• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screamers

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • tumblr_lnpmfiiUX61qjbmqj.gif

Who hasn't been a victim of one of those? A message from a friend on facebook saying "hey, wanna see a good pic?", or a link claiming to be a download for the lastest released movie...

Share your stories!

Sirfetch’d

Every single day at the server this happens, usually by an annoying troll. I always click too because I'm staff and have to decide if it's ban worthy. I don't enjoy them at all

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    WELL there was this one time I was linked to the animated korean comic about the dead mother looking for her baby.

Let's just say that my soul did not come out in one piece. :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This used to happen to me back when they were more of a thing. That screaming maze and the car video were the most scarring.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • First experience of screamers was the hit the dot one, and a high volume scream and picture of a girl from the Exorcist would pop up. After recuperating from what was akin to a heart attack, I decided to use this newfound power for the trolly good! I scared my cousin's neighbor so hard that he ran out of her house while we were video chatting when Yahoo Messenger was still a thing.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I think I've only actually fallen for a screamer once or twice. The car one got me before it became a big thing. And I don't remember what else got me, but by the time I found out about them most of them were pretty popular and if you hadn't seen it a hundred times you'd been living under a rock.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • WELL there was this one time I was linked to the animated korean comic about the dead mother looking for her baby.

Omfg I thought I was the only one, when that woman turned her head I spilled my drink all over my keyboard and ruined it :(

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • WELL there was this one time I was linked to the animated korean comic about the dead mother looking for her baby.

Omg. The worst one ever. This screamer was the absolute death of me. The image of that woman scarred me and my brother for many, many nights. *shudders*

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years

All of the replies to this are making me really curious.

I didn't really get into the internet until these were starting to go away, so I haven't seen a lot of them. I've seen some, but I didn't have a facebook or email at the time for people to send them my way.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Oh gawd. Can we not? D:

I haven't had any experience with people show them to me. I have had experience browsing youtube in curiosity and coming across them. I jumped so high out of my seat that I almost burst into tears. ;o; I hate them so much and have always been so cautious of them ever since I know they exist.

I did also read this comic once that had some sort of overly creepy image. You scroll down and all of a sudden you see this horrifying one, and I almost cried. As you can tell, I do NOT enjoy stuff like this. I'm so squeamish with horror stuff alone that I freak out so much.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • The_maze_game_thumb.jpg

This little bitch.

That korean comic one definitely got me and both times too. They showed it in our interactive design class one lecture and I'd already seen it then so it didn't get me past the first time. I remember the car one, but it was a long while back so I'm not sure if I was scared of it or not.

Years
  • All of the replies to this are making me really curious.

I didn't really get into the internet until these were starting to go away, so I haven't seen a lot of them. I've seen some, but I didn't have a facebook or email at the time for people to send them my way.

I'd be tempted to share the link with you, but I'm not particularly feeling like crapping my pants today.

Omfg I thought I was the only one, when that woman turned her head I spilled my drink all over my keyboard and ruined it :(

I don't even remember what my reaction to that one was...Simply minding my own business when I came across it, scrolled aimlessly with naivety then I heard the crunching noise of her neck turning and it was, ugh, quite the scare. And there was also the car driving along the winding road one. I will never get back those years of my life.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The maze screamer made me stop using headphones while browsing the internet for a good ~2 years ;___;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok so you people got me curious so I googled the maze screamer and the Korean thing.

The maze screamer wasn't scary to me at all. The Korean comic made my heart beat a little faster though.....at least I didn't shit myself like some of you did.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • If you ever try to link me to one of those bitches I swear I'll ignore you on PC for the rest of my life. I do not take these well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i was like 12 years old, home alone, surfing the internet. I think i was on funnyjunk and I clicked a link to a song, eventually the exorcist face popped up and i jumped out of my chair and bolted behind the kitchen table. never knew i could move that fast until that day, i think i cried.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    I totally thought this was going a different direction. :3

The only screamers I've seen are the ones I've willingly checked out myself, thankfully.

Back