• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Salutations! New to PC ~ but an oldschool Pokemaniac

SickLollipop

~*Chasing the Shiny*~
    Years
    Hai! I'm SLP, and I have started playing Pokemon Y alongside my older brother, who is playing X. I've always been a hardcore little Pokelass since I was very young, but growing up we never had the money for me to play any of the handheld games. Instead I had a worn-out Pikachu plush and some cards, and I watched the cartoon religiously every Saturday morning. Now that I've obtained Pokemon Y and the wonderful 3ds, I feel like all my childhood dreams are coming true! Not only does this game seem to fit me and my passions like a glove (having an RPG style, with a mage-fox starter,) I am eager to carve my own little niche in the current Pokemon community. I've finished the storyline and have gone on to the task of finishing my Pokedex, which is daunting and yet exciting. My ultimate goal in-game is to collect shinies; something I know is done a lot, but I still have a fiery love for it. Of course that means obtaining the Shiny Charm; hence my diving into a pokeforum in hopes to make friends and add to my friend safari.

A bit more about myself; I am an aspiring animator, proud hikikomori, shameless weeaboo, and a bit of a pastel goth. I couldn't name a single favorite pokemon, but a few would be Squirtle, Vulpix, Misdreavus, Aurorus, and most definitely Fennekin. I have a single shiny that my brother gave me as a gift, a darling little Snubbul named Aunt Agatha.

Thanks so much for reading my long-winded intro.. I appreciate it! If you mind becoming friends, please PM me and we can exchange friend codes. ^.^

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

It's always useful to have someone to play the games alongside; it makes trading for what you want that much easier, right? Of course, Trade Corner on here to help if you need it like Archy said, but having someone closer to home is always nice...for me, it's always been my mother playing the opposite version alongside me, aha. We also have a Shiny Hunter's Club that might be of interest to you if you're actively seeking them out, as well as a 6th Gen Friend Code Sharing Thread, where you'll be able to get some codes for those Friend Safaris.

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Methodman

alias Meth0d
    Years
    Wassup! Welcome to Pokecommunity.com! ^^My name is tino and I want to greet you from germany.Have fun with the tons of threads, crazy people and visit the battle-server. Where you can create your own dream-team!Have a nice day.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Hi SLP! Welcome to PC ^^

Glad to hear you're finally getting to play the games! That's got to be really exciting. X/Y and OR/AS are amazing games to start the series with. Have you considered trying any games from previous generations? You might like them too! ^_^

Everyone's already given you some really helpful links, but you might also want to check out our Pokemon gaming forums. We've also got threads where you can show off the shinies you've found, one in the X/Y forum and one in OR/AS! Feel free to share some of your finds there!

Hope to see you around, and if you ever want someone to talk to, you can always VM me!

SickLollipop

~*Chasing the Shiny*~
    Years
    Aww, all you guys have welcomed me so warmly!! I really appreciate it, and I hope that we can see each other around the forum more!

I will probably join the Shiny Hunters' Club, even though it does sound a bit intimidating, but I'm sure that there's no better way of obtaining the tips and techniques I may not already know about. I have a history of avid roleplaying, so I'll drop a line in that section as well! In the meantime, I'm trying to gather as many FCs as I can to add to my Friend Safari. OR/AS are next on my list once I've saved up enough, and in the meantime I've been trying to decide which classic emulator to start with.

Once again, thanks so much for welcoming me so sweetly into the fold!!

Back