• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest moment of your Life?

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
  • Scariest moment of your Life

So What was the Scariest moment of your Life? Well mine was when I was watching The Conjuring then when I saw the creepy doll then I screamed so what was your scariest experience? (Damn I use a lotta' CSS!)

Scariest moment of your Life?

Years
  • When I was about 14-15, I was wandering around some woods with a couple friends. We reached a clearing at some point, and we saw a bear not terribly far in the distance.
    Needless to say, we ran our asses off back to the friends' place.

There have been plenty of moments in my life that made me jump or freaked me out, but that's one of (if not the only) moments where I actually felt my life might be in danger.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Hmm... I was over at my grandparents' house when I was getting into bed. I got all comfortable when I realized I forgot to turn off the light (don't you hate it when that happens?). I got up, turned off the lights, but when I turned around, I froze. In the window were two eyes. Unblinking, unmoving, just hovering there giving off no light. Yet, somehow, they were glowing. Like when you take a picture of a cat and the flash bounces off the eyes and you get the green glow. These orbs just stayed there and watched me as I slowly crawled into bed. I kept watching the eyes and they watched me for about two hours until I fell asleep. In the morning, there were no eyes and there was nothing to indicate that they had ever been there in the first place.

And that's why I always sleep with the blinds down.

Sirfetch’d

When I was about 7 or 8 I thought that it would be fun to climb a ladder to the roof of our house when my parents weren't looking...that was a huge mistake. I caught my shoe lace and fell from the top if the ladder. Luckily I landed ok, but it certainly was scary D:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I had a really overactive imagination when I was a little kid. When I was like 7 I accidentally locked myself in the basement. While I was down there I heard some creepy laugh and a shadow racing all along the walls and forming into freaky looking figures.

This is a more recent experience. 2 years ago when I went through basic training we did this event called the Night Infiltration Course. We all just called it Nick at Night. It starts off as a basic patrol through the woods in the middle of the night. After awhile of walking fake mortar rounds start to blow off around you and everyone just started running. Even though we knew they were fake, it was still kind of scary. After awhile of running through the woods we came to this obstacle. The obstacle was a pipe leading into the ground that was partially filled with water. I'm not claustrophobic, but seriously not being able to see 2 feet in front of you, crawling through a small pipe filled with water can seriously screw with your mind. The end of the pipe lead to a trench (like the ones soldiers used in WW1) about 300 meters away from the trench stood 3 guard towers that were shooting live ammunition from a M240B about 5 feet off the ground. They gave us a safety brief saying "hey keep your head down or get shot, your choice" then told us to crawl across the trench and too the guard towers. There was a lot more too it than that, I'm just too lazy to write it all down. Somehow that event actually took place on Halloween night 2 years ago, was defiantly my scariest Halloween.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Well once I was with a friend, and we were walking near a paddock, my friend was talking about a murderous farmer and then we heard gunshots >~<

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    One experience in particular was a couple of years back where I was taking a shortcut while heading home and attempting to cross what looked like a safe road. As soon as I start crossing the road a car zooms out of nowhere and ends up smacking the right side view mirror against my left arm almost instantly. It took me a whole second to realize that not only was I literally one step away from death in that moment but I was crossing a main highway leading to a nearby city and yet I still ended up crossing it without getting killed surprisingly. I have had other scary moments in my life but few which have made me feel like I was going to piss myself in utter terror.

Sirfetch’d

That's all I needed to tell that this story wasn't going to end well. XD

I tended to do a lot if things that weren't very smart when my parents weren't looking haha. I remember another time that I became very scared. I nearly knocked the refrigerator over on me when I was little because I kept tugging at the door :I

Years
  • My then-boyfriend took a sharp turn at 50 mph and we spun out. Lost total control of the car. My friend in the back started screaming. We ended up completely turned around on the road in a ditch. We're lucky no cars were coming from the other direction.

As it happened, I just silently sat there and pretended it was no big deal. It was surreal.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hmm... I was over at my grandparents' house when I was getting into bed. I got all comfortable when I realized I forgot to turn off the light (don't you hate it when that happens?). I got up, turned off the lights, but when I turned around, I froze. In the window were two eyes. Unblinking, unmoving, just hovering there giving off no light. Yet, somehow, they were glowing. Like when you take a picture of a cat and the flash bounces off the eyes and you get the green glow. These orbs just stayed there and watched me as I slowly crawled into bed. I kept watching the eyes and they watched me for about two hours until I fell asleep. In the morning, there were no eyes and there was nothing to indicate that they had ever been there in the first place.

