• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving Celebi [14+]

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    SAVING CELEBI
    playing thread

Sign-ups are closed.

Don't sign up here! Sign up in the discussion thread in the Roleplay Lounge!

Most people believe pokémon to be wild, without order or intelligence. They couldn't be further from the truth. Pokémon may not be building concrete houses, drive cars or play games on laptop computers. But that's because they are too intelligent to do so. They care about the important things in life instead. Like living healthy and with the ones you love.

- - -​

Somewhere
    in the jungle south of the human city of Fortree, a pokémon was racing. She was hunted, not for food but for pure joy. At least for her hunter. A human wanted to capture her. That had never happened before! Celebi didn't belong in Hoenn. Normally she lived in Johto, where humans respected her and her powers. But here, a human scientist had somehow managed to build a machine that sought out and disturbed the energy Celebi was using to travel through time and space. That dragged her from Johto to Hoenn. Unfortunately for him, the machine was destroyed in the process, but the scientist still got a lot of attention and praise as he proclaimed that Celebi was now up for grasp by any trainer who believed themselves worthy... and so the hunt began.

Celebi managed to escape this time. But what about next time? She needed help. Across Hoenn, small pokémon villages existed, unknown to humans. One was in this jungle so she sought it out and begged for the pokémon there to help her. After a while, they agreed on protecting her, either by kindness of by order from the oldest and wisest pokémon there, a Tropius called Torpanico. So Celebi got a new home in the pokémon village and humans were confounded by the sudden aggressiveness the pokémon from the jungle showed. This was because they were all trying to chase humans away from where Celebi was.

Weeks passed by but Celebi couldn't find happiness there. Being connected by her soul to Johto and Ilex forest, she couldn't live here in peace. She needed to get her powers back. And she thought she knew of a way. If some of the legendary pokémon of Hoenn lent her some of their power, she'd be able to power up, find the scientist and punish him and then travel back to her beloved Johto home. As it was now, she couldn't really do anything at all. And there were some problems with the quest... she couldn't leave the jungle. Some other pokémon had to undergo the quest in her place. And the legendaries might need convincing...

- - -​

You are one of the pokémon that decide to help Celebi. Your mission is to seek out the legendaries and get them to infuse you with their power, then go back to the jungle and give it to Celebi. But be careful on the way. There are many pokémon who don't care about helping the pokémon from Johto and maybe won't let you pass through their territories. And there are humans everywhere who might try to capture you. The roleplay ends when Celebi has gotten enough power, which depends on the activity of the roleplay.

You have to be one of the following species:

Oddish - Gloom - Seedot - Nuzleaf - Lotad - Lombre - Absol - Zigzagoon - Linoone - Kecleon - Tropius - Electrike - Manectric - Poochyena - Mightyena - Whismur - Loudred - Spinda - Zangoose - Seviper - Marill - Azumarill - Roselia - Pikachu - Raichu

The legendary pokémon you should try to visit are (with locations):

Registeel (the jungle where you begin, inside a dark, winding cave in a gloomy hill)

Regirock (inside a similar cave in a large cliff in the middle of the Desert)

Regiice (in a similar cave on an island in the sea to the west of Dewford)

Rayquaza (on top of the ancient Sky Pillar, a human temple in ruins on an island to the east of Pacifidlog)

Groudon (inside caverns in Mount Chimney)

Kyogre (deep inside caverns underwater in the big sea to the west of Evergrande)

Latios (everywhere)

Latias (everywhere... these two might even be following your movements)

- - -​

Rules?

- If you want to play, submit a sign-up and wait for me to accept it. Then you can start playing as soon as the main thread is up. No such thing as "reserving spots" is necessary.

- Everyone will begin at the village (which is mostly a gathering of pokémon nests in the jungle, nothing fancy like in PMD) where they can talk to Celebi in her treetop nest if they like (you can bunny her), and go out into Hoenn seeking the legendaries by themselves or team up with other players to do so.

- Pick one of the pokémon species you want to play as. More than one person can choose the same species.

- You may create two characters if you want to.

- You must describe how you travel each area. You can't "time skip" and say that you're at Mount Chimney all of a sudden or something like that.

- This game is rated 14+ because battling and some violence and light romance is alright. Drama is very alright.

- You can have any attacks you like. No flamethrower on a water pokémon, perhaps, but you get what I mean. Keep it "real".

- I am the game master (GM) and my word will be law. But I'm open to suggestions on events :)

- - -​

How to sign up:

Pokémon Species -
    Nickname -
    Gender -
    Any special appearance -
    Biography - (make it at least a fat paragraph about how and where you grew up and make us understand your personality)
    Biggest strength -
    Biggest weakness -

- - -

PLAYERS
    //ANDthen
    NightOfRemorse
    Nideous
    fortworth96
    Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
    Blayze~
    Mick Fizz

- - -​

STARTED!

