2007

Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Release date(s)
    JP December 14, 2006
    NA June 25, 2007

Pokemon Platinum
    Release date(s)
    JP September 13, 2008

Pay attention to the Bolds. An RPG comes out nearly once every year in America. A House console game comes out every 2 years. If see the fact that no RPG came out in America this year... We have a winner. We will probably be getting our next XD soon enough.

Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas for nintendo.

- Create like this strap thing to go around your hand or leg or both, And use to as your like the person on the Wii,
    Like If you walk then in the game, The person walks too. (This doesn't include when you pick your nose or something it does it) This can be also used to catch Pokemon, Lets add a bit of fun nintendo

- Make like a microphone thing that goes around your head and sticks out onto your mouth, and use it as commands, Such as "Use Tackle" or "Come back, Eevee" and maybe they can use it like voice chat when you go Wi-Fi with your friends, Also there is a button there, You press it and hold and then say whatever your going to say. So your friends doesn't hear everything you say, (Don't want your friends to hear your personal stuff) xD

- Able to play great games with friends, Such as PokeChess with the pawns as Pokemon and the others.
    Play Safari Zone with friends? Poffin Baking? Contest with friends? Underground Digging? PokeGym (Where your Pokemon fight with other Pokemon but in a street fighter style)?

Become the PokeMaster
    Catch all Legendaries
    OR More?

I've got too much ideas on my mind. >.<

I'll share some later. My hand and brain is quite tired, >.<

So... I believe you're willing to pay about 100$ for a game that will come out in a sink time to manage runnings and end up failing and getting Nintendo bankrupt?

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas for nintendo.

Become the PokeMaster
    Catch all Legendaries
    OR More?

Sounds too much like Animal Crossing or The Sims: Pokemon to me

Well, If there was going to be an RPG Pokemon for Wii, I'd have a few ideas
    No we don't, thats what the spin offs are for

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Humm... For me it does sound interesting.
    Lately I was playing Colosseum, although I just reached Phenac City for the moment.
    My thought is that it will be a "XD" series game. The adventure may be set on a orre-similar region, and catch shadow Pokémon, and bla, bla, bla. That's pretty good, I got a different feel when I play Colosseum, it's very different than the Handheld counterparts. But, this is just the most likely case, not the most enjoyable.
    I always thinked that a franchise that would fit PERFECTLY on the Wii is Pokémon Ranger. Just think about it. Wii Mote is exactly like the capture styler is shown on the anime (although the name obviously comes from "Stylus"), and knowing Nintendo they would sell a special styler-like wii mote.
    But, as some of you don't like the Ranger series, that could be just an option. So far two playable "jobs" were present on the Pokémon franchise: Pokémon Trainers, and Pokémon Rangers.
    Maybe they mix them on a RPG, like it was menctioned before.
    That's my opinion, what do you think?

Lith

Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
    Years
  • ~Ohh, i hope you can use your Mii (If Its real)~
    ~I would look so out of the whole "Pokemon" theam~

Back