• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
You need to set the script up to continue. I believe this should fix it:

#org @start
'-----------------------------------
trainerbattle 0x1 0x275 0x0 @msg1 @msg2 @next
clearflag 0x3C6
jump @jump

#org @next
msgbox @msg
callstd MSG_SIGN ' Signpost-style message
compare PLAYERFACING LEFT

Also, judging by the fact that you are using callstd, that means you are using an old version of XSE that has some bugs. I would advise going and getting the version that Gamer2020 just put out about a month ago.

I'm using PKSV, not XSE...

anyway i think your solution could be the right way, so thanks and i'm going to try :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hi everyone,
I'm new to scripting, and I've been reading lots of tutorials and picking a few things up. I'm having a problem actually inserting a script onto the map and getting it to run. I can get people to say things/give me pokemon, set flags, and all of that, but the game freezes whenever I try to run even the simplest script event (by that I mean, in advancemaps where you place the 'S' on the screen). I'm using XSE. I even tried copy-pasting other scripts from the game and it still freezes. It compiles and is added to the ROM with no problems.

It seems that most (all?) of the tutorials start from the point of being able to make scripts work, and then explain what to type, which is very helpful, but not exactly the help that I need
Thanks in advance

You need to change a few things so that your script tiles work:

nbMlFmH.png

This is how I have all mine, you just need to replace the 0000 with those numbers. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
I am using XSE and Im having problems with this script, it lets me change what the words people say like changing Bug Catcher to Water Catcher but the script doesnt change the game

'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi everyone,
I'm new to scripting, and I've been reading lots of tutorials and picking a few things up. I'm having a problem actually inserting a script onto the map and getting it to run. I can get people to say things/give me pokemon, set flags, and all of that, but the game freezes whenever I try to run even the simplest script event (by that I mean, in advancemaps where you place the 'S' on the screen). I'm using XSE. I even tried copy-pasting other scripts from the game and it still freezes. It compiles and is added to the ROM with no problems.

It seems that most (all?) of the tutorials start from the point of being able to make scripts work, and then explain what to type, which is very helpful, but not exactly the help that I need
Thanks in advance

I wrote a whole tutorial on this. Google 'Flags, Vars, & Script Tiles'.

You need to change a few things so that your script tiles work:

nbMlFmH.png

This is how I have all mine, you just need to replace the 0000 with those numbers. ;)

You should check out that tutorial too because the var you are using in this picture is highly unsafe, unless you managed to use ASM to repoint vars 5000 and up.

I am using XSE and Im having problems with this script, it lets me change what the words people say like changing Bug Catcher to Water Catcher but the script doesnt change the game

'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

As I said earlier, if you click save, XSE unlinks from the ROM and anything you compile after that won't compile to the rom.

To repair this, go File->Open, and open the ROM. A new tab will open. Copy and paste the script you saved into there and then compile. Now your changes should be made.

Remember, if your new script is longer, you have to repoint or you will overwrite other data.

Last edited:

Bug.Catcher.Nakata

Alert but not Alarmed
Years
Holy flags, thanks so much both of you. That's a really wonderful tutorial Karate Kid, by the way. I changed "unknown" to 3 and it stopped freezing. It's really great to know which flags and vars to use, as well. I really appreciate the enormous volume of work that some of you guys (JPAN, davidJcobb, and I'm sure there are many others) which make this kind of messing around possible for the rest of us!

Years
Hey guys, I need help making this script work. its my first time working with movements in a script.
Spoiler:

None of the movements work. The player goes on the tile, doesn't face his right, hears the text, and then the game freezes. Its Fire Red, if that's relevant. Could someone please tell me how to get movements to work? Thanks!

karatekid552

Years
Hey guys, I need help making this script work. its my first time working with movements in a script.
Spoiler:

None of the movements work. The player goes on the tile, doesn't face his right, hears the text, and then the game freezes. Its Fire Red, if that's relevant. Could someone please tell me how to get movements to work? Thanks!