The morning was cloudy. Riz sniffed in the air and felt the moisture of it make the tips of his ears curl. But there was no point in delaying it. He had something to do.

He went out from the little cottage that he called his home, on the outskirts of the area where so many pokémon had gathered for generations to live together and seek comfort in each others' presence. He wasn't sure why he had come here. He would probably do well on his own in this jungle. But even though he felt just as tough as he looked, there was something that made him want to stay here. Some voice that told him that company wasn't bad after all, rather it was something you needed. Plus, who would teach the youngsters how to be a real pokémon if he wasn't around?

That would be the case now, though. He wouldn't be around, since he was helping Celebi. He sighed, almost so quiet that nobody could hear, and ventured deeper into the so called pokémon village. Celebi had made her home in the top of one of the largest trees here, the same tree that the elder Torpanico lived in. Riz climbed it and went past people who wanted to see Celebi greet them in the morning. She was quite the famous gal here still, even though she had been here for weeks now. Riz didn't think he had time to wait. He went straight up to her cozy hole in the tree and knocked the door.

"Who is it?" the tiny grass pokémon's frail voice came from inside.

"It's Riz the Raichu," he said. "I wanted you to know that I'm leaving today. Soon, actually. I will do my best to kill... I mean keep humans out of the way and find all the legendaries you need."

Celebi opened the door and blinked. He could clearly see the gratefulness spilling over in her big eyes as she looked up at him. Oh please, he thought. Spare me.

"Thank you," Celebi said. "I don't know what I would do if you all didn't... hadn't..."

"Don't bother. We're all pokémon. Gotta show those humans who are the real bosses of the world. Just promise me one thing in return."

"What? Anything!" Celebi said, leaning in closer.

Riz' eyes narrowed as he whispered. "Kill the bastard human that did this to you."

Celebi opened her mouth, a little overwhelmed. "Well... I..."

"Ah, or better. Lead me to him and I'll do it for you. Well then, I'll be off. I'll just see if there are any more pokémon coming along. Company is..." Riz paused for a split moment, "company is never wrong."

And with that, he started to descend, walking around the tree on the branches that had curled themselves like a pathway around the thick stem. Pokémon that had heard the conversation moved out of the way. Some wished him good luck. His eyes scouted for anyone else who looked like they were ready to set off.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    Cobalt woke up late. He stretched and walked out of his house. It had only recently been finished, but that was fine. He would be leaving it soon anyway. He walked to the tree that Celebi now called home. He tapped lightly on it with his paw.

"Um... I don't know if you remember me, but yesterday I said I would go find the other legendary pokemon for you... My name is Cobalt, and I just wanted you to know I'm leaving," Cobalt said.

"Oh! I do remember you! Thank you," Celebi began to say.

"Don't worry about it! It was the only thing to do! I promise I'll take care of everything! I just hope someone else is ready to go too" Cobalt said.

"You are all so kind. There is another that is leaving. Riz the Raichu. You might want to go find him. He probably hasn't gone too far," Celebi said.

"Of course! Traveling is always more fun when you're not alone!" Cobalt said. He turned around and began walking down the branch staircase. He looked at all the pokemon that had come up to see the commotion. Most of them had looks of admiration, and were wishing him good luck. He grinned appreciatively. He kept a look out for this 'Riz' Celebi had told him about.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Daiyu's eyes flickered open as a weak, chilly breeze of wind blew into the small hollow tree that she called home. She squinted and looked out the hole and saw that it was noticeably cloudy this morning. Today was the day she and some other Pokémon were supposed to seek a legendary Pokémon, who was going to help out the Celebi staying in the village. Celebi had been attacked by hunters, and nobody wanted to just stand there with their arms crossed. At least, Daiyu didn't. She climbed out of her tree and leapt off the branch, catching onto the branch of the tree next to hers. She quickly ran up the tree until she made it to a wooden door. She knocked on it and waited.

"Who is it?" asked Celebi in a quiet voice.
    "It's me, Daiyu."
    "Oh, come in, Die!"
    "...The door is locked, ma'am."
    "Oh! Oh right," Celebi said, voice shaking. The poor little forest Pokémon was paranoid. She carefully unlocked and opened the door, letting Daiyu walk inside. "I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving," Daiyu said, observing Celebi's small bed of hay. Celebi didn't answer, and Daiyu looked at her slightly irritated. "Who else is going? Celebi?" she asked, tilting her head. "Um, Riz the Raichu, and Cobalt the Mightyena," Celebi replied, shivering. "Alright then, I best be on my way. But Celebi, you look so cold!" Daiyu exclaimed. "I-I'll be fine, really," Celebi said with a nod. And with that, Daiyu exited the small home and ran down the tree. The other Pokémon watched her and wished her luck. When she made it to the ground, she looked around and spotted a Raichu. "Riz the Raichu?" Daiyu questioned sternly. She looked over the Raichu and noticed his "brown" markings weren't, in fact, brown. They were black. Daiyu walked closer to him and could tell from his face that he was certainly no pushover. It was a good thing he was going scouting for the legendary Pokémon - if this was the correct Raichu.

