• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SC Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xano

Medallion master
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
Yes, I did read exterminators, it is a good comic, but what I was speaking about was when that 'Rhydon and cascoon' thing is considered top tier(by someone, don't remember who), something that can be considered top tier only in it's field, not in pokemon sprite comics as a whole. The problem is that there aren't many sprite comics here, let alone decent ones. I wasn't trying to show off my comic, I was just trying to show an example of how good comics should be made.(that's kinda like my first comic) i was not trying to insult anyone, I just wanted people to make and stick with a decent comic, rather than make tons a easy to do random comics. I agree that they are funny, but too many of them isn't good.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I'd like to ask...what kind of comics are appreciated here in PC? Because all I see are random comics which give no meaning and have no plot whatsoever. Are those kind of comics really liked in PC? How come there are no big, serious comics here? How come something like the 'Rhydon and Cascoon' comic so top tier? Because I saw something like that in pe2k(another forum), and it was much funnier and, well, random. But either way, a how come there is no comic with good grammar, a good storyline, and what else makes a great comic? I simply don't understand. something with good sprites and background and such, like in this in progress comic I'm doing:

Chapter1page3-1.png

So I'm asking, why aren't PC members not interested in such good and decent comics?

Both your text and speech bubbles are horrific, as is your know-it-all attitude. Like Nova said, don't just come here and assume you know our community. And only an absolute idiot would think Rhydon And Cascoon is actually what we class as top tier. I made the comic to highlight what not to do and to send low IQers into a rant.

Happy to see the latter goal in action!

Xano

Medallion master
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
I am not good at sprite comics, and that is page 3 of my first comic, you'd be surprised how bad the other two are.

I am sorry for what I have said, everything was a big misunderstanding, and I did not mean to offend anyone, I was trying to show how sprite comics are supposed to look like, which I misunderstood from those who make those random comics.

I am not trying to offend, insult, or otherwise harm anyone, it was all a misunderstanding. Hope you can forgive me. By the way, what do you mean by "Happy to see the latter goal in action!"?(just asking out of curiosity)

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
It was a jab at your IQ. Because sure enough, you went into a rant about "random" comics, going so far as to mention Rhydon and Cascoon. The person who called it "top tier" is Davis, who actually made really good comics and is a personal friend, he was joking around, like every comment in that thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I probably should unstick that thread, the joke has gotten old, haha.

Also, what I hate most about making sprite comics - the backgrounds :(

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I havent even updated the crapfest in forever LOL

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
So this is stickied? Cool!
Anyway, here is a comic I did as a request, I am really only posting it here so I can post it where it was requested...
But I want to know what others think.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that this is my first sprite comic...

Last edited:

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Hey, does anyone know what a good size for a panel is on a basic Fr/Lg style comic?

Varies, really. The ones I used are the same size as a screenshot taken from VisualBoyAdvance FRLG Rom. It's about 240x160 in size.

Whatever size, I recommend you do not use anything HUGE, like enough to fit an entire town in the one frame. Big mistake (Learnt that one meself).

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Here, I finished a comic.

Mind you, I just did this for tests, I'm formatting for a comic I'll be making.
Nothing in this is finalized. :O

I actually titled it "Tests"
Spoiler:

obLonG

Now for half price!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2012
That comic is really good. most comics that have text displayed like that make the dialogue seem far off and detracts from the comic, but this works well together as your showing expressions and and changing sizes.
The joke seems a bit stale though, as its not really that funny, I get the Pokemon reference as then it could only be used in a Poke comic.
Just a little personal point of view but for the character portraits you could put in the trainers faces instead of their OWs.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
That comic is really good. most comics that have text displayed like that make the dialogue seem far off and detracts from the comic, but this works well together as your showing expressions and and changing sizes.
The joke seems a bit stale though, as its not really that funny, I get the Pokemon reference as then it could only be used in a Poke comic.
Just a little personal point of view but for the character portraits you could put in the trainers faces instead of their OWs.

Thanks for the imput, and to tell you the truth,
The comedy wasn't supposed to be all that funny, anyways. XD

It was to toy around with some effects I've made.

Hm, how does the "!" and "?" expression marks work in with the comic, in anybody's opinion?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Jeez, this thread is so busy it's unreal. I've been trying to post for the past half hour(!)

Anyway, I've been planning on creating a sprite comic. I have done so before, and i have plenty of experience, but the only problem is, i am disgraceful at Mapping.

I already have a Story Line set out, and everything else, but Backgrounds are the thing I am lacking.

Does anybody have any idea were I can get some random Maps or if someone could Create some for me, (credit given, of course.)

Snooki Polizzi

I'm no guido. I'm a guidette.
Years
Jeez, this thread is so busy it's unreal. I've been trying to post for the past half hour(!)

Anyway, I've been planning on creating a sprite comic. I have done so before, and i have plenty of experience, but the only problem is, i am disgraceful at Mapping.

I already have a Story Line set out, and everything else, but Backgrounds are the thing I am lacking.

Does anybody have any idea were I can get some random Maps or if someone could Create some for me, (credit given, of course.)

Check the ROM and Hacking section and see if you can find a mapper in one of the forums and send a message to him/her.

I have a question, why is it that there are like no comics anymore? I remember back a few years ago before diamond and pearl came out comics were so popular, now they die as soon as they appear on this forum.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Check the ROM and Hacking section and see if you can find a mapper in one of the forums and send a message to him/her.

I have a question, why is it that there are like no comics anymore? I remember back a few years ago before diamond and pearl came out comics were so popular, now they die as soon as they appear on this forum.

Stuff happens. The bigger comics that held the forum aloft and allowed the smaller comics to come in and get attention died an understated little death, and then there were only the smaller comics left and they didn't get the same attention as the bigger ones (Whose fans left when the creators did). Long story short, here we are. I doubt it's a permanent lull though - all it'd take would be a newly refined interest in Pokemon itself and a new generation of comic makers to be put together and magic to happen.

Years
Request for sprites (making comic)

Hey guys whats up,I need a bunch of emrald character sprites like wally walking and the protagonists movement sprites fishing sprites bike riding sprites ect ect so yeah....

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
The spriters resource

Try the spriters resource they have every pokemon game sprite.

Here's my first comic
Blaze's adventure

Blazesadventurepart1.png

enjoy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
Yet another post I don't know where to put...

Erm... Hey,

I was just looking through my webcomic and I then started doing research because In a while I will be moving my webcomic from Kanto to Johto because it works through and through :P but then I realised

'oh Wait What about Sinnoh'
I was wondering if someone could help me make some maps for the sinnoh region, by help I mean, Make with my advice because I can't map to save my life, altghough I can't really think in a Life or death situation it would need me to map

Thanks..

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back