• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School Chit-Chat v.whatever

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
    Yeah so talk about your school here: Classes, report cards, whatever.

My school is called Lord Byng, a High School (well in BC we call them "secondary school"), which has about 1200 students Gr. 8-12. There's a nice Basketball court, a field out back, and a few tennis courts we share with the French Immersion School and City Pool in the same area. I came from Bayview, where the feeder high school is Kitsilano, and most of the students here are from Queen Elizabeth just down the road, Queen Mary or Lord Kitchener. My Principal's an idiot. A REAL one. I tried out for Student Council but since everything had to go HER way, I was kicked off even though I was a shoe-in. We have an AMAZING arts/music program and our teams aren't too shabby either.

I am taking for electives:
    Info-Tech 1
    Enriched French (French is mandatory in Gr. 8)
    Drama

And the regulars: English, Math, PE, History/Socials, Science.

04/05 Marks were:

English 87
    Math 75
    Science 80
    PE 70
    Applied Skills 77
    French 83
    Socials 68

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    This is kinda different. Meh, anyways, if you don't already know, i go to an all-guys school (and no i'm not gay and i don't think anyone there is [you wouldn't believe then number of people who think that as a first reaction], in fact there is an all-girls school down the street). But anyways it is a college-prep high school, and yes i it. My elective is gym 1st sem and art 2nd sem. the only class i am in danger of failing is art - other than that, i get pretty decent grades.

Years
    Let's see...

Junior Year Schedule:

English III
    Anatomy/Physiology
    Algebra II
    US History
    French III
    Film Analysis

Sophomore Year grades:

Driver's Ed: A
    French II: A
    Geometry: B+
    Honors English II: A
    PE: A
    Biology: A

I just go to school to see my friends. Otherwise, I have no school spirit whatsoever. Have you ever seen the music video of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana? Yeah, that's how pep rallies look like... minus the janitor.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Every school I went to in my life sucks >.> Its either I get an abusive teacher for one grade (1st grade in the school kindergarten-3rd) Or I get alot of friends in one school (finally) and we end up both getting abused by the teachers or the teachers try to disaplin one more then the other so they try to tear are friendship apart (which they did eventually) or I move (which I did) and the worst that could happen is you get students and teachers that make fun of you and friends= 2 >___> I live like, 5 hours away from home now *cires*

*glomps Sasuke*

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    *sigh* School...>_>;;;
    I got to a stupid Jewish Private school by the name of Maimonides. Goes all the way to 12th, so I'm stuck for another 4 years. >>
    Allright I'll just do approximations...
    English: 85-90ish
    History: 88
    Science:...Don't wanna know XD
    Math:....Don't wanna know either XD
    I'm getting high 90's in all my Hebrew Subjects.
    I'm getting around a 90 in French too.

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Well I just moved, so I currently have no clue what school I would be going to. On my last school year, everything but French was in the higher 80's.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I go to a regular middle school. I start 8th grade on the 29th. I'm not sure what this year will be like since we're getting several new teachers and a new vice principal (w00t). I just hope I'll have the same classes as my friends this year.

I really didn't have a choice on what to take this year. You could choose between Band, Chorus, and Spanish last year. I chose advanced band since every option said that you had to take the class in 7th grade to qualify for that 8th grade class.

Since I chose band, I have to go to band practice from 4 to 5:30 this evening. Wheeeeeeeee, an hour and a half of playing the same notes over and over and having to listen to the band director's horridly high-pitched whistling every time someone does something wrong. x.x
    ... Oh well, band can be pretty cool I guess. You get to play some cool songs.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I'm entering 12th grade this year, and school doesn't start until Sept. 8th. ^_^

I have to go there and pre-register for half-an-hour on Wednesday.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Seniors '06~! <3

Er yeah, I start 12th grade a week from tomorrow.