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    "Riz the Raichu?" a voice came from behind. Riz had stopped at the bottom of the great tree and now he slowly turned around to face the speaker.

It was a small Pikachu, probably a girl. Maybe it was one of the pups Riz sometimes played with in the village? Though he didn't recognize her. But then again, most Pikachus looked pretty similar.

"Yes, that's me," he said nonchalantly, "what is it?"

He noticed an unusual looking Mightyena who had come down from the tree a little earlier as well. Its eyes were blue and seemed to look for something. Maybe he was going on the quest too?

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt heard a pikachu talkind to a raichu. They confirmed that the raichu was Riz. He walked over.
    "Hi! I'm Cobalt! Celebi said you were going on this quest too. Do you think maybe we could travel together?" Cobalt asked. He had a large smile on his face as he said it. He turned to the pikachu.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't think we've met before. What's your name?" Cobalt said.

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Riz didn't wait for the Pikachu to answer him when the Mightyena suddenly stepped up to talk to them.

"Hi! I'm Cobalt! Celebi said you were going on this quest too. Do you think maybe we could travel together?"

"Cobalt. Nice to meet you, I guess," Riz grunted. Company already... "That would probably be a good idea, to travel together. I was thinking that we'd better check out the legend that Celebi said was dwelling here in our jungle first. Regi something... regi..."

Riz had remembered the locations of the legends clearly, as Celebi had solemnly told them about it. But the names of the legendaries were so easy to confuse. As Cobalt turned to talk to the Pikachu as well, it suddenly struck Riz that the little yellow mouse might also be going on Celebi's quest.

"Hm, you coming along as well?" he asked her with a grunt. Not in a condemning way, only not hiding that he was slightly surprised.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Just as Daiyu was about to explain to Riz about how she'd be tagging along, a Mightyena with blue eyes suddenly interrupted. Daiyu frowned and her cheeks crackled with electricity, though she didn't shock him. Since she didn't know him, she decided to give a mere warning, if anything. The Mightyena introduced himself as Cobalt. Cobalt was apparently going to be traveling with the two mice Pokémon, also. Then, he asked for Daiyu's name.

"Well, I hope you know it's rude to interrupt. My name is Daiyu," she said somewhat resentfully. "Hm, you coming along as well?" Riz asked with a grunt. Daiyu tilted her head back to be able to look at him in the face. "Yes, problem?" she replied. The Raichu was probably expecting a bunch of large, evolved Pokémon to be joining him, not the small little Pikachu before him.

Nideous

Years
    "Oh, I'm sorry. My manners aren't exactly good!" Cobalt said happily. He didn't pick up that the other two seemed to resent him and each other.

"Oh! And the pokemon you're thinking of is Registeel! He's a steel type! If we have to fight him, leave it to me! My Fire Fang will have him begging for mercy in no time! But I hope we don't have to fight him," Cobalt said. He ran around happily, then began chasing his tail. This was going to be a good trip! He wondered who else would be coming along!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    As the sun rose so did Nova. She jumped out of her bed of leaves and stretched before shaking some stray leaves out of her dark blue fur. After a quick breakfast of oran berries, the Absol was ready to start the day. She padded out of her den beneath a large oak tree and sat down at the entrance. The dark-type watched as first a Raichu went to see Celebi, followed closely by a Mightyena and a Pikachu. With a quiet sigh she got up and walked toward the tall tree where Celebi had made her home. A few of the pokemon seemed surprised to see the dark colored Absol here to help the time traveler, though many of them probably thought she just wanted the pokemon from Johto gone. That was fine by her.

Climbing swiftly up the tree by leaping from branch to branch, Nova knocked on the door to Celebi's home. "Just a moment!" she heard from inside. A few moments later and Celebi opened the door with a smile. "Why hello the-," the psychic type stopped short upon seeing Nova's coloring before regaining her composure. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm just here to tell you I'm off," Nova replied.

"Oh, ok. Thank you... um... what's your name?" But Nova was already halfway down the tree. "She's strange..." Celebi murmured to herself before closing the door.

Once on the ground, Nova didn't get good luck wishes or anything else from the pokemon around her. Instead they watched her with almost warily. 'I guess they haven't forgotten what I did to that Oddish..,' she thought a bit sadly. She around for the other three pokemon she had seen visit Celebi and, spotting them in a group, she went over to them. "I suppose you three are also planning to help Celebi?" Nova questioned as she stopped next to them, though she thought she probably already knew the answer.

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    "Oh! And the pokemon you're thinking of is Registeel! He's a steel type! If we have to fight him, leave it to me! My Fire Fang will have him begging for mercy in no time! But I hope we don't have to fight him," Cobalt said and started chasing his tail like a puppy. Riz raised his eyebrows. Strange fellow. As long as he didn't become too annoying, he could probably be useful though.

