• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scizor, Steelix, or Lucario?

Scizor, Steelix or Lucario?

• Scizor

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Steelix

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
  • Lucario, because it's the only one that I use. Though I would love to try Scizor.
    Lucario's moveset is awesome, anyways. XD

And... since I don't like Ground-types, I won't probably use Steelix. D:

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
  • Scizor's the strongest steel type.

Lucario's the strongest pokemon in SSBB.

Steelix is good for the Battle Tower since it's full of OHKO users.

Ayselipera

I was taken away when I first saw Steelix. Which was when I battled Jasmine.

Steelix for sure!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    From a Competitive Standpoint, Scizor is the best of three, though without Bullet Punch that wouldn't be the case. Lucario is in a close second and is OU like Scizor. Steelix is my personal favorite, BUT it is regulated to UU. This is mostly due in part to it's good-but-not-amazing Base 85 Attack

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Lucario has less steel on him then Blastoise! (okay, it might be aluminum, but still!) He should have been psychic fighting, darn it!

Anyways, I'm a bit torn between Steelix and Scizor. They're both good pokes, but in the end, I'll have to choose Sciz, cause even before Bullet Punch, he's proven to be a respectable fighter.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    One thing I wonder about this thread is why a UU like Steelix was chosen to be in the poll, but not the majority of OU Steel-types: Bronzong, Empoleon, Forretress, Heatran, Jirachi, Magnezone, Metagross, and Skarmory.

Is it just becuase it's big and cool-looking? Or did the thread creator actually think it was on the same level as Scizor and Lucario in terms of strength?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Lucario is my favorite out of these, but both others have special places for me too. Due to a noodle incident, whenever I get a Steelix I have to name it Polishine. Scizor is one of my friends favorite Pokemon, and ever since discovering the Bullet Punch combo, the bug's on his way to being an obsession.

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • i was never a big fan of steelix and as for scizor i always prefered his 1st evolution of slither so i have to Lucario he is so COOL he has the aoura or something like that and he's a playable character in BRAWl too. XD

gigapoodle

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Years
  • One thing I wonder about this thread is why a UU like Steelix was chosen to be in the poll, but not the majority of OU Steel-types: Bronzong, Empoleon, Forretress, Heatran, Jirachi, Magnezone, Metagross, and Skarmory.

Is it just becuase it's big and cool-looking? Or did the thread creator actually think it was on the same level as Scizor and Lucario in terms of strength?

I chose Steelix because it seemed more popular than those other ones. Metagross is a Psuedo-Legendary, whereas the others aren't so it wasn't in on this. Jirachi and Heatran are Legendaries. Empoleon is a starter. Forretress, Bronzon, Magnezone, and Skarmory don't seem as popluar as the other three IMO.

That's just what I thought.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Fanboys and their bias...

Has this poll any sense?
    Lucario pwns both... he hasn't so many weaknesses as the others

No, it doesn't have any sense. Lucario's in it, thus tainting any chance at actually healthy debate over which is the superior metalhead.

And you obviously didn't do your research, Scizor has less weaknesses than Lucario, being only weak to Fire. (Granted, it's a 4x weak, but that makes Scizor OBVSOWEAK amirite? >_>)

Lucario owns all and he is the best steel and fighting type pokemon.(besides Riolu) Besides he has useful moves that help often during battles and looks awesome. Thats enough said. :cool:

According to Smogon, Scizor, Heatran and Metagross are all better, since they're in heavier rotation. And if not for the retarded Auraholics, that would account for both types, as Lucario barely gets more usage than Infernape...who would own the fack out of Lucario one-on-one anyway, what with both its STABs hitting Lucario for super-effective.

He has useful moves, but he can be rather predictable as most (who have brain matter between their ears, anyway) will do SD sets or get OHKO'd by tackle.

He doesn't look awesome, either. The 90's called, they want those stupid parachute pants back.

Silly me for being biased against Lucario because I read its ED article and know of all the bad things it and Mewtwo did...

Anti-fanboy reflex aside, I have to give it to Scizor (though I'd prefer not to). It just owns...everything. One of three OU teams use it; that's insane on so many levels and is a testament to just how much ass Scizor kicks.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Steelix!!! It's a SNAKE MADE OF METAL!! How can you honestly not look at a snake made of metal and tell me it's not the greatest thing ever? LOL
    It also looks so EVIL and like it's gonna smack someone with its tail if they even dare look at it the wrong way.

It's pretty much the most intense thing ever ;(

Back