• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#savepokemon - nintendo are doing it WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKMNEdward

Snorlax fan
Years
  • You're in luck pal, you'll find that this is a Pokémon game! I know, what a shocker right?

Give it a chance guys. I think you'll like it more than you know. :)

It's not.
    I want a PROPER Pokemon game.
    No Mega, No "Alola Forms" , No Freaking Ice-Type Vulpix.
    I want a Pokemon game like Platinum or the originals.
    #savepokemon

PKMNEdward

Snorlax fan
    Years
  • jjXR2J9.gif

Troll accomplished, I suppose.
    #savepokemon is not a troll
    I only hope all this crap gamefreak are making isn't real.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Oh... Wow.

Like, I am already very impressed with all the new changes they've made to the game. Pokemon was so predictable-- Kicking the bad guys' butt, challenging the Gym leaders then the Elite 4 and Champion. We could do with the changes and I am glad they implement the changes.

P.S - The new typing for older Pokemon made senses to me too. Animals also evolve and adapt to their environment, and I am actually happy to see an Ice type Vulpix.

In a way, they've already saved Pokemon by having new ideas, new fun, and new challenge instead of the similar plot all over again.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • It's not.
    #savepokemon

So... What you're saying is... You want the series to stagnate. Forget progress, change, and interesting new mechanics, let's rehash the exact same game forever and ever until everyone eventually loses interest. Let me guess, you complained about Mega-evolutions too?
    The series is changing, get over it. It's been literally 20 years, Pokemon is far overdue for a massive revamp. If it's really that tragic and heartbreaking to you that the game isn't the exact same formula anymore, feel free to play Platinum for the rest of your life or make your own Pokemon game.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    It's not.
    #savepokemon

Right, Platinum is a good game. One of my favorites! Doesn't mean this one is going to be bad.

We need to move with the times, yo. New demographic, new generation - face it, change is bound to happen, and we really don't need to be so worked up about it. No HMs are a good thing, the setting is as beautiful as ever, there's more unique changes and evolution to combat the Mega Evolution power spike.

So again, how is this a bad game if you simply dislike one or two Pokemon designs? I didn't like Muk when the originals came out, nor did I like Garbodor - but they're still really awesome games nonetheless. Going this far just because some evolution or some decisions they made irked you is rather brash.

How about complaining when the game actually comes out? You can give it a try, and maybe then we can take your opinion seriously. We will achieve nothing here.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I welcome change to the standard formula; simple innovation goes a long way. Variety is also another aspect important to Pokemon. Being able to look at old Pokemon in new ways will be great for the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As someone that's been playing since the beginning, I think the games have been begging for a change to the formula for a long time. I'm surprised it took this long, honestly. I loved everything I saw in the update today so I'm totally cool with the changes and additions. I love the idea of Alola forms, especially the Vulpix/Ninetales. And I like the bird that is different depending on where you catch it. Reminds me of Sinnoh's Shellos, but even better since this seems to be more than just an aesthetic change.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • OK fine. I'm going to be a digimon fan from now on.
    It's kind of ironic that you're leaving Pokemon for Digimon because Pokemon added a Digimon-like feature. (Mega Evolution)

So there are new forms. What exactly are wrong with these?

Yes, there technically aren't gyms, but what do you think the Island Leaders + Kahunas are? Gym leaders. Didn't you see that you have to do tasks to let them battle you? It's exactly like gyms, just a little more creative.

Totems are like boss battles for pokemon, exactly like the legendaries! 5th moves are like megas. You use them once per battle. And guess what? If you don't like them, then don't use them.

Type changes that are "just plain wrong"? Clearly you haven't read what the site has to say about them. New players take a long time to learn the types, and Game Freak is helping them.

In conclusion, this #savepokemon thing is completely nonsensical as you clearly haven't even done any research before declaring the game is bad, and your post comes off as a childish rant of someone who can't handle the fact that some games are slightly changing things up.

So instead of #savepokemon, think #pokemonisfinallycreative, because creativity is something we need, and something it seems you don't have, if you aren't willing to even give the games a chance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    I welcome change to the standard formula; simple innovation goes a long way. Variety is also another aspect important to Pokemon. Being able to look at old Pokemon in new ways will be great for the game.

Change is nice, but too much can be alienating (COUGH COUGH infinite warfare). But yeah, OP is being irrational. All we have so far are speculations, and that's it. Once we actually play the game, we may get used to these changes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • For those of you who are excited about the changes made for Sun and Moon, let me ask you this: Were you also complaining about Federation Force for not being another Metroid Prime game and Color Splash for not being like TTYD? If so, then you're no better than this thread's OP.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have to ask -- what were you expecting here? You come in criticizing new elements of the game that were revealed -- changes people have been wanting for years, in some cases -- and you can't seem to handle that people feel differently. I mean, you're entitled to dislike the changes just as people are entitled to like them. You should have expected a range of opinions when you make such a topic.

Besides, the games aren't out yet. You haven't given things a fair chance. I remember back when I felt the same about changes. I didn't like things to go topsy turvy on me. But you should wait and give things a chance to sink in and actually play them before you dismiss it and fly off in a rage.

Reactions: EC

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Given that the games aren't even out yet, I don't think this kind of complaining is very fair. Like what others have said, wait until the games actually come out, then you can see for yourself whether or not Pokemon is actually being ruined.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    I'm just happy we get to Jojo pose.

I'm a little sore we still don't have a Mega Flygon (and probably never will, since I hear they're axing Mega Evolutions in Sun/Moon), but that's okay.

I was hoping they'd bring back that mechanic where the lead pokemon follows you around outside the pokeball from HG/SS.

Reactions: noa

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Change is nice, but too much can be alienating (COUGH COUGH infinite warfare). But yeah, OP is being irrational. All we have so far are speculations, and that's it. Once we actually play the game, we may get used to these changes.

It's interesting you bring up Infinite Warfare, because once the campaign stuff was revealed, people got more excited for it, including people who thought Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 were on the wrong track.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Guys, this thread is staying. I'm not going to delete a thread that does, at the core, promote a good discussion. You guys just have to GIVE that discussion. No more sarcastic snips at people, no matter what side of the fence you're on. You will be dealt with accordingly.

It's okay to have conflicting opinions on things -- it's how you express it that matters. Keep it civil, please.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Here's the thing, old pokemon different types. Basically Delta Pokemon, which has been wanted. Nothing new to pokemon. Even a ROm Hack was based off them.

Island Challenges, Basically Orange Islands. Something new.... nothing new to pokemon. People have wanted an Orange Islands game for a long time.

The exeggutor is exactly what it should have looked like to start with. It now looks more like a palm tree, which is what is was originally suppose to be. This made me like it a lot more now that it actually is based on what it is supposed to be.

And it is not ruining the meta game at all. Not one bit. It is making it more accessible for more players so elitists can't dominate 100% of the time. Which should never happen in a game.

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Criticisms and concerns arise with every generation but, being someone who's been around since all we had was Gen I, I think the changes and updates they've been giving the franchise over the last few generations are downright refreshing. They always add new things. Every time. If I want things to feel like the good ol' days I'll get out my Red and Blue cartridges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back