Daiyu tilted her head back to be able to look at him in the face. "Yes, problem?" she replied to Riz' question about if she was coming along.

Riz sighed. "No. No problem. I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into, little one." This time, he meant it in a condescending way. A tiny Pikachu... well, maybe she had good shocking powers that could help drive humans away. "How are your thundershocks?" he asked her. "Strong? Well aimed?"

Just then, a fourth pokémon joined the group. A very oddly colored Absol. She didn't seem nervous at all as she approached them and talked to them.

"I suppose you three are also planning to help Celebi?"

Riz looked to the sides and decided to answer what they would all say anyways. No need to be impolite, even though he was getting a bit impatient from standing around here. "My name is Riz, and these are Daiyu and Cobalt. If you're coming along you should know that we're going to find Regi... Registeel's cave first," Riz said and glanced sideways at Cobalt as to get a nod or something to show that he had said the right legend's name.

"What is your name, Absol? And... how come you are even more strangely colored than most of us around here? I've seen you around, come to think of it. You're... the one that beat up the Oddish, aren't you? Eh, don't worry though, I'm not bothering judging you. Just proves you can handle yourself if you have to. Welcome to tag along."

He spoke nonchalantly. Like he often did. But he meant it. No need to dwell on the past if a person could be a real asset right now.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt turned to the newcomer.
    "Hey! You look really cool! It's awesome that there's another Dark type! Welcome to our motly crew!" Cobalt said eagerly. He wondered when they would be leaving. He was very eager to see new places. He spotted Riz looking at him as if for guidance. Cobalt had no idea what he wanted, but he nodded happily at the raichu. An Absol, huh? Well, that was alright with him! He had heard about the incident with the oddish, but thought nothing of it. It didn't click that this was the same Absol, and even if it had, it would not matter. He was just happy for the company.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    "My name is Riz, and these are Daiyu and Cobalt. If you're coming along you should know that we're going to find Regi... Registeel's cave first," the Raichu said. "What is your name, Absol? And... how come you are even more strangely colored than most of us around here? I've seen you around, come to think of it. You're... the one that beat up the Oddish, aren't you? Eh, don't worry though, I'm not bothering judging you. Just proves you can handle yourself if you have to. Welcome to tag along."

"Hey! You look really cool! It's awesome that there's another Dark type! Welcome to our motly crew!" Cobalt said eagerly. Nova was a bit taken aback. She'd never been greeted like this before.

"My name's Nova. It's... nice to meet you all," she said, having to somewhat force the last part out. The only other pokemon she had ever been truly happy to see was Filly, the Zangoose who had cared for her so the phrase was a bit strange to her. 'Maybe traveling with them for a time won't be so bad,' she thought.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Cobalt happily apologized. He explained that the Pokémon the group would be looking for was Registeel, a steel type. Then he began running around and chasing his tail. Daiyu stared at him, unimpressed. She hoped he wouldn't act like this the whole way.

Riz sighed. "No. No problem. I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into, little one." Daiyu continued staring up at him, annoyed that he acknowledged her size. But then again, she was small, so it'd be dumb to complain.

"How are your thundershocks?" he asked her. "Strong? Well aimed?" Daiyu nodded firmly in response. "I happen to be very strong for my size," she replied simply.

"I suppose you three are also planning to help Celebi?" a voice said. Daiyu turned to look and saw an Absol with an inverted coat color. She looked quite gloomy, and it was probably for the reason Riz gave. This Absol had attacked an Oddish and was treated rather harshly. Daiyu's ear twitched when it was mentioned. The Oddish attack was news to her, as she hadn't heard about it. Maybe it happened before she arrived in the village? The newcomer stepped next to them, very close to Daiyu. She grunted and stepped away a bit, not enjoying Pokémon being too close to her. Riz asked for the Absol's name, and Cobalt happily greeted her.

"My name's Nova. It's… nice to meet you all," Nova said. Daiyu noticed how the Absol seemed hesitant to say the last part. She couldn't blame her, though, she didn't like strangers either.

"Sooo, we waiting for anyone else, or are we off?" Daiyu asked. She sat down and crossed her arms, looking around but not particularly noticing more Pokémon coming their way. Was it really just us four? We're obviously the bravest Pokémon for taking this responsibility of saving Celebi.

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Riz looked at the group. Two electric mouses and two dark type dogs. Well, it could have been worse, he guessed. At least there were no silly plants or stupid rock types on the team.

"Sooo, we waiting for anyone else, or are we off?" Daiyu asked and crossed her arms looking around. She seemed surprised at the thought that only 4 pokémon wanted to help Celebi. Riz wasn't that surprised. Pokémon weren't generally as unselfish as they wanted people to believe. But maybe more would come after them later.

