• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sabrina Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I didn't, either, but then, I don't play the games with wide open eyes. XD I'll have to look again where I read this, but I'm pretty sure it was more or less officially confirmed. >< If not, sorries.
    (*Technically*, Jasmine also appeared in RSE, so...)
    She did? I never found her. oô

Ten-year-olds in our world have shown to be able to do amazing things, and then, you can neither compare a Charizard to a, um, crocodile or something nor can you compare TR to the mafia or anything. The Pokemon world is quite different. Here, no one would allow a child to play, much less *train* a crocodile, but I haven't seen any parent in the Pokemon world freak out when their child arrives with a Charizard.
    And, to be honest, TR hasn't done anything as cruel as real life criminal organisations, and since they disband *just* because their boss has been defeated in a Pokemon battle...I cannot see them as dangerous as criminal organisations in our world. Fanfics excluded. 0=)
    So, my interpretation of the Pokemon World is even darker than the PokeSpec, so sometimes I may assume something that isn't comprehensible for other members of the club. Sorry.
    Anyway. A charizard can spit flames, and, unlike it is shown in the anime, a human couldn't stand the heat of flames which could melt even a stone. So I think a chaizard is even more dangerous than a crocodile - it is faster, could fly and has this ability to melt you. Not to speak of Haunter, who snatch your soul away from you (like the Yellow-edition Pokedex told you) or Gyarados, who destroys whole *towns* if he's enraged. You like to think very logical - whould a child be able to control such powers or would it be able to use them right? I doubt a child has the experience or even the bravery to face such a challenge. And don't tell me again that Pokemon couldn't be dangerous. You might be right by talking about Rattata and Pidgeot, but even a Pikachu can be very dangerous with his high-volt electric shocks.

Logic beats fantasy, lol. >.<
    See my last point, then.

And I think we should go back to the topic. Which was..um...anyone help me? XD
    Well, our amazing arguing session *is* the topic. xD Start a new discussion, this one is pretty dead.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • She did? I never found her. oô
    She was, as far as I remember, in the background in the Pokemon Contests. Check bulbapedia, they have a picture. ^^
    So, my interpretation of the Pokemon World is even darker than the PokeSpec, so sometimes I may assume something that isn't comprehensible for other members of the club. Sorry.
    Well, while interpretating the Pokemon world, I often choose between two paths...the light and the dark one. (No Star Wars puns intented, but happened anyway) Which leads to the second point...-->
    Anyway. A charizard can spit flames, and, unlike it is shown in the anime, a human couldn't stand the heat of flames which could melt even a stone...
    (Not quoting everything, you should know what you said, lol). First of all, you should really, really, REALLY read PokeWars. =3 Because, 1, it fits your description exactly, secondly, because it kinda explains my view on the PokeWorld. (Or at least the one I must commonly use).
    See, in PokeWars, usually, the Pokemon's attack's *don't* hurt humans, just as it's in the anime. Face it, Ash got shocked and barbecued several times, and he's still alive. And the anime is just as legit as the manga, not more legit, but as legit as the manga. So the interpretation that Pokemons' attacks *aren't* harmful is also legit. (The Pokedex' entries seem to exaggerate very often...I mean, a Ponyta, jumping over a high building? WTF? Not always, as Haunter was indeed able to pull Ash's soul out of his body...).
    But then, the so called *dampeners* got removed from their brains and suddenly, their attacks *were* harmful and very real. I like this idea. Suddenly, there is the possibility that attacks don't have to be harmful, but could be. We had, in the anime, the example of the Ponyta whose flames burned Ash when he tried to ride it, but as soon as the Pokemon trust him, they didn't anymore. The same with Erika's Pokemon (whose name I forgot...) and the smell. The Pokemon seem to have some kind of control whether their attacks are harmful or not.
    Well, our amazing arguing session *is* the topic. xD Start a new discussion, this one is pretty dead.
    *beats the dead horse* => I think this discussion is far from dead, but if you want to continue, I'm usually on on MSN.
    But for a new topic...hm...*thinks of the pictures she found yesterday*...>.< Not a good idea, not a good idea...
    Oh well, might as well ask the obvious. What's the best fanfic with Sabrina you've read so far? (And then, we can discuss said fanfics.For dozens of pages. Because we can.)
    Anyone who mentions mine gets a cookie. 0=)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, I have an interesting topic, I guess. Take a look at this, Sabrina's new sprite for HgSs:

