• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School Chit-Chat v.whatever

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    The Fly said:
    My school is a bit unruly, so basically, if you don't want to run in Physical Education, you're not going to, no matter what the gym teacher says. It was like that for me. She threatened me with all kinds of crap, but I didn't budge. I didn't run or do anything that did exercise, really. You could've just called it Study Hall for me. I would've failed if I hadn't aced the written tests.

But that just goes to show you, some teachers can be complete arses...good thing I'm not taking gym anymore...*huggles his computer classes* XD

you remind me of my sis, she sat down refusing to do PE.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    lol...

I didn't want to dress out, either...I was too self-conscious to change in front of a bunch of other boys...I was afraid I'd get looks and stuff...that creeps me out bad...

Yeah, I hated my PE class...that was the worst class I ever had.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Ugh...I got my progress report on Friday...not looking good at all ;_;

English III - 79
    Tech Apps II - No scores posted
    Trigonometry - 100
    Family and Individual Health - 92
    Visual Arts I - 100
    American History - 90

Eww...a 79!? Guess I should've done that summer reading...that really messed up my grades so far. Well, I've got another four weeks to get myself back up to par...hopefully, I'll get into the 85+ range...

Years
    I don't think I like my science teacher. She's old and she seems nice but she can be pretty mean sometimes without really showing it. My Math teacher sometimes scares me with her always smiling no matter what.

vato_nolan

Better than you since 1991.
    Years
    Okay I go to Independence High,I am a freasmen there,and I have been there since July.My school was like the first to start in Arizona,but the good thing is,this is my last week and then I'm off for 3 weeks,yay!Well,right now my classes are:
    1.Tech:my grade=C
    2.P.E.=A
    3.Spanish=D-F
    4.Math=B
    5.Stu Co.=A
    7.ACL English=C-F?
    8.Science=D
    Also,this week is Homecoming Week so we have to dress up,like today was mix'n'match day,and I'll up date the other days later on.But I have to make a booth after school everyday,but the thing is I also have Cross Country,so yeah my week is going to be very busy.Like Friday I have to be at school at 6:15 in the morning,and school dont even start till 8,and I have to go to school on Saturday too to set up for the dance.Okay I'm done y'all are tired of reading about me so I'll end it here.Bye.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Okay...this is continued from that problem in the ADCC.

Based on what Kaga told me and what the problem already told me about the gold...

1.5in. high and 0.25in. in diameter
    M of the gold = 23.1984g
    V = πr?h --> (π)(0.125?in.)(1.5in.) --> (π)(0.015625in.)(1.5in.) --> (π)(0.0234375) = 0.073631078in.?

Convert to cm --> 0.073631078in? * 2.54cm = 0.187022938cm? (volume is cubed , I believe)

D = M / V --> D = 23.1984g / 0.187022938cm? = 124.04043998g/cm? --> Sig figs --> 124.0404g/cm? is the density of the gold cylinder

Is it 124.0403g/cm? or 124.0403g/cm?? And I feel like I missed a step somewhere. Isn't there a rule for converting cubed units or something?

0.073631078in? * 2.54cm = 0.187022938cm?

That's what I'm talking about right there. I'm multiplying a cubed unit by an uncubed unit. Do I have to cube the 2.54 first?

And I still need to figure out the liquid part. But lemme think about this one first...

A cylindrical bar of gold that is 1.5in. high and 0.25in. in diamter has a mass of 23.1984g, as is determined on an analytical balance. An empty graduated cylinder is weighed on a triple-beam balance and has a mass of 73.47g. After pouring a small amount of liquid into the graduated cylinder, the mass is 79.16g. When the gold cylinder is placed in the graduated cylinder (the liquid covers the top of the gold cylinder), the volume indicated on the graduated cylinder is 8.5mL.

Assume that the temperatures of the gold bar and the liquid are 86?F. If the density of the liquid decreases by 1.0% for each 10?C rise in temperature (over the range 0 to 50?C), determine

a. the density of the gold at 86?F.
    b. the density of the liquid at 40?F.
    Note: Parts (a) and (b) can be answered independently.

Last edited:
    Back