"Yes, I suggest we leave," he said and turned south, starting to walk out of the village. Pokémon looked after them and some waved goodbye and goodluck, but some were still puzzled that they would let Nova go with them. What if she turned on them in the middle of everything? And what if Daiyu would start a fight and cause problems? And were the childish Cobalt really a good person to bring on such an important quest? And Riz... Riz didn't even want to guess what they were thinking about the grumpy, quiet Raichu.

He was soon on the outskirts of the village, hoping that the others had followed him. There he sat down and looked at the jungle in front of him. It was really... a jungle. Many more or less wild pokémon awaited them in there, far from the protection of the village and Torpanico's strength.

"Now, I think the place Celebi described lies to the direct south of here," he said.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    "Sooo, we waiting for anyone else, or are we off?" Daiyu asked and crossed her arms. Nova looked at the other three pokemon. Four was a big enough group to her, as she didn't do well in crowds. Even just interacting with other pokemon was a huge step for the Absol and traveling with them would seem even stranger. 'Still, unless I want to live as an outcast for the rest of my life, I'd better get used to it,' she thought. If there were others who were planning to help though, they would probably be able to work faster if they were in two or more seperate groups.

"Yes, I suggest we leave," Riz said and the Raichu lead the way to the southern edge of the village. Nova followed a few steps behind, ignoring the good luck wishes from the village pokemon. She knew they weren't meant for her, the village freak, but for her companions.

"Nova!" The dark-furred Absol looked toward the voice to see a Zangoose waving to her. She smiled, a genuinely happy smile and walked over to the red and white pokemon. The Zangoose hugged her tight than drew back to look at her. "You take care now, Nova."

"Don't worry, Filly. I'll be fine," Nova replied and nuzzled against her adopted mother before rejoining her companions. Riz was sitting at the edge of the jungle and Nova got the feeling he wasn't to comfortable about leaving the safety of the village. On the other hand, Nova didn't have a problem leaving. She had gone into the trees before in search of other wilder pokemon to test her battle skills on, not to mention she had been born there.

"Now, I think the place Celebi described lies to the direct south of here," Riz said. Nova sat down nearby and waited for them to depart.

Nideous

Years
    "To the south? Let's go!" Cobalt said after Nova returned to the group. He put his nose in the air and began sniffing around for danger as he always did when he went out of the village. He began walking to the south, picking out the safest path he could smell. He didn't want them to get into trouble. Not this early in the trip.

"Are you guys coming?" Cobalt said, turning back to the others. He wanted to go meet Registeel! That should be interesting, or so he thought. He got the feeling that some of the others didn't really want to leave. If they wanted to stay, why didn't they? Oh, well. He turned back to the path and continued smelling the area around him. He couldn't smell any danger, but then again, his nose could be tricked. There could be things that wanted to harm him that he couldn't smell.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    A chill breezed danced itself though the air, utilizing it's freezing qualities to make a makeshift alarm clock to all who slept soundly in the village just moments before it tickled their noses with a sensuous cold feeling. Every creature in the village arose immediately to its subtle message, and started to fill their tiny town with the noises of chitter chatter, obviously talking about the one thing on their mind and the minds of those around them: Celebi.

Today was the day that everyone who trotted, slivered, stomped, swam, or otherwise moved was excited to their very brim about what some were going to do starting today. Looking for legendaries, the historical myths that are only one-hundred percent true in stories told around campfires at night. A few Pocket Monsters were skeptical about if these so called "legendaries" actually existed. They still would be today if not for the goddess of time and the forests of Johto arriving weeks before. Everyone who was the least bit fascinated was on her seemingly endless staircase of leaves to her cottage perched on the tallest tree in the village.

The most interesting part? She was in danger. One of those horrible and loathsome beings the creatures call "humans" did something awful to her, transporting her away from her home and leaving her helpless to the elements. If the village wasn't here, she would've been finally captured and abused by the human. Or worse, she could've been dead. She needed the help of other legendaries to help her get back home. And being so weak in the state she's in now, she calls upon the village to send warriors to help her.

A very brave few actually took up the challenge. This journey for Celebi's safety was a perilous one. And they were doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Truly a beautiful display of Pocket Monster brotherhood.

Ambrose growled a bit in distain for the cute little wintry sensation he felt on his face as the breeze finally managed to reach his open-roofed home. He sat up from where he was sleeping. Ambrose groggily looked around to see if the welcoming breeze was the sole inspiration to get up yet. He stared for a moment at the very much alive village a few yards away, obviously being excited and anxious about something. Ambrose tried to remember just what exactly was so damn exciting about today. Oh wait. Right. Celebi's "warriors."