Spoiler:

Now she looks nothing like I expected she would, xD. But she's still kind of cool. lulz

Though I still say I prefer the sprite from my signature. X3

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Dreadful. They've killed Sabrina. That's not her at all. Short(er) hair, Britney Spears-like clothing, ugh. If this was how Sabrina originally looked, I would have never been a fan of her. The reason I liked her in the first place was because of her sprite, before even seeing how amazing she looked in the anime. It's not that much that I mind her trying to be sexier, I mean she started off with a whip, and then moved on to knee-high boots, but this is just not Sabrina whatsoever. What's worse is that people are going to start drawing fanart of that... person. Awful. Now I'm totally not looking forward to seeing Sabrina in the new game.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree with all of that, actually. When I first saw the sprite I thought "Wait, what? That can't be Sabrina....can it?"

And I hadn't thought of the fanart....Ugh @_@

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I share your opinions. This isn't Sabrina at all. She doesn't even look like her true sprite of G/S/C - all other characters do. Why have the designers decide to ruin her? It's a mystery.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Seems as if I'm the only one who likes the new Sabrina...kinda at least. The hair hurts me the most, because I love Sabrina with long hair...but when you really think about it, it is still long, just that she decided to spread it into two ponytails...and that makes it so horrible? >> Not really.

(My first thought about the sprite was: That's Sabrina? OMG SEXY SHE WEARS SOMETHING THAT EXPOSES HER STOMACH SEXY SEXY SEXY.... *coughs*)

And generally, the clothes...come on, we all don't wear the same boring old stuff every day. So does she, people. >> She does dress sexier now...these jeans...omg. 8D And her VS sprite has a clearer image of her arm thingies, though I still cannot decipher what exactly it is. Oo

And, um, CPF? Care to share this fanart you spoke of? Seeing as I like this new outfit, I wanna see fanart, too. =3 You can link it if you don't want to torture the other members. XD!

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    No fanart, I just dread whenever said fanart does come out in a year or so. Lorelei with red hair was bad enough, this is worse.

Now I predicted that you would like Sabrina's look, P*A... I bet if she dyed her hair blonde, got glasses and wore Flintstones-style clothing, you'd still love the way she looked. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes her look, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Sabrina fan, though now she's fallen far, far behind Cynthia.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • No fanart, I just dread whenever said fanart does come out in a year or so.
    Sorry to disappoint you,but one year is slightly off, I already found fanart by myself. =3 And, hm, sweet delicious fanart. Anyone want a link? *laughs diabolically
    Now I predicted that you would like Sabrina's look, P*A... I bet if she dyed her hair blonde, got glasses and wore Flintstones-style clothing, you'd still love the way she looked.
    ...hehehe...I *did* say something similar to, Wyrrlokk, I think? Can't remember...but I guess you're partly right. I don't mind if Sabrina changes her clothes, she could wear nothing but a bedsheet and I would call her sexy (in that case, I would especially call her sexy.) Her hair is a big no-no, though. >> Grey-ish blue is okay, blonde wouldn't be. There can only be one sexy blonde, and she's way behind Sabrina now in sexyness *snickers*.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Sabrina fan, though now she's fallen far, far behind Cynthia.
    I tend to disagree and think the opposite. =3 Cynthia's sexyness now pales in contrast to Sabrina's newfound one.
    (Headline of tomorrow: The ultimate fight! CPF vs. P*A! XD!!!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Here's the main question: if that sprite was not labeled as "Sabrina," would you even know it was Sabrina? I would think it was some random "Channeler" or "Medium" or whatever they call them now. No way would I think that was Sabrina. So the only reason why you like that sprite is because you know she's Sabrina.

