• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ School ~ Needed or Not? ~

School, Needed or Not

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Actually no I didn't. I stated the blindling obvious. ¬_¬

I'm not sure what you are implying now, since you contradicted yourself. In your first posts you strongly suggest that schools are unnecessary and education via discovery is the way forward, however now you say they are an important asset. Which they are.

Scientific heroes have all come from a well educated background. Watson and Crick didn't discover DNA by chance if they weren't interested in biology from school and took to university. Jenner wouldn't have discovered vaccinations if he wasn't a scientist. So these 'chance discoveries' are built upon inspirations of an educated background.
    And school is a starting block which we have.

If school was never around, then actually yes, I do feel that the people of society would be 'dumber' since they lose out in key inspirations, vital information, social skills and lessons of life.
    School taught discoveries that shape the world today, such as evolution, would be lost in uncared about documents, (until someone would be to rediscover it perhaps?)
    *sigh*

For the 14124877th time: I never said school was unimportant. For the third or fourth time, I think it is truly important. My point is that we wouldn't be as dumb as rocks if we didn't have it. Quite honestly I don't know why you or anyone else would reply to me when I was replying in the beginning to Pipluper.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    I don't think 11 year olds need to flirt, or really understand the art of flirting in the first place.

That is, if you really are 11.

ok no one make fun of penginpla6, hes the one who made this thread, ESPECIALLY YOU PHRASE. he makes a point, and no one should say we don't know what flirting should mean at a young age. i do it all the time and i always get the girls.

and if i hear one more thing about immatureness you will be PWNED'!

lulz, maybe you'll understand when you're older.

excuse me, we understand now. we have been understanding. just becuase your a higher grade in school and matureness doesn't mean your everything. don't ever say anything like that again.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Yes we need school so we can all become elitists and make sure that no one can create a communist rule and rule us like drones :|

No really, if you didn't go to school, someone would get educated and rule over your poor stupid souls and make everything seem 'fair'. Go read animal farm. An education is needed under every condition.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    Reading through these - I'm shocked and even slightly appalled that some of you would even think to vote for: School is not needed.

I know, I know, they're your opinions, but I'm still completely surprised by them.

And this is somewhat of a touchy thing for me. My dad grew up poorly, he didn't get the chance to have an education past sixth grade. He's a landscaper now. It's not his fault, he simply couldn't pay for the schooling. My family isn't poor - no way! In fact, we have more than we need, but only through his hard - and I mean hard work. You try leaving four in the morning, every morning of every day, and not coming home until the sun is down.

If he had a complete education, he wouldn't be in that position. And again, it's not his fault - it isn't anyone's. But I see schooling as a blessing.

Homework isn't important? Ha! You guys say half the things you learn at school don't even stay in your head. All the more reason to have homework. It'll keep your mind on it - even if it is hard to keep your mind on it.

School made you emo? I hope that's a joke. And I'm not trying to be critical of you. If you want to be emo, go ahead. But I'm making the point that School did not make you emo. I don't know your situation, so I can't say what did. But it wasn't school. Does your school have posters plastered all over their campus saying, "Be Emo!" I hope not. And if they do, please see your local school board. But you make the decision to be who you are. No one else does. They can influence you, yes, but not make you. You are exposed to every option and choice at some point in this life, and you can decide to turn them down or take them, it is your decision.

Again, not trying to be critical. That's just what I believe, and I was shocked to see some of your guys' responses. Although, I think this thread was supposed to be humorous... I might have just made it serious XD :P

Years
    And this is somewhat of a touchy thing for me. My dad grew up poorly, he didn't get the chance to have an education past sixth grade. He's a landscaper now. It's not his fault, he simply couldn't pay for the schooling. My family isn't poor - no way! In fact, we have more than we need, but only through his hard - and I mean hard work. You try leaving four in the morning, every morning of every day, and not coming home until the sun is down.

If he had a complete education, he wouldn't be in that position. And again, it's not his fault - it isn't anyone's. But I see schooling as a blessing.

Dang straight man, my dad was a pretty good student in the 60's and 70's, continually placing #1 in score ranking in his class. It was a bright future until the war came along and put his studies to a hiatus. Now he bequeaths to me his knowledge and teaches me that education is important. He just hope that my future turned out to be better than his because of the opportunities of education at the current time.

Jordan.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    Reading through these - I'm shocked and even slightly appalled that some of you would even think to vote for: School is not needed.

I know, I know, they're your opinions, but I'm still completely surprised by them.

Homework isn't important? Ha! You guys say half the things you learn at school don't even stay in your head. All the more reason to have homework. It'll keep your mind on it - even if it is hard to keep your mind on it.