Ambrose fully picked himself up, shaking his head as if to dismiss the inkling of tiredness still in his system. He stretched out a little, straightening out his posture and raising his head high. He slowly paced himself over to the slightly broken mirror he had installed into his "house" after finding it lying around the woods one day, probably left by some humans camping. After inspecting his appearance, glimpsing at his two-dotted eyebrow-of-sorts, he gazed up at the sky to see how that weather forecast looked for today. It was cloudy, so rain wouldn't be farfetched for one to guess. After being satisfied with his answer, he started to look what he dared called "home." It was an old tree stump that had been hallow besides the sides the "walls" were made of. The ground was mostly dirt, growing the most depressing excuses for vegetation Ambrose has ever seen in his entire life. But they weren't as pitiable as his bed, however, being only a small bundle of leaves made to look like…. well, a pile at best. The only admirable feature of this mess was all the several human trinkets that were scattered around that Ambrose found by going on walks.

Ambrose went out of his despicable abode to get himself some breakfast from the village plants, which were always ripe with delicious berries and other assorted fruits. Just what was their secret for growing this quality produce, anyway? Brushing off that last thought, he made it into the square and started eying some of his choices, smelling them before he took a taste. They were sadly lacking in flavor today. Must be getting old.

He snatched the biggest Rawst Berry from a bush and inhaled its scent. Its aroma was absolutely divine, and it was just begging to be savored. So Ambrose took it upon himself to answer its pleads for consumption and took a bite. It was just as delicious at it smelled. Ambrose finished it off, licking his fingers of any juice it left behind. At least something about my morning isn't dull.

He began casually snacking on the sour berries, finally looking up to take interest in the village. The staircase to Celebi had a line of Pocket Monsters waiting to visit her. They all seemed anxious, for some reason. Right, right, the "warriors." Ambrose sighed a little as he continued to eat his berries. All this Celebi nonsense was starting to become annoying despite it being rather comical in the beginning.

"Hey, Ambrose!" A shrill voice said as it pierced the air and sent shivers of angst down Ambrose's spine. Turning around to the source of the noise, Ambrose spotted a tiny Sewaddle he knew as Mackenty scampering towards him. "How've you been buddy?" the bug questioned with a sense of joy in his voice.

"Been better." Ambrose replied, subtly adding scorn to his words.

"Aw, what's the matter?" Mackenty said with sudden concern, sounding forced and artificial to Ambrose's ears.

"You're here." Ambrose said with charm in his tone, obviously trying to address that he wanted the pest to leave.

"Ha! Such a kidder." the Sewaddle said happily taking to comment as a joke, to Ambrose's misfortune. "Say, what do you make of Celebi stuff going on recently?"

"Absolutely moronic," Ambrose said, "Think about it, all the woman is doing is making creatures risk their lives for her while she sits on her happy ass in a tree all day being 'weak' and 'fragile.' Why is that such a spectacle?"

"Well hearing about their journeys and heroism later on when they get back will definitely be enter-"

"I meant watching the sitting-on-her-happy-ass part."

"Oh." Mackenty realized. "Well I dunno, then."

"As per usual."

"Hehe. You never stop at making me laugh, Ambrose." The insect blissfully said, ignoring any hints of dislike hidden in Ambrose's words. "Well, now that I think about it, maybe they get a prize or gift or something from her after they come back."

"I doubt it, Mackenty. She seems like one of those needy types that don't intend to repay anyone."

"But she is the controller of time and her, um, forest and whatnot. And besides, she seems too nice to not eventually give you something."

Ambrose pondered the words of his less witted company. He's got a point, she is a legendary being. Maybe if he persuaded her enough, he could get something great if chooses to participate in this game of hers.

"Maybe you should go hunting for those legendaries, Ambrose! You're pretty strong." said the tiny worm. "Even though she might not give you a gift or whatever, it's still really nice to help out someone in need!"

Ambrose glared at his ditsy sidekick. "Everything and everyone has a price." He murmured, before randomly getting up and marching over to the beginning of the leafy staircase to Celebi. There was the faint sound of Mackenty asking for clarification in the distance as Ambrose walked away from him.

Ambrose saw a group of people huddled up with each other, probably going to go on a "journey" for Celebi. Listening in a bit, they were going to start with finding Registeel. Best to go hunt after a different legendary, then. Keep that in mind.

Ambrose pushed through the line with surprising ease, as if all of the creatures were standing there for decoration like a bunch of dumbfounded manikins. Ambrose, finally making it to the top, knocked on the door. It opened a little bit, and a whimpering little voice croaked from behind.

"Hello? Who is it now?" the voice managed.

"Ambrose Flannigan. May I come in?" he said in a commanding tone, but adding in that last part to show that he is anything but barbaric in approach.

"Am- Ambroz who? Which one is that, the Minun or the Blitzle?" the voice said.

"No, Ambrose Flannigan. I'm the black and white Spinda who lives a little bit away from the main part of town. I was wondering if I could come in and converse with you for a bit about a mutually beneficial agreement on that 'quest' you proposed. You know, the one about the legendaries?" Ambrose was trying not the roll his eyes. Obviously this woman was dull or not at least willing to drop her "helpless" act.

