• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S&M Fakemon Project [Stage III: Name and Movepool]

What concept do you prefer?

• Other (specify why you don't like the other three)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    That's true. I guess I would just shift my opinion over to offensive spiker! It be nice to see something that set up spikes didn't let everybody else set up on it. So kinda like Froslass and Roserade ^^

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Base 62 HP is just bleh...We want to make it a good pokemon, not just average. More HP and less Sp Def imo.

Of course that's my opinion on an offensive spiker, though we still need to confirm an actual concept.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I would post moar in S&M if something interested me. This thread interests me though. I'm still stuck on my iPod touch so no shoddy :(

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Base 62 HP is just bleh...We want to make it a good pokemon, not just average. More HP and less Sp Def imo.

Of course that's my opinion on an offensive spiker, though we still need to confirm an actual concept.

We don't want to make Collosoil 2.0 either. I was just trying to get stuff going in the right direction.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I support another Spiker that could work on offense teams. I would like it to be able to lead well, but that's probably asking for too much. Though, I don't mind a good Rapid Spinner. Another thing to add on to the Rapid Spinner idea, would to give it a type of Ghost / Steel. Ghost lets it spin block (block and spin yeah!), and Steel ensures it won't be too Pursuit weak. Give it Levitate and some decent defenses and we have a Salamence and Latias check (heck, could be considered a counter for the latter). Probably make it physically offensive so Rotom actually has a chance, if it was specially offensive, better off just giving it Scrappy lol. Unfortunately, we only have Shadow Claw and Shadow Punch as physical STAB moves, and those are pretty poor offensively due to the low base power (I guess a huge Attack stat could make up for it), resulting in a more stall-like Pokémon.

In short, I vote for an offense team Spiker unless a better idea shows up, but a Rapid Spinner would be good as well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    -post about base stats etc-

Less Att, like 90-100 range. Nearly 120 is WAY too high, also less s.def (like base 70) a little more hp and no Foresight to actually give spin blockers a chance (via giving spin blockers a chance it adds skill aka will i switch into a Crunch or will i switch to a non ghosts and they get a spin off etc?) and no Guts wtf man, seriously? We arent after something to eliminate spin blocking totally, we are after something that ADDS to the game without eliminating strategies, playstyles etc. Foresight on something with Pursuit AND Guts is retarded, you cant even run dual ghosts due to Pursuit (we have enough trouble finding slots in OU as it is for stuff) or even burn it. Yeah we get people hate stall but something that is totally obviously bias against it is a no go. I hate HO because it sucks and i feel its unviable and it makes me cringe when people run it because they'll prolly lose but im not gonna propose a Pokemon with base 200 speed and base 130 Offenses and 90 defenses and Boltbeam, stab Close Combat and Flamethrower to kill it off totally lol, we have to be unbias TOTALLY here.

The Spiker seems like a neat concept too (not on the Spinner though obv)

Years
    I like what D_A is suggesting. Yeah, we would just have to make sure that this pokemon vs. Rotom-A/spin blocker is an interesting match up. I also think we have to decide what exactly we want this guy to do. He can't handle all the problems in the metagame. So it might be a good idea for us to vote on which roles we want him to fill. We can always make more fakemon later if this succeeds.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    We'll do stats after we decide on a concept/roll for our Pokemon. From what I can tell (feel free to correct me here), the three most popular ideas seem to be the Poison-type attacker, the offensive Spiker, and the improved Rapid Spinner. If my impressions are indeed correct, I'll set up a poll soon enough and we will vote.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I didn't see any other ideas that received any significant support so yeah those three are probably our best bets for voting.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    If it's alright with everyone, I'll put those three options up in a poll when I get home from school tomorrow.

That means I'll lobby for my preference now.

Improved Rapid Spinner is my preference but I'm okay with offensive Spiker too. The main thing I want to post is my opposition to the Poison-type attacker. What does it even accomplish? Assuming we make it reasonably powerful and threatening, it will basically be "just another" Infernape, Gyarados, Salamence, etc. We already have plenty of threatening sweepers. Why add another? How does that make the main problems with the metagame any better? A better Rapid Spinner or an offensive Spiker both open up new ways that Pokemon can be strategically approached. Another random top 5-10 sweeper is the last thing we need, lol. It just doesn't really accomplish anything. Indeed, I would have no real reason to make a team with it it would be the same old metagame and the same old combos and strategies. There is nothing added to the game. That's my main gripe with the Poison-type attacker thing.

