• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SCHOOL! SCHOOL'S STARTING! SCHOOL!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Been back in school since the third, and this year sucks. Not with actual school, no, this year, the problem class (Math) is easy so far. However, the school has aggravated my back to such a point where I had to be withdrawn today, since I couldn't sit down at all. Yeah, it sucks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    ...college.... waking up at 5 35.... exciting? pffff yeah right... I gotta wake up early and I miss my Wife like hell... =(

Years
    I thought I was the only one who couldn't wait for school to start. xD I'm starting high school this year, so I can't wait to see if I actually have any friends this year and if it's anywhere near as torturous as my old school. And hey, going to a trade school is certainly something different that I'll be able to brag about.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    I thought I was the only one who couldn't wait for school to start. xD I'm starting high school this year, so I can't wait to see if I actually have any friends this year and if it's anywhere near as torturous as my old school. And hey, going to a trade school is certainly something different that I'll be able to brag about.
    Oh, I'm sure you'll get friends :)

But that's what this thread is for, isn't it? To see who else likes and dislikes school.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    I'm excited since I'm starting a new school this year, also my first year in high school as well. School starts on monday for me next week :D so I have only three days left(two if you don't count this day) to be able to party hard.

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    Aww, 3 months of holidays all at the same time...

Anyway, I live in Singapore and my school terms almost like New Zealand/Australia but since we have summer-like weather all year, our school year is from January to December.

10 weeks from January to March.
    1 week break.
    10 weeks from January to May.
    1 month break.
    10 weeks from June to September.
    1 week break.
    10 weeks from September to November.
    Then a 6 week break before starting all over.

I wish I'd get all 3 months at one go cause the 1 week breaks are usually packed with activities anyway that makes it almost like a school week and the 1 month holiday passes too fast with activities on the first, second and last weeks. School can be such a drag.

On the other hand, I enjoy the subjects and do not so badly as well so... Its quite okay for school.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    We have about two and a half months summer holiday ;) and about a moth holiday around christmas :D:D:D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This year is going to be my last year at Secondary School. After this year, I move on to College and another chapter of my life. Truth be told, Secondary School has been one of the most fun and educational years of my life. It's helped me through a lot and definitely changed who I am for the better.

I'm embarking on my final exams this year as well. I'm expected to get straight A's and I'm working hard towards that. I hope things go well as I want to be able to do some advanced courses in College and University.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Okay. Changed my mind.

I am actually looking forward to it now, seeing as I have received good results for this year's exams; this has made me feel more optimistic about next year. I'm expected to work ridiculously hard to get some A*s :/ but I like a challenge.

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I'm not looking forward to another year at school. We start school in 10 days, so I'm trying to enjoy Summer while it lasts...

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'm definitely looking forward to school. I'm so sick of my summer jobs right now. And I'll finally be able to sleep in again! My earliest class is at 4:00pm. School doesn't actually start until September 14th I believe but I should be moving into my apartment earlier in the month.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Usually I'm not looking forward to it because I don't have any interest in most of the subjects but this year a new school is being built, so that will be interesting.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The only thing im excited about is seeing some of my friends, the learning bits gonna be a drag. :\
    I've only got 2 weeks left :(:(

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    The only thing im excited about is seeing some of my friends, the learning bits gonna be a drag. :\
    I've only got 2 weeks left :(:(
    I hate alot of the learning, especially math and computer(Because we don't even learn anything; we just do stupid stuff in Microsoft Word), but English class (Which I like for the writing assignments, Reading(For the super-fun book reports), Art, and Biology.

It also helps that I'm top of the class and all the teachers love me ^__^

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    ^ I wish it was like that for me! :O I can only imagine what that would be like. I mean, my LA and Science teachers love me because I love those subjects with a passion and I'm really good at them, but... I wish my math teacher would love me as a student. That would be heaven. XD

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    ^ I wish it was like that for me! :O I can only imagine what that would be like. I mean, my LA and Science teachers love me because I love those subjects with a passion and I'm really good at them, but... I wish my math teacher would love me as a student. That would be heaven. XD
    It is heaven, lol
    One of my teachers even let me quit English, a REQUIRED subject, because I hadn't gotten a single answer wrong on assignment and test alike on it for the entire semester xD

Back