And showing more skin is only more attractive if said person is attractive in the first place. I can name many examples where that is the case, but this is not one. This is an unattractive girl who's taken the place of Sabrina, and showing off her stomach comes off as trashy.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Well, I'm not sure about you, but I would be sceptical about calling the sprite a regular "psychic", as they're called (channelers and mediums mostly look a bit more mystical). They would wear different clothes imo too. I can't remember all of the psychic sprite up to now, but I think they wore some clothes similar to Liza&Tate. And somehow, her sprite just doesn't feel like the regular psychic sprite. It doesn't. o,o

...>> This *is* Sabrina, as much as you want to deny it. If you take her FR/LG sprite for comparison, you'll see that it *is* her, only that she changed her hair style (and her clothes, doh').The colour of the eyes, and the colour of her hair are, for example, exactly the same. It's just that she friggin wears some different clothes now.
    And trashy? Please, Saffron is, compared to our world, the New York, the Tokio, the Paris of the Pokemon world. A big city. And Sabrina is a woman of about 20-30 years. I've seen dozens of girls that age wearing similar clothes, and they're students. And they have the perfect body for it. Sabrina has, too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I decided to go back and look at the sprite long and hard, to see if I could get a second opinion. And the result is...

Still awful. Sorry, P*A.

But I guess I don't like most designs of Sabrina; the one that I really like and consider to be "true" Sabrina is anime Sabrina. I'll make sure to keep her in my mind when battling her.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • *shrugs* Well, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I must admit I was a bit shocked first too, but by now I've started to really like it (sweet fanart helped, too).

And now, when I think about it, Anime Sabrina and Game Sabrina are very different. Character and design-wise. o,o So I doubt they should really be compared...

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    But then in that case, I don't like game Sabrina, which would mean I'm not a total fan of hers. Of course the same could be said about Cynthia, that I'm not a fan of her anime personality, but instead of the alter ego I've given her. I think a better way of putting it is that I don't like the way Sabrina looks, but I still like her as a character.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • I don't think anybody of us could be a total fan of hers, as no one can really claim to be a complete and total fan of anything. And Sabrina has so many incarnations that there's something for anyone XD and no one can be a fan of all of her incarnations.And maybe there is even an evil version of Cynthia besides your fanon one. I dunno how she's in the manga, but I I know she appeared there already. Sabrina, after all, was turned into a Rocket member...

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Here's the main question: if that sprite was not labeled as "Sabrina," would you even know it was Sabrina? I would think it was some random "Channeler" or "Medium" or whatever they call them now. No way would I think that was Sabrina. So the only reason why you like that sprite is because you know she's Sabrina.

And showing more skin is only more attractive if said person is attractive in the first place. I can name many examples where that is the case, but this is not one. This is an unattractive girl who's taken the place of Sabrina, and showing off her stomach comes off as trashy.

You're completely right in every point you've said. This person doesn't look like Sabrina, and her complete outfit is trashy. No way a person like Sabrina would wear such things. Where did her discipline go? Her individual style? They even took her beautiful hair from her... It is nearly too much to stand. I really hope she wouldn't appear in the next Pokemon Special (if HGSS comes there, too) with a look like that. x_x

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • *doesn't comment* Well, in a recent episode, the one where the HG/SS female protagonist appeared (Kotone or something), there was also a flashback to Clair, I think (at least I saw the picture on bulbapedia). And Clair appeared in her new HG/SS outfit. So, conclusion, IF Sabrina ever appears again, chances are high that she does in her new outfit. (Same for Will, too, if he ever appear.)
    Ha, ha, ha! :P

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Someone likes Sabrina a lot: Sabrina Facts

The Haruhi Suzumiya-related ones are the best, although that's because I <3 Haruhi so much.
    Read that fic just a few minutes ago (and yes, I noticed that you updated, but I had already posted in the CFC then. ^^;;;;) and lol'ed a lot. (Though some of these things don't make physically sense...oh well, Sabrina creates her own physics, then.) Anyone want to invite that author to our club? XD And anyone else smiled inwardly when he read about Sabrina and her revenge on Itsuki? Though, one has to know about *what* Itsuki I was thinking about in that moment, lol.
    (Apparently, *our* Itsuki aka Will is kinda named after the Itsuki from Haruhi...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back