• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Run away!!!

How often do you run away?

• All the time!

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Quite often.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Not very often.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Never!

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • So, here is a question to all of you. How often do you run away from wild Pokémon, and why? I normally don't run from battles because I like my Pokémon to gain experience points, but my brother normally runs away because he can't be bothered. :\

Another question I'd like to add is how often do you use repels? I normally only use them in caves which are full of generic Pokémon like Zubat, and I normally only use them after completing the game so i can train my Pokemon. Normally once I complete the game, I don't really care about wild Pokémon, unless I'm trying to catch a certain species, as I normally train against the Elite Four/Gym leader rematches etc.

Last edited:

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I rarely run away, and when I do, it is if there is absolutely no point in battling (level 100 Skitty vs level 2 bidoof).

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    I run away a lot, and also frequently go out of my way to avoid trainer battles. I guess it isn't very logical xD

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • I usually only run if:

A) I'm at Mount Silver planning on challenging Red (or a similar area), mainly because I never bring Ethers with me... And I don't have a lot of high PP moves.

B) It's like... a level 70 VS a level 12. Yeah, sorry, no. That's pointless, I'll barely get any EXP.

C) I'm in a hurry to get to a Pokemon Center, or just not in the mood in general.

And I never use Repels. To me, they're a waste of money. As long as I don't Run in tall grass / caves, I tend to never encounter Pokemon. I've managed to go through all of Union Cave without one battle. I must have good luck!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I only run away from wild battles if:
    -I really want to get to the next area quickly
    -I have a fainted pokemon on my team and I'm backtracking to get it revived
    -the exp. yield for the wild pokemon isn't even worth fighting for (i.e., my lv.30 pokemon vs. a lv.5 wild pokemon)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This brings up a good point. I always run away from wild Pokemon battles because I can't be bothered fighting with them, and then I wonder why my Pokemon are never strong enough when I get to the Elite 4. I have to try to rectify this.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • I run if I'm in a hurry, or if I'm running low on PP near the end of a route. And often I'll run if the first move the opposing pokemon lands is Supersonic or something. I hate when my pokemon get confused.

I don't often use repels, but if I do, it might be again because I'm low on PP, just impatient, or in any water route that contains Tentacool/cruel, because those guys are just annoying, lol. Most water routes aren't long enough to bother, but in Hoenn and Johto where I always have to hunt around for the island entrance, they are sanity-savers lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I run away rarely, mostly if I'm EV training and I run into a Pokemon that would give me the wrong EV's.

The only other time will be when the wild Pokemon is ridiculously low leveled in comparison to mine and the EXP earned would be negligible. This is also when I'll typically use Repels.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'll run away if there's a Pokemon that commonly appears Like Zubat for example.

But I won't run away since I'm trying to train my Pokemon, though.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • If I'm training one of my pokemon, I battle everything I come across. If I'm just walking around with no intention of training and I run into a pokemon, I usually just run away from it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I'm grinding, I don't run from wild Pokemon. When I'm EV training, or when I'm in a hurry and don't feel like battling, I run from them (for the EV training part, I run when I encounter the wrong Pokemon).

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • Nothing venture, nothing gained. And besides, I often enjoy the chance to get in some last minute experience for my Pokemon. I will often flee during the early stages in the game and I am rushing back to the Pokemon Centre due to having highly injured Pokemon, but that's an expected reaction to the situation. Admittedly, there is the ocassional time when I simply can't be bothered to deal with the eightieth Geodude or Magikarp, so I may leave then, but I much prefer to stand my ground and fight the opposition. These Zubat wont learn to leave me alone until I defeat them for the onehundreth time, I can assure you of that.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • I almost always run away, except for earlier in the game when the Pokemon are around your level, and I usually level grind with that. But when my Pokemon reach a certain point, I don't see the need to fight wild Pokemon anymore. This is why I mainly use repels.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • If I'm determined to get to a certain place before stopping playing or am just not in the mood, I will run away or if I have them, use repel a lot of the time.

Anything I want in that area capture-wise can be gotten later.
    I live for the story moments.

If I'm determined to get to a certain place before stopping playing or am just not in the mood, I will run away or if I have them, use repel a lot of the time.

Anything I want in that area capture-wise can be gotten later.
    I live for the story moments.

Last edited:
    Back