As for my preference of the Rapid Spinner over the Spiker, it's simply because I think that an easier time keeping entry hazards off the field opens more doors, not just because SR weak Pokemon can get in but also because traditional sweepers could be without the rocks they rely on for KOs. I think it would be a fun little experiment, and honestly, it's really annoying that I basically have to Spikes-proof my teams or make sure Skarmory can't set up or stall has a really good chance of beating me. The offensive Spiker is fine though, but I will cast my vote for the Rapid Spinner.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    You guys should go to my game group and look through my Pokemon so far and see if you find any concepts you like.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Poll is up, everyone should get to voting.

Personally I think the offensive spiker is probably the most interesting option, since Anti is kinda right about the sweeper thing. The rapid spinner would be cool too, but it seems like stall teams could use some more variation when it comes to pokemon that can effectively deploy hazards.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    K, voted for spinner. I think it'll add the most to the metagame honestly and spinners are really limited in ou. There is like 3 usable ones in ou tbh.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Voted for Spiker, seems like fun and Forry/Skarm get kinda old.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Honestly, we have some good Spikers in OU atm, but really not that great viable Rapid Spinners, the 3 of which are really not used in OU besides Starmie at 13th. Having a new Rapid Spinner would really change the metagame the most out of these concepts imo. Because of that, I voted for the Rapid Spinner.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I voted spinner too; I'd like to see something that sort of throws off the emphasis on getting up spikes and SR while still being somewhat prominent.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Guess I'll explain my vote: I chose the Offensive Spiker because we have no useful Spikers that can fit on an offense team without slowing down the "momentum," and the rest are very metagame weak and usually can't set up more than one layer of Spikes. With it, offense teams will probably be somewhat more viable. Whereas we already have a Spinner that can reliably 2HKO Rotom, which is Starmie. Though, yes it would be nice to have another as well as being bulkier, but I find the Spiker more needed atm due to nothing being able to fill the role currently.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Perhaps I'm speaking too soon, but with a commanding 7-vote lead, it looks like the improved Rapid Spinner will be our concept. Assuming this holds until the end of the day, I'd keep in mind how you think it should be approached.

With regard to the process, D_A and I decided that it would be best to work out and vote on the ability, base stats, and typing all at once. In other words, each option that is voted on will "package" the three together. We hope that this policy will bring a centralized focus or a synergy to these three aspects of our Fakemon.

Also, now that we're actually getting into creating the Fakemon, I just want to remind everyone that we don't want this to turn into "let's see how great/broken we can make this." Assuming the Spinner wins, that means that giving it 140 base attack and a STAB Crunch is not only giving it too much power but also betraying the concept, changing it from "improved rapid spinner" to "impossible to stop rapid spinner," and we don't want that.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Anti: so if you want to comment on the near-inevitable rapid spinner victory and concepts
    Anti: go ahead
    Anti: ill post mine later

I came up with one idea for the rapid spinner Fakemon. In terms of base stats, ability, and typing:

Typing: Water/Fire
    Ability: Immunity/ Levitate
    Base Stats:

HP: 105
    Attack: 80
    Defense: 90
    Speed: 71
    Special Attack: 95
    Special Defense: 100

BST: 541

Firstly, in regards to base stats, Anti clearly stated that the preferred BST would be no higher than the highest non pseudo-legendary or legendary in OU, which was Togekiss at 545. I wanted the fakemon to have respectable bulk (105/90/100 is pretty good bulk) along with ok offenseive abilities (the offensive stats and typing together are pretty strong already) and enough speed to just outrun Breloom.

I chose Immunity as an ability to block Toxic as well as Toxic Spikes. Levitate was chosen because the fakemon has a horrible Ground weak that can cripple it. Rock and Electric combined are enough hindrances as it is. However, one will have to choose between limiting weaknesses or blocking a crippling status effect as a result.

Water and Fire was chosen because of decent offensive capabilities in regards to STAB and typing. Fire also blocks burn status, common from spinblockers like Rotom-A. In conjunction with STAB, this has the ability to beat out Rotom-A, able to 2HKO even the RestTalk variants with Hydro Pump with SR up.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I just wanted to post to say this:

EV spread that all have a stat that ends in a 5 or 0 is pretty boring and lame. So lets not make them all like that, just an idea. I liked Anti's idea for a spinner. Fire/<type that isn't resistant to SR> will probably be lack luster because of how common SR is, also if its job is to be primarily a spinner/support mon, being SR and Spikes weak at the same time really limits its ability to switch in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back