*copies Niko's idea*

Senior Year- Semester 1 Schedule:

Psychology
    Calculus
    Physics
    Senior Gym
    Cafe Study <3
    Concert Choir (Mixed choir)
    Spanish V
    Senior English

The second half of the year I'll have it sooo easy since three of the classes on there are only half year courses~

Junior year grades:

Treble (women's) Choir: A+ XD
    English: A <3
    US History: B-
    Pre-calc: D+ <<;; Do your homework, kiddies...
    Chem: B-
    Spanish IV: B-
    PE: A-

Years
    I go to Marshfireld Senior High School. It kinda really sucks there. We don't have much going for us that's all too good. Uhm...
    The best teacher was my drama teacher, but he left after my freshman year...:(
    Eh.

Yeah. The new drama teacher angers the hell outa' me, cause he has almost no idea what he's doing. "Duh..? What's acting?"

It's so annoying.
    The rest of my school is okay...but I mostly go there because I have a lot of friends that rock.
    I don't really get good grades, because I'm not too good at school, but I should be going to the alternative school this year if I get the interview down. I hope I do...I'll miss my friends, but at least this way I'll get into film school.

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
    They haven't given me next year's schedule yet.

Last year's grades:
    Physical Science - A
    Reading - A
    ASB - A
    Weight Training - A
    Geometry - A
    Word Processing (Typing) - A
    Careers - A
    US History - A
    English - A

Yeah, I had straight A's even though I never did my homework at home. Freshman year was easy. Hopefully sophomore year will be just as easy.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    Well, since I graduated I really don't have much to say except for the fact that ,my high school life was lame.....it was boring and kept dragging on and on and on....
    Yay, zomething to look forward to o_o
    Nah, actually I'm fine with highzchool...but I'd ztill love to zkip it if I could T_T

I'm getting my zcheduale tomarrow. Boo ;-;

Hopefully I got all the clazzez I zigned up for, which were:
    Electivez-
    Englizh II
    Honerz Science II
    Earth Science
    Honerz World Hiztory
    Geometry x_x
    Otherz-
    Pottery
    creative drawing
    woodz
    Athletic conditioning
    German II

and um...zome otherz I can't remember, hehe ^^;;

Lazt year my gradez were all Az and Bz, except in Englizh were I had a C+. The Englizh teacher and I never zaw eye to eye <<;

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Originally posted by Chiru-chan
    I go to a regular middle school. I start 8th grade on the 29th. I'm not sure what this year will be like since we're getting several new teachers and a new vice principal (w00t). I just hope I'll have the same classes as my friends this year.

I really didn't have a choice on what to take this year. You could choose between Band, Chorus, and Spanish last year. I chose advanced band since every option said that you had to take the class in 7th grade to qualify for that 8th grade class.

Since I chose band, I have to go to band practice from 4 to 5:30 this evening. Wheeeeeeeee, an hour and a half of playing the same notes over and over and having to listen to the band director's horridly high-pitched whistling every time someone does something wrong. x.x
    ... Oh well, band can be pretty cool I guess. You get to play some cool songs.

o__O Thats ironic. Lol i'm starting the 8th grade too. Only i'm going at september 8th I think XD. I don't wanna go to band this year but I also don't wanna tell my mom that seeing as she just recently bought me a snare drum this Christmas ;0; My band teacher sucks and theres like, 13 percussion people and i'm one of them so I never got to do anything in band before my mom bought me the snare drum..But the teacher thinks that only Sara and Ellysa can play good >___> They're like, really snobbing cause they are 1) overused in band 2) If he ever wants to give an example of a snare move (like a rudement) he uses either of those two >.> Also when it was flag day these army guys came to are schol to put up the new flag (the one before that was stolen ha!!) and we were playing songs for the school and when the army people came the band teacher played this marching song and we all thought we were supossed top play too so we started playing with him XD BIG mistake. He yelled at us for no reason and said some bull like "ME ONLY" Which really sucked cause I liked playing the marching song. Then after that he stopped, the army people saluted the flag, blah blah blah. Then when they are leaving the building guess who he told to play the marching song? >( Sara and Elyssa of course. So, he just left us out of it, even though he knew we were capable of playing...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm happy with my marks from this year. Everything was a high 80 or 90, except for math. Stupid, stupid teacher. I was good at math last year and all the years before, but then somehow all of her classes manage to fail this year. << *hates her* So...I'm doomed for math next year now. I'm not going to drop a level just because of my teacher, so I'm in a harder level now and I'll be completely lost. Can you act as my tutor again this year, Erica? I made be needing you a lot more now. T_T;. So the math mark brought down my average, but still pretty good.

