• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sakura Taisen - Have you ever heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • As of now, three remaining games for the PS2 have been scheduled. Because of the recent news, their release remains in doubt. And who knows what will happen to the anime, at this point. Oh boy.......:nervous:

Years
  • @yugifan2005: Don't be so depressed!;) This series may not be so well known as other series out there, but at least you and me share a common interest! If you want, go to gamefaqs, where the translation guides are. Enjoy!

Years
  • @latiasfan2004: Yes, I checked out gamefaqs, and I found news that Red Entertainment has officially left Sega! :surprised Oh boy, this will affect the future of this franchise! In what way, I don't know.

Years
  • @yugifan2005: If you would like, you can also check out the Sakura Taisen fan club on Yahoo. I am a member there, and yes, I have the exact same user name there. Hope to see you there soon. :)

Years
  • Just today, I read an interesting post on gamefaqs regarding the Hoshi-Gumi, which is the original group that started using the robots for fighting. It was on the Sakura Taisen 5 board in the PS2 section. It sure was interesting, and may even lead to a new game about them. After all, this year is the 10th anniversary of the franchise itself.

Years
  • Wow, it seems like no one has posted here in this thread for a long time. So I wil extend this thread, since I would like to talk more about this series!

Years
  • @yugifan2005: Aww, thank you very much! :) And I was just about to report, that a sequel to last year's Sakura Taisen V on PS2 is in the works. Not to mention, the Teitoban game, which is an adventure game. At least one of them could come out later on this year.

Years
  • @yugifan2005: Yes, now that's the spirit! :) And just a reminder, Sakura Taisen 1 + 2 are coming out to the PSP on March 9. And a new Kayou show DVD based on the New York Kagekidan will be coming out, as well. I just received the news from the Yahoo fan club.

Years
  • @yugifan2005: To answer your question, yes, the PSP release will, for the most part, play remarkably like the Saturn original. I don't know how much of the voices will remain intact, though. :\

Years
  • Man, it seems as if there isn't much news on this series these days. It's also not very easy to find much information on this series, unless you are willing to do long searches on google or something. Oh well..... :tired:

Years
  • Tomorrow is the day that Sakura Taisen 1 + 2 finally makes its debut on the PSP! Finally, a chance to play this series on the go! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • @yugifan2005: I feel your pain. I don't have a PSP either. But that's alright, since the games are identical to ther Saturn and Dreamcast counterparts anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back