• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ School ~ Needed or Not? ~

School, Needed or Not

• Total voters

BlueSonic

Banned
    Years
    I couldn't have put it better myself!

School is important and a lot of people don't realize just why they need school. I remember I hated school for a while, but now all I want is it to not end. The thought of going into the real world is kinda scary after all. So yay for post-secondary! Ahaha.
    Depends on the person really :)

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I couldn't have put it better myself!

School is important and a lot of people don't realize just why they need school. I remember I hated school for a while, but now all I want is it to not end. The thought of going into the real world is kinda scary after all. So yay for post-secondary! Ahaha.

That is exactly how I feel. I'm so scared go go out the real world, so school is my crutch. But I need something to do in the morning. So, although I dislike it, and feel like pressing this button to trigger the explosives I placed, I don't wan't it to go.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    lulz I want no school!!!! it's teh borningness!!!!!oneoneone!!111

I want to grow up to be an uneducated redneck YEEEEHAAAA :B

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    For me, it's the teachers that aren't neede. maybe school would be better without those lousy ones that just slam papers and home wrok on you.

So school is needed. All the exta crap, isn't.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    The "educational" part isn't needed. It is just naptime -.-

The other parts are, like talking to friends, and flirting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022

The other parts are, like talking to friends, and flirting.
    I don't think 11 year olds need to flirt, or really understand the art of flirting in the first place.

That is, if you really are 11.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Of course school is needed. How would you be able to get decent jobs and learn important knowledge. Although it might be the most boring thing we still need to go.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    i'd say yes school is important, if we didn't go to school, our brains would turn to mush

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    i'm not making fun of you, summer if fun and all, but after a while you'd go crazy!

Years
    School is needed, whether you like it or not. Sure, you can try not to go to school, but even if you could get away with it, you'd get nowhere in life. If you want to survive in the real world with a respectable job, you need at least high school. ;D

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    I'd say School is not needed, we could learn stuff from watching educational videos at home, and via the internet. heck, i learn more stuf listing to the radio then i do i school, and get this, the stuff i learn listing to the radio, i never learned in school, like Bussiness infomation, sleep intellingence, and more

Years
    The answer's pretty obvious. The world demands knowledge, and this is the one stop for it. Besides, concentrating on schoolwork is a great excuse for not getting a dang job. School can be fun if you choose your courses right and apply early.

Jordan.

P.S.: When I saw who this poll was created by, I immediately knew what he chose as his answer.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    The answer's pretty obvious. The world demands knowledge, and this is the one stop for it. Besides, concentrating on schoolwork is a great excuse for not getting a dang job. School can be fun if you choose your courses right and apply early.

Jordan.

P.S.: When I saw who this poll was created by, I immediately knew what he chose as his answer.

And when I saw ur post, I immediately knew ur answer :P

And its a Public Poll BTW

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Urgh.. Whiney kids always complaining about how much they don't need school. A recipe for future society going to pot.

From high salary important jobs, Doctors, lawyers and scientists to everyday office workers, yes, education is needed. It's just amazingly hypocritical you are to say this. Without an education, you'd probably have difficulty speaking, typing and communicating let alone getting any job.
    Also further education is the foundations for critical jobs, (such as biology for future medics or foriegn languages for correspondence). True there are some useless subjects, but all have some benefits.

Education also gives us qualifications, distinguishing the able from the less able, necessary for jobs.

School teaches us useful things that we won't learn from everyday life.

Some people enjoy school. I only left this summer and do miss the environment of my friends, activities and subjects that I picked (I got to choose all mine).

Without a group of peers from a similar age group such as in school, you are less likely to develop social skills to help you throughout life. Which is likely to effect the chance of you getting a partner.

School keeps children busy and tutors them about discipline. Before compulsory schooling was around, the crime rate for young offenders was drastically higher.

I'd say School is not needed, we could learn stuff from watching educational videos at home, and via the internet.
    What about those who choose not to? Or those without the facilities? There would be no control or order. Teachers maintain the system, otherwise havoc would follow.

So yes we do need school. Thats why it's the law. Duh...

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I find school very easy, and yes I believe it's needed, because if it didn't exist, we might as well have lived in the dinosaur age or whatever. If it wasn't for school, we wouldn't be on PC anyways. If you ask me, those who think school is a waste of time need to realize what they're actually saying.

Back