• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#savepokemon - nintendo are doing it WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
  • Hi,
    I'm campaining to #savepokemon. With the 5th move, island challange, totems, a executor tree, Pokemon Global Offensive, and some type changes that are JUST PLAIN WRONG (ice type vulpix?).
    also, IV training and the fact that it tells you type-effectiveness in-battle? Nintendo are ruining pokemon and the meta.

Yungoos wants to make pokemon great again. But I'm here to make pokemon great again, as it was in the gameboy and sinnoh days.

Put this in your signature if you are against what nintendo are doing with this epic game.

#savepokemon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah, it's such a shame they've decided to take a new direction and actually make the games interesting and fun again. Creativity in the games is the last thing we wanna see. :( Hopefully they'll go back to the days of rehashing the same thing time and time again.

It would've been nice if GF had spread Alola's creativity to the earlier gens.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I personally love the new concepts, actually the power moves thing for me is a bit pushing it but I'll live, but otherwise, the region is beautiful there's no doubt about it.
    It's bringing in NEW concepts, NEW designs, NEW plot, NEW storyline, NEW creativity. Generation 7 is bringing in a lot of baggage to make this yet one of the most memorable generations imo, if they'd just followed the basic story board, it'll just be as boring as Black & White + XY + ORAS (imo sorry all who like those games a lot).

Plus. How dare you question the Ice Vulpix. It's amazeballs.

Quasimoto

Lord Quas
    Years
  • I am more mad that isnt ice/ghost, but with more 20 years with gyms and blah blah blah, do you think is time to explore other things? new and awesome things?

My nigga Exeggutor got a nice revamp, hope he gets a decent stat buff.

PKMNEdward

Snorlax fan
    Years
  • Hi,
    I'm campaining to #savepokemon. With the 5th move, island challange, totems, a executor tree, Pokemon Global Offensive, and some type changes that are JUST PLAIN WRONG (ice type vulpix?).
    also, IV training and the fact that it tells you type-effectiveness in-battle? Nintendo are ruining pokemon and the meta.

Yungoos wants to make pokemon great again. But I'm here to make pokemon great again, as it was in the gameboy and sinnoh days.

Put this in your signature if you are against what nintendo are doing with this epic game.

#savepokemon
    I'm with you.
    we want a pokemon game, not a new load of turd.
    #savepokemon

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    This isn't the right way to tackle this situation...and I'm not saying that said situation is bad. So far, I'm pretty satisfied.

Starting a petition or having a hashtag in your signature is unlikely to change anything, sadly. Instead of releasing anger or pent-up emotions on the game devs' decisions and choices, there's probably two things you can do right now:

1. Either start your own Pokemon ROM Hack or fanmade project and 'make Pokemon great again'. Do it yourself so you can fulfill your own vision.

2. Be a bit more flexible and accepting about a game, especially when all details haven't been released yet. There's countless of good things in the game that I'd talk about, but I see no point.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    jjXR2J9.gif

Troll accomplished, I suppose.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • I mean, I guess I'm kind of with you that IV training seems a bit silly and there could have been better ways to make competitive more accessible. Hell, I'd rather like IVs removed in all honestly. But enough of that, let's talk about the rest of your post.

No thank you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Seriously bro? XD

I get some people are skeptical about this and I am too. This can easily go wrong if not implemented well. But this isn't some other AAA gaming company shitting out games without any effort put into them. This is Gamefreak. I trust that they can at least make a decent game. So, for now, I would calm down and wait for more information. Just because there are new things in a game it automatically means it's going to suck. That's ridiculous! What matters most is that the new additions to the games are implemented well.

We have had the same formula for 20 years. 20 years of the same formula with little to no changes to the plot of the story. This is needed. Don't get me wrong. I love the formula, I love being the champion, I love gym leaders and gym challenges, but there needs to be change and it needs to happen now. New pokemon with new forms are interesting. A 5th move slot can help so much in battle, preventing fifth battle move syndrome. Totem pokemon/Island challenges make the world feel more unique and interesting. The Pokemon world is already interesting, but this makes it better. It makes Pokemon feel more alive.

You may be a little upset, but give it a try at least. You never know what might happen. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, Gamefreak can learn and move on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back