• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rumors: Pokemon cheaters banned from online play

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I don't do the later either, I only use AR to get max Rare Candies and Proteins, etc. Plus, I don't EV train either, I see that as a form of cheating, too. (Nintendo has never oficially sponsered any type of event in this manner.)

Um, many people EV train. It isn't cheating, it's working hard to make your Pokemon the best they can be. Just because you think it's tedious, doesn't mean that the rest of us do.

Also, the only Pokes I consider cheats are hacked event Pokemon that you use in battle. I don't care if you do it to complete the Pokedex, but don't try battling me with it.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    XD, wow, you're all so spiteful. I hope you enjoyed that feeling. When I called for no hacking, I meant for using hacked Pokemon in battle. If you're going to hack an event legendary for collection, I could care less. And yes, I did use an Action Replay to get Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, but I didn't encounter-hack fake ones. That method I am against. I ARd the event items, so I could go to the secret locations and get the REAL Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. So they're the real Pokemon, only false items used to reach them. I'm not stupid, I will exploit any loophole I can find. My Pokemon battle team is still legitimate. :P

...EV Training, cheating? What kind of impatient, bitter prude do you have to be to think that? A part of ANY good game is hidden strategies that those with the smarts and the resources can exploit to their advantage! EV Training is perfectly legitimate, and it's the easiest way to separate the actual competitive players from the wannabes. If you're not willing to EV train a team, then you simply don't want to win enough. Nobody without EV Training has beaten me, and I dare any of you to try and prove me wrong.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    listen, you little pig headed, near sited, arrogant little momma's boy. NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE TIME TO EV TRAIN, THAT IS WHAT RARE CANDIES AND PROTEINS, IRON'S, ETC... ARE FOR!!! you may have the time to sit at home, on your fat arse to EV train your Pokémon, but for those who don't, there's the AR/CB. and you're still cheating. you still have to use an Action Replay to get the event items, so you're still cheating! i don't care what you think, you still have to cheat to get the event items to get them. how is that any different? its not! your site is so clouded its not funny, and you think you're better than everyone else! that just proves my point!

Ichida

Years
    Temper, temper! Calm down, young one. You'll find yourself an early grave with that kind of attitude. :P

I never said I don't use EV vitamins, that's actually a wise shortcut. Don't use Rare Candies though, they don't take any EVs into account, including any gained by vitamins. I always fill up the two stats with vitamins, then train the last 152 points manually. Who ever said I didn't? And I don't play just at home. The point of a portable system like the DS is that it can be played anywhere. On the bus, at school, even sitting in a movie theater waiting for those dreadful trailers to finish, I'm always playing.

"My site is so clouded?" *checks his web pages* Er, nope. They're still visible.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    very sorry... just a lot going on here... guess thats what happens when your neibhors blame you for smoking pot, huh? and, unlike you now, i'm sure, i don't live at home. i live on my own with my gf and 2 kids, so life gets to you sometimes. and young one? on Saturday, i'm going to be old enough to drink alcohol. watch who you're calling young one, little Padawan. lol

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    listen, you little pig headed, near sited, arrogant little momma's boy. NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE TIME TO EV TRAIN, THAT IS WHAT RARE CANDIES AND PROTEINS, IRON'S, ETC... ARE FOR!!! you may have the time to sit at home, on your fat arse to EV train your Pokémon, but for those who don't, there's the AR/CB. and you're still cheating. you still have to use an Action Replay to get the event items, so you're still cheating! i don't care what you think, you still have to cheat to get the event items to get them. how is that any different? its not! your site is so clouded its not funny, and you think you're better than everyone else! that just proves my point!
    If you don't have the time to train Pokémon to a competitive standard then don't play online at all. Simple as. If you can't be bothered to put in the extra effort to EV train Pokémon and resort to hacking Pokémon then you don't deserve to battle against people who have put the time and effort into training their team. It's just unfair.

And on a similar note, it takes me between 1-2 hours to EV train a Pokémon with the Macho Brace and Pokérus. And you only really need 6 Pokémon to be EV trained. You could EV train a full team in one dull weekend.

And one last thing, it's the saddest thing in the world when people display their own quotes in their sigs. It's even worse when those quotes were aimed at attacking someone for their views. It's pathetic.