"Mutually beneficial? What?"

"Just let me in miss, and I'm sure everything will explain itself." Ambrose was certainly not going to spend all morning trying to explain things to this loon through a slightly open door in this chilly air. The door closed for a moment, and re-opened after a song of locks being deactivated played faintly through the air.

"Yes, yes, come in." The Celebi said, now in full view. She didn't even glance at Ambrose's eyes and focused mainly on the floor instead. Ambrose took the invitation and sat down on what appeared to be a feather-filled cushion whilst the Celebi shut the door once again, stopping herself from the habit of re-locking everything.

"Let's at least hope she's negotiable," Ambrose thought.

"C- Can I offer you anything?" The frail woman asked, obviously purely out of common courtesy rather than based on her fondness of the strange fellow.

"No, ma'am," Ambrose said as he waved his hand back and forth in refusal. "But, let's get down to business. You see, I'm interested in helping you get back the Ilex Forest, but I'm going to need some material compensation or service provided for me in return from my efforts."

Celebi gawked at the man as if he just spoke Martian and poured molten chocolate all of himself. "What do y-you mean material compensation?"

"Well to put what just said plainly enough for even you to understand," Ambrose began, obviously putting acid in his words. "I'm going to need something from you in return for risking my life. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. I know that this must be a bit baffling to you since people are helping you out of 'the kindness of their heart.' But I'm going to need some motivation."

Celebi's eyes seemed to shake back and forth as she gazed at the floor in thought. Ambrose felt impatience creeping up on him. Was it really that hard to understand?

"Well, um…." Celebi said, finally managing to shake out the words in her throat. "I don't have much to offer."

"Well part of my terms is that it could be material compensation or a service."

"A service?"

"Well yes, with you being a mystical being with untold power," Ambrose paused, remembering the condition that Celebi sported. "usually," he continued, "There must be something that you can do or inform me with as a motivation to take up your journey."

"I can- I can take you to any point in time that you like." Celebi suggested.

"….Nah, try once more."

"Um…. Well I know a lot about humans."

"Tempting but not enough, sweetheart. Guess again."

"Well what do you want?" The Celebi said in a fed up manner. It obviously has subtext to it that Ambrose easily picked up on, asking Ambrose the same question as to why he was here and making her go through this awkward conversation.

Ambrose pondered this, curious himself. In fact, what did he want? He wanted to live amongst humans as an equal, but could Celebi possibly provide that? Probably not even if she wasn't so socially inept. He also wanted to leave this place for a better one filled with intelligent creatures such as himself, but did such a place exist?

"Just a question, can you make it so that I'm an equal among humans?" Ambrose thought this was a silly question, but he might as well get the "no." instead of feeling that small tingle of "what if?" on the back of his mind as he traveled.

"Sure." Celebi replied nonchalantly.

What. She can do that? Ambrose felt genuine shock run through his body. His dream could be reality? "How?" he said to see if she wasn't joking.

"Tampering with time can do a lot of things."

"Well, if you can make it so, I'll be delighted to come to your aid and seek out these mythical creatures."

"Oh. Well, um, thanks, I suppose." Celebi said coyly and with insincerity.

"Any suggestions for what legendaries I should look for first besides Registeel?"

"Well besides the other two Regi's, you can try to find Groudon or Kyogre."

"Let's go with Kyogre. Where would I find him?"

"I think he he's probably deep underwater in the sea somewhere, possibly in a cavern."

Underwater? Well, water didn't seem too dangerous to Ambrose if he managed to persuade a water-type creature to take him under for something of value.

"I'll go for him, then." Ambrose said, getting up from the cushion. "It's been a pleasure. Until we meet again."

"Yeah, until we meet again." Celebi said, thanking all that is good that the man was leaving.

Ambrose pushed through the door to see the line of individuals still there. What exactly are they waiting for, anyway? Ambrose trotted down the leafy steps until he finally reached the thankfully inevitable end of the staircase. Yawning, he took his first steps away from the town to near the city of "Fortree." He could manage figuring out where to go from there.

"Hey!" said a little voice that caught Ambrose's attention. It was Mackenty again. "So you decided to head off for the legendaries, huh? Good for you!"

"Yes, yes all brave and what else. Shouldn't you be staring stupidly at Celebi's home right now?"

"I uh- I was just going to wish you luck, Ambrose. That last crack makes it sound like you don't like me." Mackenty said, finally the fact that Ambrose was insulting him penetrating through his thick skull.

"Well guess what, Mackenty?" Ambrose playfully proposed.

"What?"

"I don't like you."

And with that, Ambrose was off once more, leaving a teary-eyed Sewaddle in his wake.

Last edited:

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Cobalt started sniffing the ground and move forward. Riz took a deep breath. Here we go again. And he followed the dog through the rough terrain.

