• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV RWBY

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Calling all RWBY fans (I can't be the only one)! The trailer for the third volume is out and I am way too hyped for this. XD

OMG please join me in being a fangirling mess of RWBY trash <3 we need to discuss and speculate all the deets

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Coming in a week, I can hardly wait. I want me some more Yang.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm literally both excited and scared for this, since Monty isn't a part of it anymore. :( (Rip, Monty). It's coming out tomorrow, I think, and I can't wait to see my favorites return! <3 I'm wondering what this season has in store for us, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Also, seeing anime voice actors makes this a lot more fun than I could ever hope for. Anyway, go team RWBY! Outlive Monty's brilliance!

Sir Codin

Monty wasn't the only director/writer behind the series though; Kerry and Miles had a hand in the story writing as well, so I'm not worried about plot.

However Monty did animate most of the action scenes, but from the looks of the preview, RT got themselves some decent mo-cap artists to fill in for his permanent absence. Time will tell whether the animation will remain as it has been or if it will be improved.

Winter

Years
    I'm pretty sure Monty also left behind his own notes/ideas so I believe they had sufficient material to progress from the first two seasons – the plot has been pretty foreshadowed anyways (i.e. White Fang + Cinder Fall, involvement of Qrow, Yang's mother, etc). Judging by the trailer's animation quality, it doesn't seem too bad. :]

I can't wait! Seeing not only Team RWBY return, but possibly their older generation counterpart like Qrow and Winter Schnee(?).

Sir Codin

Okay, so according to Kerry and Miles, this is how Faunus genetics works:

RWBY

And given that I'm a biology major who's taken multiple classes that have touched upon genetics, evolution, natural selection, descent with modification and the like, this was literally my reaction upon seeing the last one:

Because Kerry and Miles have left out important details such as: dominance vs recessiveness of traits, similarities between human and faunus genes, whether or not inheritance mechanics of faunus work the same as humans, etc.

Like for example, when I tried to make a Punnet square of Blake x Sun, so many details were left unsaid that made it hard. Are the traits for determining Blake's status as a Cat faunus dominant or recessive? What were the traits of her parents? Is Blake heterozygous or homozygous? Same with Sun.

Winter

Years
    Given that two different Faunus gives rise to a random Faunus, I can only assume that there are multiple genes involved that bring about many (or maybe infinite o_O) allele combinations. Indeed, their response was just too vague.

Also I have questions about the moon of Remnant; it must have some plot significance I should think.

Sir Codin

Sorry, I had too...

Well, until the premiere airs today, enjoy the official trailer, guys...

Holy ****, Vic Mignongna actually can do a different kind of voice besides "KAKAROT!" and "blonde pretty boy teenager who may or may not go on long rants after being called 'short'."

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Okay so it's like supposed to be out today? I can't find the episode anywhere on YouTube or the Rooster Teeth website at all :(
    It's out today for RT supporters. It's out at 10am C.T. tomorrow for everyone.

Winter

Years
    First two episodes are out on RT's website! Go watch them! :D

Some of my thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2015
    Love the new OP! Actions scenes are still amazing. Humor seems a bit forced.

Sir Codin

In the words of Weiss Schnee:

".....no."

Spoiler:

Winter

Years
    Episode 3: It's Brawl in the Family!!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I'm making that a thing if it isn't already.

Winter

Years
    Each episode gets better and better!

Spoiler:

Sir Codin

Spoiler:

It's the very definition of Wham Episode.

Winter

Years
    Wow it just got way darker.

Spoiler:

The credits music was especially muted and somber. Speaking of soundtrack, Volume 3 has been on top of its game so far.

Sir Codin

Spoiler:

The credits music was especially muted and somber. Speaking of soundtrack, Volume 3 has been on top of its game so far.

I have to admit this new plot point of

Spoiler:

came completely out of nowhere with no setup whatsoever, but at the same time, it completely put into perspective a lot of things regarding the series and paints somewhat of a clearer picture of what Cinder is up to and although we can't know for certain what her endgame is, we are now aware of her short-term goal for why she's even doing these things in Vale.

Also, we don't need to guess that Cinder was behind Autumn's condition....we KNOW Cinder was behind her condition. I mean, really.

Back