Ichida

Years
    Gomen, the aggressive ones are usually the bratty 13-year olds. I've been "old enough" for almost a year, and the way you say that like it's a good thing is hilarious. I have better ways to spend my time than getting drunk... like playing games for one. XD. Why don't you take that time you allotted for drinking, train up an actual team, then take me on? I'm sure you'll feel much better. :P

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    looks like everyone at somepoint has hacked something lol. So i dont see the point of all this complaining <_<

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    I may use AR at some point, but I have both Diamond and Pearl. I use Diamond as my online, non-hacked game, and I do not connect to wi-fi at all on pearl, unless it is to participate in a wi-fi event if it does occur. Diamond is where I have already beaten the game befor I even HAD an Action Replay DS, and I don't want to get banned because an idiot traded me a hacked pokemon of WFC.

Years

Excuse you?

I have a kid of myself, I'm not even 16 yet, and I have time to play pokemon, and EV train.

And I still don't use AR.

I also do other stuff online, and I can still do all the other stuff like being a great dad to my Stephen.

Plus, I have to go to work at McDonalds in a little while, so whatever.

It's not that good of a job, but whatever brings in the money... :\

Ichida

Years
    MisterChief said:
    I don't want to get banned because an idiot traded me a hacked pokemon of WFC.
    If you're worried about any non-legendary Pokemon in your collection being hacked, breed your own, then delete the hacked one. Simple as that.

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    And one last thing, it's the saddest thing in the world when people display their own quotes in their sigs. It's even worse when those quotes were aimed at attacking someone for their views. It's pathetic.

I think its pathetic for someone to put their win record in there sigs. But its just my opinion Just as your post now

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Nothing is wrong with it, I have no problem with that. I just think it's silly to put up numbers especially when numbers dont mean anything.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Okay, everyone. This thread is about people being banned from WFC or something, not about kids, being a dad, battling, or whatever it is you're yapping about. Stay on topic please.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Ummm, ouch. I hate to interrupt your bashfest, but I have some thoughts.
    1: This isn't a thread (or at least wasn't) to debate about cheating.
    2: Ichida, although I side with you, get over it. People cheat.
    3: Linkinpark187, brinigng your personal, at-home life into this isn't going to help your case. You don't have to cheat to get strong pokes. It does take time and effort, something you claim you don't have. As Ichida said, it is a very good idea to use vitamins on your pokémon, even if you aren't EV training. You may be in a situation where you don't have time to play for more than, say, 20 minutes a day. Those 20 minutes that you spent cheating could be spent training (and probably is, you claimed in your first post about not stat hacking).
    4: Nightofshadow, i don't see the problem of putting a record in a signature, especially if it's legitimate. He's part of the PC League, for goodness sake!
    5: Legacy, I don't see the problem of quoting yourself in your signature, especially if it's about something you feel strongly for. It advertises this thread, anyways.

I wrote the first 3 about five posts ago, so...

Last edited:
    Years
    To be on topic, I think cheaters can do whatever they want.
    But when they brag about having all 493, it's not right, imo.

If you're going to brag about something, at least do it honestly. :(

However, what you do in your privacy is of to no concern to me.
    As long as you don't try to scam people on GTS.

Well, I've got to go.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Nothing is wrong with it, I have no problem with that. I just think it's silly to put up numbers especially when numbers dont mean anything.
    I have my record in my signature so that I can keep track of how well, or poorly, I'm doing against the other members of this site. When I get to a certain number I'll start to challenge the more "elite" members so that I've gotten enough experience to not get my ass completely handed to me. And the record also gives other members something to beat, I've had a few PMs from people wanting to give me my first defeat on this board. So my record isn't "pathetic", it serves a purpose to myself and for others too.

And if there's nothing wrong with it and you have no problem with it, how is it pathetic?

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    on topic, I dont care either way, If people cheat or not. It is a game. The game isnt going to ruin your life, the game isnt going to kill your family, and the game isnt going to eat your food. Its something to do because it is a hobby. I understand taking hobbies seriously because they are indeed important to people(i myself program games as a prefession and a hobby so i know) Who cares what people do with their games. They spent the money on it. They took the time to get the product to be able to do what they want with it. Plain and simple. So this debate is pretty silly IMO. Punish people for spending their own money? What a retarded concept. When I sell my game, I dont care what people do after they buy it, Its theirs. I got money for it and thus it no longer matters to me and to the majority of game developers.

Hacking the online service itself is a whole other issue however. THAT i could see people being banned for hands down...Banning people because they choose to do what they want? Completely silly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back