"Let me know if you pick up some... uh, any scent of a pokémon really," Riz asked Cobalt. "Especially if you pick up the scent of a human." His sense of smell was good as well so he kept sniffing now and then too.

Sunlight was only barely coming down to the ground here, and somewhere up above he could see movements of some pokémon or... something. This forest sure didn't lack life. He wondered how far they would have to go until they found the dark hill where Registeel was said to slumber. Maybe he'd better converse a little with the others on the way, or this would get really boring. He looked back towards Daiyu. She was of his kin, a Pikachu. He used to be a Pikachu, but that was a while ago. He wondered if he would be any different if he hadn't chosen to evolve back then.

"So..." he began as he kept following the Mightyena through the murky vegetation. "Daiyu. Have you been living in the village for long?" He really wanted to ask her how old she was [OOC: let's treat pokémon age like human age, so a teenager is a teenager and so on.] but that felt awkward in a way. He had already treated her like a kid several times.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst yawned waking up after a good nights sleep. Looking up at the blue sky from her roofless nest in the trees the Roselia smiled happily. Today seems like it's gonna be a good day she thought stepping out of her nest and climbing down the tree. Looking around her she took in the sights of the small Pokemon Village in the jungle. Pokemon where moving around and she spotted a small group leaving the village and a black and white Spinda getting ready to leave as well. They must be going to help Celebi she concluded turning her head to the leafy stairs leading up to Celebi's nest. Smiling the young Roselia carefully made her way up the steps and knocked on Celebi's door.

"Yes?" The legendary's gentle voice spoke through the door.

"It's Amethyst. The Roselia. I just came here to tell you I'm heading off to find one of the legendary's" Amethyst said looking at the door.

As she said this the door opened and Celebi stepped out "I'm glad so many Pokemon are willing to help me. There is already a group of Pokemon going to look for Registeel and another Pokemon going to look for Kyogre. I'm sure neither group has gone far"

"Actually Celebi I was interested in looking for Rayquaza. Sky Pillar is near where my clan lives and I know the area."

"That's a ways away are you sure you can handle it Amethyst?" Celebi asked eyeing the small oddly colored Roselia.

"I'm sure I can Celebi. I'm always for helping others" She said smiling at the legendary. "I always put others first it's just how I am."

"Thank you Amethyst" Celebi said eyes full of gratitude. "Is there anything I can do for you in return?"

"No, helping others is all the reward I need" Amethyst said bowing gracefully to the legendary "I'll be off now I'll come see you when I return"

"Of course, Have a safe journey Amethyst" Celebi smiled before turning around and re-entering her nest shutting and locking the door.

Amethyst smiled going carefully down the leafy steps and headed for one of the exits to the village "Now Sky Pillar is near Pacifidlog Town which is Southeast of here. The Pillar resides on an island to the east of there. I'm sure I can get a water Pokemon to help me once I reach Lillycove." She muttered to herself as she walked out of the village.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose walked steadily and quite fast compared to his regular walking speed. He figured that it was just because he's has to walk all the way to the shore of the Hoenn sea and then really start looking. Hopefully though, one of the water-types knows of Kyogre's location.

On his way to the human's "Fortree" city, he spotted a group of clumsy explorers sniffing the ground near them. He started to analyze the appearances of each. There was a rather zealous Mightyena with a red fabric laced around his neck, sniffing the ground like he was obsessed to get dirt lodged in his nasal cavity.

Then there was the Raichu with black markings, as apposed to the regular brown ones of Raichu. He seemed a bit disinterested in his company, obviously feeling that he could've done better. Ambrose took sympathy, knowing how not even just three, but an entire clan of nitwits around him felt like.

Next there was small Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail and large ears. From the distance Ambrose was at, he could barely make out a slight differing of color in their cheeks, too. It was probably female, Ambrose ventured to guess.

And last there was a reserved-colored Absol with them, looking as if they were female as well. Ambrose remembered hearing something about an Oddish being attacked by an Absol like that, but then again, Ambrose wasn't one for rumors. The truth was what really mattered in situations, but regardless of this Oddish story was true, he didn't really care unless she was traveling with him. Like that would ever happen, though.

Ambrose was just turning his head back to his path when he heard an echoing howl protruding from where he was just looking. Dropping his guard to take a gander at the group next to him had let him forget that they were probably sniffing for danger.

Well, Ambrose continued on anyway, perhaps a bit more slowly now. He couldn't possibly be the danger the Mightyena smelled, right? There wasn't anything particularly threatening about him at first glance.

And as fast as that thought rushed in, so did the dog creature. It stood in front of Ambrose now, staring into his eyes. Ambrose looked at him as if he were insane. This didn't make sense. He was too "cute" in appearance to initially be thought as of a hazard. But did his smell tell a different story somehow? This has never happened before.

"Can I help you?" finally said the pestered Spinda.

Back