Semester One was 87.5, Semester Two (math) was 84.5. Not too bad.

We've been given our preliminary schedules already. If they don't change then I should have more than half (I think) of my courses with Erica. Yay! The first semest for me at the moment is... Art, Computer Science, Physics, and Religion.

*is going into grade 11*

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Many of the guys in my school are tough nuts to crack. The teachers there are either very pathetic or very cruel. You've got to learn the rules of this place if you want to survive the year.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I go to Canton High School in Canton, MS.

Here are the school statistics:

We have around 1,000 students at our school. 95 percent of the school is Black, 4 percent Mexican, and 1 percent White.

With a few exceptions, I can safely say my school is your typical suburban school; stuff happens all the time because people are bored...to tell the truth, I'm getting sick of the suburban setting too...

I hate this school...the district has improved significantly, but still sucks in terms of academics. We went from a Level 1 to Level 3 (out of 5) in one year, but we're still not at average yet.

Oh, I can't forget about the people.

Racism, stereotypes, you name it, it's all here. I receive all kinds of crap from the "gangsta" students because I don't dress like a "black guy is supposed to dress..." It doesn't matter, though, 'cause I'm pretty sure I know more about rap then they do, that's for sure...

Here were my classes last year (10th):

Physical Education - 94
    Algebra II - 95
    World History - 99
    Chemistry I - 89
    English II - 93
    Technology Applications I - 96

Here are my classes this year (11th):

English III
    Technology Applications II
    Trigonometry (1st Semester)
    Advanced Algebra/Pre-Calculus (2nd Semester)
    Family and Individual Health (1st Semester)
    Cooking and Nutrition (2nd Semester)
    Visual Arts I
    American History

Last edited:

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Junior year's here~

I got:
    -Algebra II
    -English III
    -US History
    -Astronomy (BO-RING~ All I do there is talk with my friends and sleep lol)
    -Child Development (UTERUS~)
    -German II
    -Journalism I

There~

♡ゆめみち

I'm Mika~ ^.^
    Years
    My school's name is Guildford Park Secondary. Last year, I was in Grade 9&now i'm heading for Grade 10. I'm supposed to be in Grade 11, but I started school one year late when I was little, so that made me one grade behind.

I'm going to be finally in High School, and I wonder how it's going to be.
    Last year, my grades weren't that bad although I expect a little better.

First Semester:
    English: 88% - A-
    Social Studies: 60% - C
    Spanish: 82% - B
    Drama: 84% - B

Second Semester:
    Math: 58% - C- < I'm really bad at Math. >_<;
    Science: 98% - A+
    Physical Education: 82% - B
    Spare Block*

I usually get B&C+'s in my report cards. I barely get any A's. -_-' I always tried my best to earn A's, but it doesnt really work. I turn out getting B&C+'s afterwards. For Grade 10, I got the classes that I wanted. I dont fully memorize all my classes for Grade 10 yet, but all I know is that I have:

Math 10
    Science 10
    Drama 10
    Spanish 10

I hope I do well in Grade 10. School for me will be back in September 6. -___-
    & I will be having an exam for Grade 10 soon.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I go to a (sorta) regular public highschool at San Jose, CA. <<;

My schedule...

2: P-CHEMISTRY
    3: P-FRENCH 3
    4: P-ALGEBRA 2
    5: P-US HISTORY/AP
    6: P - ENG LANG/COMP/AP