• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same Level-adict

blue

gucci
Years
  • I totally do this too. I set caps for myself though; I.E Getting everything to 40 except my favorite party member, which is 5 levels ahead. I'm a perfectionist, so everything has to look good and usually ends up overpowered. That's how I like it though.

Yeah I tend to have my favourite a few levels over the rest.

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I always train my pokémon by five levels at a time. So if my Gyarados is on level 15, I switch lead pokémon and level it up from 10 to 15, and so on. I'm pretty particular about this, if there's more than a five level gap, I go insane.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Nope. Not alone. I've always done this and actually, I've always assumed it was what most people did. When I was real young (as in during the first Gen), I would train my starter Pokemon to be a WAY higher level than everyone else... after the first time I lost miserably to the Pokemon League, I learned why that was a bad idea. From then on, I trained my Pokemon evenly. When one levels up, I switch his position with the next Pokemon I want to level up. When I'm in a gym, one (as in the one with the type advantage) might shoot three or so levels higher than the rest of the team, and he'll go to the bottom afterward until the rest catch up. On Platinum, with the way there are double battles, I even have it set up to where I'm training Garchomp and Gyarados at the same time because they compliment each other.

BrainChord

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I have recently done so, however before BW came out, I always used my starter as a steroid.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • My Pokemon don't necessarily have to be the exact same level, but I try to keep them within 0-10 levels of the strongest party Pokemon. I dislike it if there's a major level gap, because at times I most likely tend to have to rely on only the higher-level ones, with the low-level neglected ones usually only serving as one-turn fodder. :(

Years
  • i dont usually do this, i train up my starter really high usually and train up another poke, then i just get higher level ones later and train them up or use an exp share

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I do this no matter if I play the game for a day or longer. I usually raise all my Pokemon 5 levels between gyms, maybe more if there's a good amount of space between them. I usually train my Pokemon all to Lv.13-15 before the first gym, then go 5 levels up after, and so on, and so on.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • I usually just look at which Pokemon is under/over leveled, look at that Pokemon's summary, feel bad about it, then do nothing about it and move on. Yeah, not really helping...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I try to keep my pokemon at the same level as well. However, over time I've become more lenient, but still the highest level can't be over five levels higher than the lowest level on my team; though there is an exception to this if the lowest level is just recently caught.

My own pickiness was one reason I stopped playing platinum. Trying to keep pokemon at the same level gets tiring the further you get into the game. I got tired of spending so much time just training all of my pokemon to get the level of the highest. I had a rule that my lowest level pokemon had to be three levels higer than every gym leader's highestpokemon, or at bare minimum in some occassions at the same level as their highest.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Definitely this; I am so anal about it. xD I just can't bear to have huge level differences

I routinely rotate my pokemon around so they are all the same levels. I can allow about 2 levels difference, but the pokemon that is two levels higher will NOT be used in any circumstance (if I can get away with it) until the others have caught up. XD

Usually the level difference of two levels happen because of important battles.

Years
  • I try to do that when I start my adventure, but eventually it takes too much for me to keep track.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • I always do this with all of my teams, they have to be the same level before i go on otherwise my team would look out of balance level wise.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I thought I was the only one who was completely nuts about it! All my Pokémon have to be at the exact same level or else I won't move on to the next Gym or sidequest. If one Pokémon's even one level above the others, I freak out and train the others until it's all even and good in my world again.

It's bad sometimes, I rotate my Pokémon in battles periodically so that everyone has a chance to get some EXP. Sometimes I'll even make them fight, knowing they have a type disadvantage. Yup, I'll admit, I'm a same-level addict.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I used to try to do that when I was young for 2-3 gyms and then I would just give up because some pokemon were useless. I remember on my last silver play through that I did in 2005 I told myself everyone was going to stay the same level, and then mareep ended up being level 60 something and everyone else was low 40's. Whoops.

Now that I'm older, I usually just use my starter until I find another good pokemon. I used to catch a pidgey, weedle, caterpie and rattata before brock and then train them all to level 10 before I would even fight Brock. On my current play through of red I had Squirtle at level 12, Pidgey at level 7 and Pikachu at level 9 when I fought Brock.

Years
  • Saryka, you sound almost like me.

I usually do this unless there's a Pseudo-Legendary on my team, then I make it's level higher intentionally and hoard Rare Candies just because of that.

But for the most part, yes I am a level addict.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I didn't used to care about it at all, but I've watched other people play a lot, and now I try to keep them within a level or 2 of each other.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I used to do these, now I'm not as a maniac as I used to be.
    Thank god for that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah I defo always do this. Or I try to anyway. My starter always tends to get a bit of bias and have a few levels on the rest. Sometimes a weak one gets left out....I feel bad!

Back