And that's why I always sleep with the blinds down.
    ...I didn't really need to sleep tonight anyway...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • The first time I ever went to any city by myself, I ended up stranded downtown at midnight, and some guy pulled a knife on me. He cut himself while pulling it out and I just ran away as he was screaming... but yeah. It's sort of strange because I had no clue what really happened at the time, but thinking back, that's pretty scary. lol

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    some guy pulled a knife on me. He cut himself while pulling it out and I just ran away as he was screaming.

You better beware they'll get you the only weakness is their slippery hands.

When I was like 8 or 9 I was in my sisters room and they were getting ready for bed we were just mucking around I was laying on the floor and opening and closing the doors with my feet. I opened it and I could see a face staring at me I froze, it was like a head wearing one of them anonymous masks but it didn't have the moustache or the eyebrows. I shut the door then opened it. I lived in a very old house at the time.
    Another time I was eating dinner at the end of the table and could see up the hallway, mind you this is in the same old house (its like on the heritage list and all) I looked up the hallway and saw what looked like a bear walking past, my mum saw it too and went to investigate.

Years
  • When I was like, 10 or 11 (sorry I don't remember how old I was) I accidentally sliced my forehead on my own bedroom door. It lead to me having to be hospitalized to have urgent stitching, and that left the very thick scar where the injury was.

Blood was literally pouring out, I'm not joking.

Years
  • Running away from home. I went all the way from New York to Canada, which took about 10-12 hours on a bus. I was petrified and am not sure why I even thought of doing such a thing now that I look back on it five years later.

The several times I've had my arm and leg ripped open from dog bites don't even come close to comparing. :(

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • It was this past summer; my cousin and I finished a movie at my place and were feeling hungry. We both craved something sweet, but since there was nothing of the sort at home, we were feeling adventurous went out to McDonald's for some ice cream.

On our drive back home, we were approaching a light that had just turned green when a tourist in his rental car ran his red, broadsiding our vehicle.

We flipped thrice, landing face-up in a lane of incoming traffic where we were hit again.

They don't lie when they say it takes only a second...

Luckily neither of us were injured (except for a couple stitches on my cousin's brow), but that's exactly what made the whole thing seem less real. Onlookers said we should have died -- I can still smell the burnt rubber as I wandered around the intersection picking up our things, milkshake all over me.

=

Kids, for the love of all that is good, never EVER drive without a seat belt.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of my scariest moments would have to be when I was seven. I went out for some grocery shopping with my older cousin one night. When we were crossing the street, the walk signal was lit up, and there were no cars in sight. At that time, though, my cousin was staring at the trees and talking on his cellphone—he wasn't paying any attention to what was going on on the road. Suddenly, a car appeared out of nowhere, and it was moving quite fast. Just before it was able to hit us, it managed to stop. While it did, it made a loud screeching noise, which brought us a lot of attention. People who were around us were at screaming at the driver, asking him why he was driving this fast. He seemed a little drunk, so someone called the cops on him and had him sent to jail. I don't know what happened to him after that, but the police had most likely charged him with DUI.

After the occurrence, my parents were very upset with my cousin (even though none of this was his fault), and never allowed me to go anywhere at night at all… well, unless, of course, I was with them. d:

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I believe the following accurately displays the scariest moment(s) of my life:
    Spoiler:
    ^Yep. Yep yep yep.

I can't say for sure the "scariest" thing in my life but hmm...

There is this dumb (but pretty) tree (pretty tree...) close to my window back home, always making scratching sounds with its leaves when the wind's blowing...Always made me cringe cuz I'd wonder wth that is - but once I also saw like a flying green-ish orb flying away in a second as I looked...We don't have fireflies there so...

But hmm...That one night, we were playing hide'n'seek with my cousins. They had a party and we kids were allowed to play outside, so we did. And at a point when we all gathered (only 5 of us), my sister said she heard something, but we didn't, and not long after that we started to hear footsteps, but we couldn't see anything when we looked at where it was coming from. So we went back inside the house frontyard, and waited there.
    That was okay and all, until the lights in that one street (which is a dead end neighborhood) went off...So we actually hid, and I kind of tried to see who was there, and there was a man walking slowly, kind of looking at the last place we were standing on that he could see (bet he saw us running into hiding). The man kept walking and went on the hill close by, which makes the dead end of the road (you can see the rest of the neighborhood from up there).

And the lights came back on...So we stepped out of the hiding spot, and looked around for any sign of the man, but nothing, until later when I saw he was coming back, we just went back to hide...I. am. not. even. kidding. when I say, the lights turned off once again as he walked by...

Needless to say, after that, we just went back to play games inside.

Back