• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same sex marriage..

Do you agree to same-sex marriage?

• Yes

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    First of all, gay marriage should be legal. Let's hit the dead horse one more time with that.

I personally think it's ridiculous that gay marriage is still illegal in some states, and that they have the right to do that. The thing that really bugs me about this whole situation is that a big part of it is "the Bible says it's wrong". I learned that separation of church and state was established so that this kind of stuff didn't happen, yet it's legitimately happening right now. That makes absolutely no sense.

My outlook for this whole dilemma is that it'll change. Once we get the next few generations into leadership positions and all the close-minded idiots get fired/pass on, this stuff will be legal. It'll be just like women's suffrage and slavery, and some day we'll all look back and think, "How could we do that? That was so wrong."

In the eyes of some, racism isn't wrong. Neither is segregation. If people cannot even let go of racial prejudices, how do we have a hope in hell of making people see that homophobia is wrong? Most will see it, but a large number still will not. Let us not fool ourselves into thinking that with marriage equality things will be all rosy for us. I live in Canada, one of the few countries in the world that recognizes the full rights and citizenship of it's lesbian and gay sisters and brothers. But we still face tremendous amounts of discrimination, both politically and socially. And let us not forget our bisexual brothers and sisters, who even within the LGBT community have to contend with openly hostile discrimination. And lastly, let's not forget about our transgender brothers and sisters, who are not protected by federal law at all.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    In the eyes of some, racism isn't wrong. Neither is segregation. If people cannot even let go of racial prejudices, how do we have a hope in hell of making people see that homophobia is wrong? Most will see it, but a large number still will not. Let us not fool ourselves into thinking that with marriage equality things will be all rosy for us. I live in Canada, one of the few countries in the world that recognizes the full rights and citizenship of it's lesbian and gay sisters and brothers. But we still face tremendous amounts of discrimination, both politically and socially. And let us not forget our bisexual brothers and sisters, who even within the LGBT community have to contend with openly hostile discrimination. And lastly, let's not forget about our transgender brothers and sisters, who are not protected by federal law at all.

You're never not going to face discrimination. No one has never not faced discrimination. Women still face it, blacks still face it, and even when gay marriage is legal, gays will face it too. But, despite all this, women have the same rights as men and are treated as human, and blacks have the same right and are treated as human. In time, this will come to the LGBT community as well. It's better to make some progress than none.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    No, you're right. Discrimination will always be with us. Unfortunately. If I had a choice I would surround myself with small children and never see an adult again. Because in my mind, it is children who I think are the most pure human beings on the planet. They have no prejudice, no hatred. They are curious and accepting of many things. It is only when we grow older and learn from our families and friends and the community around us that we learn prejudice and hate for others who are different.

So I think, if we want to stop all the hatred, we have to learn to stop hating and passing that hate onto our children.

Back