• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Runescape.... Wait, what?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    So, how's the game going for you guys? What are you working on?

I'm working on getting most of my skills over 50. Then over 60, then 70.

Years
    So, how's the game going for you guys? What are you working on?

I'm working on getting most of my skills over 50. Then over 60, then 70.
    I don't really bother with most skills. I suppose I should be doing something for the food side of things, but yeah.

I might train my magic up a little, but it's so much harder to manage than just melee. Runes and whatnot. You can't just rely on Wind Strikes.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    What's your current level? Casting High Level Alchemy at level 55 is the most used method to reaching 99. If you don't have 55, just cast the best spell you can on safe spot-able monsters.

Also, a little known fact about Magic is that it contributes to your Magic Defence slightly.

Last edited:
    Years
    What's your current level? Casting High Level Alchemy at level 55 is the most used method to reaching 99. If you don't have 55, just cast the best spell you can on safe spot-table monsters.

Also, a little known fact about Magic is that it contributes to your Magic Defence slightly.
    lol, I think my magic's at... 19 or 20. You need all the gear, too, most of which doesn't exist under F2P.

The latter fact is worth considering. Although armour neuters Magic Defense, anyway.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    lol, I think my magic's at... 19 or 20. You need all the gear, too, most of which doesn't exist under F2P.

The latter fact is worth considering. Although armour neuters Magic Defense, anyway.
    Yeah, yeah. Just keep it up, you get teleports at higher Magic levels :D

Yeah, that's true, but the Defense can help in certain situations.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I got my RuneCrafting up to 20, as well as my mining level.
    I'm currently crafting a ton of different elemental runes as well as mind runes so I can just basically rocket up my Mage level.

RuneCrafting isn't a very fun skill past visiting all the really cool altars, but man does it pay off when you start getting multiple Runes from one Essence.
    I was almost at double Natures on my other file, which it's a shame I never reached that point for massive profit.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I got my RuneCrafting up to 20, as well as my mining level.
    I'm currently crafting a ton of different elemental runes as well as mind runes so I can just basically rocket up my Mage level.

RuneCrafting isn't a very fun skill past visiting all the really cool altars, but man does it pay off when you start getting multiple Runes from one Essence.
    I was almost at double Natures on my other file, which it's a shame I never reached that point for massive profit.
    Lucky you. Runecrafting is one of my least favourite skills. It takes ages to level, and you can't really multi-task with it like you can with Fishing. But... it's still profitable if you do it right. Good luck!

Years
    Yeah, yeah. Just keep it up, you get teleports at higher Magic levels :D

Yeah, that's true, but the Defense can help in certain situations.
    But they need so many runes for the later spells.

Besides, the F2P world is pretty small. So if you're at an edge, Lumbridge can be a useful mid-point, but otherwise it only takes a short while to travel. And I carry a heavy set of equipment, so I can't run as far. In fact, I usually make a habit of just running from musician to musician, having a set path for travelling back and forth.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Lucky you. Runecrafting is one of my least favourite skills. It takes ages to level, and you can't really multi-task with it like you can with Fishing. But... it's still profitable if you do it right. Good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, I can understand that. It took me a looooong time to get where I was on my other file, and it definitely was fairly boring.
    I try to runecraft while playing on my laptop so I can go sit and watch TV in the living room, ha ha.
    Crafting nature runes isn't fun, but I can say that crafting Lunar Runes is kind of fun, mainly because the Lunar Altar is like the coolest place in the whole game. :P

This is making me wonder, what's everybody's favorite skill to train? I feel like this has been asked already, but i'm lazy.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Thanks. Yeah, I can understand that. It took me a looooong time to get where I was on my other file, and it definitely was fairly boring.
    I try to runecraft while playing on my laptop so I can go sit and watch TV in the living room, ha ha.
    Crafting nature runes isn't fun, but I can say that crafting Lunar Runes is kind of fun, mainly because the Lunar Altar is like the coolest place in the whole game. :P

This is making me wonder, what's everybody's favorite skill to train? I feel like this has been asked already, but i'm lazy.

1. RuneCrafting is AWFUL >_<
    2. My fave area is the GWD ;D
    3. Melee Combat.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Fishing is probably my favorite, because you never know what you're going to get (If you use a big fishing net anyway) and talking to ppl in Catherby is pretty fun.

Mining and smithing are pretty fun too, once you get to the higher levels, but it's the most pointless skill ever... it's literally impossible to make any profit on smithing, regardless of what you make. (Cannonballs might be exempt from this. I'm not sure.)

Oh, cooking is awesome too, because of all the different things you can make. Especially the gnome stuff.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Ok, what the eff. I went to the GE to purchase a water talisman. 5k GP. Are you kidding me? Water Runes are a low-level rune to craft!
    I mean, 5k is not that hard to get, but 5k for a talisman? D:

Anyways.
    @KenpoKid,
    The GWD are pretty cool. That slipped my mind, ha ha.
    @QuilavaKing
    Oh lordy, I forgot all about Catherby Fishing. It is pretty fun to talk to all those people.

My favorite skill would probably have to be Hunting. Although it's completely useless, I have fun training it. Especially in the snow area.
    Mining runs a close second, for I have a lot of good memories mining in the dwarf mine/mining guild.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Fishing. 19.6M Fishing XP. :3

It's a skill made for multi-taskers. :D Nothing better than popping a movie while at the Fishing Guild. (Or anime, or random YouTube video)

So, the recent updates. Changed the Achievement Diary to Tasks, and made the text smaller in the Stats... huh? Why?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Fishing. 19.6M Fishing XP. :3

It's a skill made for multi-taskers. :D Nothing better than popping a movie while at the Fishing Guild. (Or anime, or random YouTube video)

So, the recent updates. Changed the Achievement Diary to Tasks, and made the text smaller in the Stats... huh? Why?

I've noticed that. Runescape was acting like Xbox live and I was getting achievements for everything.

I completed a task by depositing runes into my bank and entering the earth altar.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    It's official: Jagex has officially run out of ideas.

Well, it's probably to compete with World of Warcraft. And it's really simple: if I wanted to play World of Warcraft, I'd play World of Warcraft. I love RUNESCAPE, not World of RuneScape.

Years
    Ok, what the eff. I went to the GE to purchase a water talisman. 5k GP. Are you kidding me? Water Runes are a low-level rune to craft!
    I mean, 5k is not that hard to get, but 5k for a talisman? D:
    I think the guards in Falador drop those talismans.

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    Heehee~
    Runescape...
    I remember like 4 years ago... i was like level 13 and i quit. 3-4 months ago i came back im now like only level 40 still (combat)
    Then again, i mostly train mage...

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Heh. I kinda wanna get Herby or Farming up for the new update, but... Meh.

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    i just logged in for the first time in a month. I get Task spam.

Please help me.

(Btw, just looked im actually level 48) :D

Back