• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sabrina Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I don't understand... usually being a snake isn't too good, what do you mean by that?

Well, I watched the other episodes of this contest too, and one was about making a picture where they had to show themselves as their chinese sign of the zodiac. Sabrina had a snake symbol, which means she must be born in the year of the snake - just like me. =)
    (Ok, I have to admit that my declaration isn't very well understandable... Look on this episode and you will understand.)

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Not obvious at all... considering that the winner should have been Cynthia.
    In YOUR opinion, in YOUR opinion. =P Rember whose fanclub this is. =P
    @Wyrrlokk: o,o And just like me! (me= also a snake-born) It was fate, yay! XD (Well, so was the connection between me and Mewtwo, but, meh...0=) )

Hm, theoretically, we could find out now when Sabrina was born, eh? ;-)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Now that I've seen that episode too, how do we know those are actually pictures of Sabrina, Cynthia, etc. and not just fanart of random anime girls who have the same hair color? But then again, it was just for fun, I guess.

Most likely if Sabrina was to be born in the Year of the Snake, it would have been the year that went from Feb. 6, 1989 to Jan. 26, 1990. Which would put her between 19 and 20. That's just a couple years off how old she actually is in my fic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Now that I've seen that episode too, how do we know those are actually pictures of Sabrina, Cynthia, etc. and not just fanart of random anime girls who have the same hair color? But then again, it was just for fun, I guess.
    Well, I guess the pictures might be random, yes. But quite fitting.

Most likely if Sabrina was to be born in the Year of the Snake, it would have been the year that went from Feb. 6, 1989 to Jan. 26, 1990. Which would put her between 19 and 20. That's just a couple years off how old she actually is in my fic.
    I think P*As story might play now, with a 19-20 year-old Sabrina, and, because your story is the sequel as I understand, it fits in the timeline, doesn't it?

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    I think P*As story might play now, with a 19-20 year-old Sabrina, and, because your story is the sequel as I understand, it fits in the timeline, doesn't it?
    You got a couple of things wrong. XD First of all, my Sabrina (as in, both in Winter's Love and Spring's Revenge) is 21. She even says so herself (Iirc, she say she's three years younger than Will, who's definitely said to be 24 there. ^^)
    Secondly, my fic does now play *now*. At least it's not supposed to. XD It's supposed to take place shortly before GSC. ^^In-Game-verse, it make kinda sense, because, iirc, the GSC arc and the DPP arc take place at the same time, so it could be possible for Cynthia to be champion when Will joined the elite four. Yet, anime-wise, it's a bit problematic....
    Thirdly, CPF's and my fic are nearly independ of each other. It's not a sequel. It's, if I had to connect our fics in any way, I would say my fic is an AU version of CPF's. I *am* going to write the sequel of his series, though. ^^

I disagree with Sabrina being born between Feb. 6, 1989 to Jan. 26, 1990. That would make 7-8 when her anime episodes aired. Oo (And, for the game and manga-likers out there, there to. XD). So, when was the last 'snake' year before this one? =3

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    You got a couple of things wrong. XD First of all, my Sabrina (as in, both in Winter's Love and Spring's Revenge) is 21. She even says so herself (Iirc, she say she's three years younger than Will, who's definitely said to be 24 there. ^^)
    Secondly, my fic does now play *now*. At least it's not supposed to. XD It's supposed to take place shortly before GSC. ^^In-Game-verse, it make kinda sense, because, iirc, the GSC arc and the DPP arc take place at the same time, so it could be possible for Cynthia to be champion when Will joined the elite four. Yet, anime-wise, it's a bit problematic....
    Thirdly, CPF's and my fic are nearly independ of each other. It's not a sequel. It's, if I had to connect our fics in any way, I would say my fic is an AU version of CPF's. I *am* going to write the sequel of his series, though. ^^
    Then I have to correct myself. Even I couldn't remember every single detail. I'm sorry for spreading around wrong predications.

How do you define "now" then? Shortly after GSC - you think of the publication date of the games? I wouldn't do so. It seems wrong to me.
    But because your fic is based on the anime, you might have a different concept than I have.

I disagree with Sabrina being born between Feb. 6, 1989 to Jan. 26, 1990. That would make 7-8 when her anime episodes aired. Oo (And, for the game and manga-likers out there, there to. XD). So, when was the last 'snake' year before this one? =3

12 years before, which would make her about 32 years old. Quite unfitting. Anyway. The episodes were broadcasted in 1998, but who says that it *plays* in 1998? And in the manga there is no time specification too, right? oO
    (Btw, her doll could be 7-8 years. xD)

