• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sad News - Maddie Blaustein has passed away

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Check Wikipedia again. A few minutes ago it was Dec 16. And then it was nothing. Now it is Dec 12.

More and mor efake to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Pokemon pranks aren't uncommon, as it's life. However, if it involves faking a obit, I think the backlash will cost them big.

Not to mention, when it actually happens, "oh, it's just Serebii.net's screwing with us!"

What is wrong with this fandom?

Words of truth, these are. Serebii has yet to purposefully fool people in a news story as far as I have seen (even that Shaymin Sky Forme was listed as unconfirmed), so I have no idea why all of the blame gets tossed at them so often. However, I also find it odd that this is coming up so suddenly and that all of the so-called "sources" for this are remaining anonymous.

For now, I am also among the skeptical.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I'm at a loss for the written word or any tangible word... or words at all. I'm still clinging to hope with much fervor that this death isn't so or even looming large but if Maddie has indeed passed then the Pokémon fandom and more may not ever recover from this depression of sorts. I think it goes to show that a crude nature of life is not anything worldly but rather the notion that death can come for us at any moment and that life itself as we know it can end at any whim, invective or not or within intention or not, and with but a thought or without.

But wow, I hope Maddie hasn't passed. This is a tremendous loss. She was one of my favorite dub VAs ever and was too talented and kind for mortality to get the best of her.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I heard this from my friend... if it's true, that is sad D=

EDIT: I forgot, he did mention that she was also Omega's VA (From the Sonic series).... I'm gonna go around the Sonic community base to see if I can find something

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Sorry, peeps, but...it is true.

A pal of hers has posted on SPPfail and stated the truth, that she did indeed pass away.

Supposedly, 4Kids are going to be doing a tribute or something.

It appears that I might watch the CW4Kids this Saturday. Maybe they'll air it on tv.

Years
    This email was received by an SPPf user, apparently confirming Blaustein's death. I can confirm that the email address listed is that of Eric Stuart, so we can assume that to be unofficial confirmation (as opposed to unsupported statements on fansites).

Nodorsho

Do you want to be my pet? <3
    Years
    Indeed, this is sad news :( I liked Maddie Blaustein. She truly did an excellent job voicing Meowth.

RIP Maddie. You will be missed.

Lash

Years
    Damn, when I saw this as a news update at Bulbapedia, all I could think about is all the good work she did voicing Meowth, and how she will be missed, by family, fans, and everyone else on the original crew.

Eh, so, RIP Maddie Blaustein, a true Pokemon - voicing veteran.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Horrible that this is true. As many have said, 2008 seems to be the year of deathly loss. But we must remember to live as the deceased would want us to live, in the moment and make every minute count.

On a side note, I believe Jimmy Zoppi will have a LOT of work on his hands to try and inspire the same hope in fans about Meowth as Maddie did.

Years
    If this is fake, its a very sick joke....
    But if its true, she could have had a disease and not known about it, or secretly been on drugs or SOMETHING like that . It happens sometimes.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I just found this out on SPPF. It's surreal, to say the least. I normally don't post on these kinds of threads, but this one just caught me totally off guard. I'm really not good at these kinds of things, but I'll definitely miss her.

Back