School made you emo? I hope that's a joke. And I'm not trying to be critical of you. If you want to be emo, go ahead. But I'm making the point that School did not make you emo. I don't know your situation, so I can't say what did. But it wasn't school. Does your school have posters plastered all over their campus saying, "Be Emo!" I hope not. And if they do, please see your local school board. But you make the decision to be who you are. No one else does. They can influence you, yes, but not make you. You are exposed to every option and choice at some point in this life, and you can decide to turn them down or take them, it is your decision.

Again, not trying to be critical. That's just what I believe, and I was shocked to see some of your guys' responses. Although, I think this thread was supposed to be humorous... I might have just made it serious XD :P

now i respect your decision, but don't you think if you know everything and your learning things that you aren't goona use later in life, that school is just a waste of time from that point on?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    @_@ Too much to read, I'll pass for now...

I don't have an answer. School, besides being a social area, appeals those whom can read and write well. Those who can deal with long ass textbook material. Which I suck at. As for self-discovery, school doesn't help at all. We don't see or experience much of the working world in it either and can't become more resourceful in reality through school.

So yes I believe school is wasteful, but I'd rather be learning and studying then working some dumb front line labor, even so.

As a place for studying and concentrating, school is off too, but it's still better then my home in that respect. xD;

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    School is absolutely necessary, and as you get older most people start to understand that better. I remember hating it when I was younger and thinking I'd be better off without it, but that really isn't true at all.

Without school, your future as an adult will be a lot, lot harder. Without school, there's a very good chance you'll be that hungry, lonely, wet homeless person sleeping under a bridge at age thirty-five thinking "if I had only stayed in school, things could've turned out differently."

I don't mean to be harsh, but honestly, that's a very real possibility if you don't have an education. There ARE places that will higher you to work even if you don't complete high-school, but they're low-paying with more than likely no benefits, no retirement plan, nothing. You'd be working harder than most for less pay than most for your entire life.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, really think about this. School is important, and an education is important.

i see where you are going with this, and its opening my eyes now. thanks.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    If you think you're a stud at that age, you'll end up with an STD in just a few short years.

You have no idea what flirting is in any real sense of the word.

i'm not sure u would know cuz know one will even try to do that with u
    So...
    Zippit. Zappit. Get it? Got it. Done

now shut it.

ppl really, respect other's opinions

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    If you think you're a stud at that age, you'll end up with an STD in just a few short years.

You have no idea what flirting is in any real sense of the word.

He's just a tweleve year old, I'd let it slide D:
    When he does become a pawn to someone who is older and more mature than he is, maybe he'll learn to value educations as a lucky privilage and see what happens to those who don't use it :\

No education means no freedom. End story.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'll say this. School is crammed full of things you didnt need to know. And it's boring and long and oftentimes it makes you all wierd in the head. @_@

But even with all of that in mind It's something that you inevitably need. That's right. School is needed. Because school teaches you the things you need to know to pursue the job of your dreams. Or just a job you want even. It's a neccessary evil.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Anyone who is smart would tell you that school is needed. Best of all, its free. How could it get any better than that? But I wish it wasn't mandatory. It would make it easier for those who are willing to take up an educational part of their life and get the losers out of the way. Then the world would be filled with successors with me as their dictator, mwahaha. Overall, of course we need school. Though I would favor for an alternative.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ok, you are really starting to get me mad. i'm probably more mature then you'll ever be, you low-life jock. i've learned all about that, and i'm with this with Penguinpal6. don't you ever say sometihng like that again. don't test my age. YOUR PWNED'.

No, i don't want to let it slide, i want to see what this two year old can do too me. and i'm at that lucky prvilage, that nature.

excuse me? don't call him kiddie, i can't believe how people are treating people our age on here. your not everything you know.

Dude, they're testing your age because you keep posting rude comments about others...I won't take sides here, but this is beginning a flame war. Just stop arguing...sheesh.

School is important because yes, you need education and so does society. Without education our army would be "driving" tanks that were made out of cardboard. I hate school as much as the next guy, but it is needed. It is more important than almost anything about our country. While school can be a little dreadful and filled with HW, it's essential.

Now for the bad thing about school. School can be unnecessary when you are learning how to get stressed out and nothing more, like with HW machine teachers. There are NO studies that indicate HW raises grades, and if we're at the dang building 7 hours a day, we need our break time.

Overall, school is needed. FACT. It is hardly an opinion, but since this is a poll, it is an opinion...

Pocky

=^_^=
    Years
    I like the learning part, but I hate dealing with the people. Most of them just goof off and act stupid. I only had a few friends, and I looked forward to seeing some teachers^_^ NOT THE STUDENTS!!

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Oh, course school is important, even if
    we don't think so, but school is just
    a building block of our future careers
    an adult life, but some just want to grow
    up to be one of those obese couch potatos.

-ChronicNightmare-

King Gengar

Ghost Hunter
    Years
    Without school we would all die... See if we didnt have school i wouldnt be typing this right now or even visting the website...

Back