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Then I have to correct myself. Even I couldn't remember every single detail. I'm sorry for spreading around wrong predications.
    ^^ That's no problem.
    How do you define "now" then?
    Now= 26th July 2009. XD
    Shortly after GSC - you think of the publication date of the games?
    Yes. ^^)I think around 1999...)
    I wouldn't do so. It seems wrong to me.
    That's your concept. Mine is different.
    But because your fic is based on the anime, you might have a different concept than I have.
    Like I said, I do have a different concept. I mostly use the anime as a basis. And, well, with the translation of Winter's Love and using of Cynthia in Spring's Revenge, I kinda threw the time-line out of the window anyway. XD
    12 years before, which would make her about 32 years old. Quite unfitting.
    Well, 32 *now*. =3 When the episodes aired, she would have been 21. And now that *is* fitting.
    Anyway. The episodes were broadcasted in 1998, but who says that it *plays* in 1998? And in the manga there is no time specification too, right? oO
    Well, for me, it was kinda logically. Of course, Pokemon world =/= our world, but how could the writers write about something that happens in the future? =3 Okay, okay, Pokemon is fiction, but to use *some* kind of time-line (the anime itself is a time loop, imo >>), I used the *real life* time. =3 Placing the happening of the episodes just sometime seems inappropiate.
    (Btw, her doll could be 7-8 years. xD)
    I always saw it as being around 4-5 years, but nevermind. =3

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    For one thing, there's no reason to assume that Sabrina was born in the Year of the Snake, as that is anything but canon. A random YouTube video which misidentified a random anime girl with green hair as Sabrina pegged her as being born in that year. Obviously if we're going off that, we're really going out on a limb.

But at least I figured out how to revitalize this club...

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Well, if we're going to judge things only by going from the *canon*, then, well, we shouldn't be discussing our fanfics here anymore, too. 0=)
    Secondly, Sabrina herself is a fictional character, so what's so wrong about giving her fictional birthdates? Our judgement is as good as anyones considering this, so, yeah. XD
    (And don't you tell me *you* are the hero of the club, boy. >>)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I'm sorry for being inactive such a long time... I'm in a difficult situation, and it will continue. Probably I don't have a possibility to use the internet for some weeks or even a month, but I hope that this club is still... alive... after I finish my move.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Awwww...I'm so sorry, Wyyrlokk. ^^ I hope your situation gets better soon. Till then, I think we have enough members who can should keep the club alive, neh? =3
    (Btw, before you disappear into the sunset, could you drop off at MSN? I've got some [good?] news for ya. =3)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Hey everyone, I'm Alakazam, and I have been a fan of Sabrina for many, many years. Even now I wonder if it was Pokemon that made me a Sabrina fan, or if it was actually Sabrina who made me a Pokemon fan, lulz. Anyway, I see this is quite an active club, so please count me in on the fun! :D

I've been gone so long from here that that seemed like the appropriate re-entry, XDD.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Well, you haven't been gone long enoguh to disappear from out collevtive memory, Alakazam17, lulz, but of couse you can join? Re-join? Whatever, as long as it keeps the club alive. XD!

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Even now I wonder if it was Pokemon that made me a Sabrina fan, or if it was actually Sabrina who made me a Pokemon fan, lulz. Anyway, I see this is quite an active club, so please count me in on the fun! :D

Maybe we could start a discussion from that. xD

I was a Pokemon fan before I knew any of the characters, just from looking other kids playing. I only knew Charizard and some other "monsters" fighting, which was incredible cool. xp After playing the game, Sabrina became my favourite gym leader soon. She got even more interesting over the years. (I didn't know neither her TV apperence nor any fanfictions with her so far, but anyway...) After loosing my interest in Pokemon, remembering her brought my back to the game.
    So... maybe it was both in my case. xD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Hmm, interesting. I suppose Pokemon really got me into Sabrina, as I had to defeat those first three gyms before I found out who she was. And I remember now being upset when I realized that I couldn't see her sprite again after defeating her. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Hmm, interesting. I suppose Pokemon really got me into Sabrina, as I had to defeat those first three gyms before I found out who she was. And I remember now being upset when I realized that I couldn't see her sprite again after defeating her. ;_;

I'm still upset about it. And usually I challenge her as late as possible, for the seventh badge, not for the forth. xD

Playing the game for the first time didn't turn me into a worshipper of her, but after I learned more about the game (by playing it over and over again...) I started to like her more than any other character.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I battled her as soon as I could because I didn't want to have her sitting there waiting for me as I went everywhere else. ;_;

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    *coughs* Well, you know me, and how I tend to sit in front of the DS for hours before finally being able to beat certain characters...or, instead, battling, turning off without saving, turning on and battling again, then turning off and turning on and battling and....*until eternity* XD

I'm quite sure I told this story before already, but I was first a Mewtwo fan, which made me a Pokemon fan (my first experience with Pokemon *was* the first movie and a classmate with his annoying'Pika, Pika'!) and after two years or so, I suddenly switched over to Sabrina. No idea why, it really happened over a day and then, suddenly, I wasn't interested in Mewtwo anymore even though I was as obsessed with him before as I'm now with Sabrina.
    I suppose if I ever get obsessed with something else again, it will be as shockingly and unexpectedly as it was before. XD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    P*A changing obsessions? Omg if that ever happened, there'd be another apocalypse sign every second until she finally came back to our side. =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back