• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sakura Taisen - Have you ever heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So, does anyone here know just how the Taisho Romando is like? Because I can see that most of us here may never get the chance to go there. I believe that it is located in Ikuebukuro, Japan, isn't that right?

Years
  • yugifan2005 said:
    So, does anyone here know just how the Taisho Romando is like? Because I can see that most of us here may never get the chance to go there. I believe that it is located in Ikuebukuro, Japan, isn't that right?

Well, since most of us won't have the chance to go there during the 3rd Anniversary celebrations (apparently the Taisho Romando has been there since 1988, but the cafe has only been there since 2003) I thought I'd do a little thread to highlight the things you can get during the 3 day celebrations, as well as their new line up of stuff for the year (go here: https://www.sakura-taisen.com/romando/goods.html because I'm too lazy to list all the new stuff)

...anyway, from the 15th to the 17th of July, there will a "stamp rally" (I think I got that right...) where basically you can collect stamps and get cool stuff. I think if you get a stamp from each floor of the GiGa, you can get a TeiGeki T-shirt, If you go and spend 3000yen in one go you get a New York Kagekidan T-shirt and if you spend 3000yen on the 4th floor of the GiGa (the medal floor...my translation skills are really bad...I'm sorry *bows*) you get a Paris Kagekidan T-shirt. All of these t-shirts feature SD versions of the casts in their battle uniforms, looking cool.

You can also get a special bag depending on how much you spend, there's a special desert menu for the weekend featuring a fruit cocktail flavoured jelly (I suppose that would be Jello for you lot in the US) based on each of the kagekidans. Also they will be playing the various Geki!Tei songs (all about promotion baby) and at 9:30 each day, they invite you all to join in the dance and salute (...I think...that's a little scary if I've got that right). You can also see entries for the Pinky St creation contest, the new menu contest and the painting contest (exhibition, illustration...thing...)

..and there you have it. Time to book a cheap flight to Tokyo pronto... too bad something like that is rare nowadays.

Years
    Years
    Years
  • Say what? A Sakura Taisen MMORPG? Starting in China, no less? Who knows how that would work out. As for the 3 PS2 games slated for release, who knows.....

Years
  • *flashes to the Imperial Theatre in the Ginza*

OT: *standing in the lobby* Since the last TKD live show (well they *say* last...) has been going now for...*checks watch*...about a week, it's time to announce...the CD release! *Sumire and Maria release streamers over OT*
    Sumire: The album of this historic show will be released on the 25th of October. If you get a first press edition, you get the bonus of it being picture labeled.
    Maria: The story for the show is as follows. The TKD review show opens to a thunderous applause...
    OT: However, halfway through the run, Ohgami decides to switch to the "Shin Ai Yue Ni" program...
    Sumire: Behind the scenes, various characters, myself included, negotiate to continue the show...
    OT: But *Shock, horror* someone is out to stop the show entirely and unleashes monsters onto the capital!
    Maria: The Hanagumi battle valiantly to save the country from evil, but the cost is heavy...
    Sumire: The only hope for Sakura is the Hanagumi and the love that shines from them!
    OT:...It's one of those power of love things again...Yay. Anyway this 2, count 'em 2 CD set will retail for around 3500yen.
    Kohran: *runing in with her stall* But that's not all! Also coming at the end of the year will be the very special Sakura Wars Zenkyoku-syu 2 set which contains 8 discs!
    This contains the complete set of themes from the series from 2002 to 2006 to bring the first 10 years of Sakura Taisen to a close and to kick off the next 10 with a bang! *OT and Sumire cower behind Maria* Whatcha doing?
    OT: Whenever you say "bang" I normally expect an explosion...normally with me at the centre...
    Sumire: Force of habit. *both get up*
    Kohran: Anyway...it will cost around 18000yen and be sure to order yours soon since stocks are limited...*OT runs past*
    Sumire: Where are you going?!
    OT: I'm pre-ordering now!!
    Maria: ...Thank you for listening *Sumire, Maria and Kohran bow*

Years
  • Does anyone have any information on the Shin Ai Yue Ni DVD boxset?

To answer your question:

December 10th - Shin Ai Yue DVD boxset gets released.
    - DVD Pre-orders are from September 28 to November 19. Get in early to avoid dissapointment!

As for other news:
    September 21st - Premium box of the PC version of ST1-4 being released. (Forgot to bring up these news earlier.)

Sadly, that's all for now. :(

xxxSakura

桜の姫 ♡ Formely xoxkris
    Years
  • Aww, too bad. I wished there were more info, though I seldom play Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars. I watched a movie on it once (anime), but I don't really understand the plot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back