Movement Raws need to be terminated in #raw 0xFE, like this:

Code:
#dynamic 0x1888BB
#org @start
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
checkflag 0x202
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move4
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move3
warp 0x1 0x5 0x2 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0xC
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= text

#org @1
= text

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Spoiler:

Your movements aren't working because they haven't been terminated properly. Once you've indicating how the OWs should move you need to tell the game that they have finished. You do this by adding '#raw 0xFE' to the end of their movement pointers.

There are also some parts of your script that could be improved for one reason or another, here's what I believe your script should look like:

Code:
#dynamic [COLOR="Red"]0x800000[/COLOR] // Fire Red has a lot of free space from 0x720000 onwards, if you use an earlier pointer then you risk overwriting things if you try to expand things. Most people just start from 0x800000 anyway.

#org @start
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
checkflag 0x202
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF [COLOR="red"]@move2[/COLOR] // When you are inserting a completely new script it is best to use dynamic pointers rather than static ones unless you are purposely try to overwrite something
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move3
[COLOR="red"]waitmovement 0x0[/COLOR] // Without this command the script will end before @move3 has a chance to be finished
warp 0x1 0x5 0x2 0x0 0x0
[COLOR="red"]release
end[/COLOR] // These can be deleted as the script will immediately end when the warp is activated

#org @move
#raw 0x3
[COLOR="red"]#raw 0xFE[/COLOR] // This is needed to tell the game that the movement is finished

#org [COLOR="red"]@move2[/COLOR]
#raw 0x9
[COLOR="red"]#raw 0xFE[/COLOR]

#org @move3
#raw 0xC
[COLOR="red"]#raw 0xFE[/COLOR]

#org @2
= text

#org @1
= text

EDIT: plz stop ninjaing me karatekid ;_;

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Game: Pokémon FireRed Version 1.0
Editor: Pokescript

Hey guys, I need help with this script right here:

Spoiler:

It's for getting the Aurora Ticket and clearing the flag, so that the sailor on Vermilion City port will let me go to Birth Island. (Or Navel Rock if I change the flag to "0x2F0" and giveitem to "0x172", I think.)
The script itself works alright, but the sailor does not recognizes it.
What am I doing wrong? Could someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

SilvioG.S

Last edited:

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Script editor: XSE
How can I make the event continue after losing a trainer battle? I mean, how not to make respawn to PokéCenter when I'm lost?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
trainerbattle 0x9 or trainer battle 0x3(?) I believe. there's a thread around here that goes over these.

karatekid552

Years
0x9 works but contains a help text (That Prof. Oak thing.), if I could remove this help thing... 0x3 contains only defeat text. Still respawns.

Jambo51 says that it can be removed through battle scripting. Don't bug him about it, but when you get good enough at hacking, start learning battle scripting and then remove the lines of text.

To find the script, work backwards from the offset given of the text you found searching in A-trainer. It may be a while before you fully understand what I mean, but when you do, you are ready to remove it.

trainerbattle 0x9 or trainer battle 0x3(?) I believe. there's a thread around here that goes over these.

0x3 continues the script after battle like the trainerbattle was a normal command. It still respwans you if you lose, but it is used in the E4 script to continue on. 0x9 does work, but you have to listen to my above response.

Game: Pokémon FireRed Version 1.0
Editor: Pokescript

Hey guys, I need help with this script right here:

Spoiler:

It's for getting the Aurora Ticket and clearing the flag, so that the sailor on Vermilion City port will let me go to Birth Island. (Or Navel Rock if I change the flag to "0x2F0" and giveitem to "0x172", I think.)
The script itself works alright, but the sailor does not recognizes it.
What am I doing wrong? Could someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

SilvioG.S

Sorry, but people aren't going to help you much since none of the accomplished hackers use Pokescript. It is too old.

However, after you switch to a new editor like XSE or PKSVUI, Google 'Flags, Vars, & Script Tiles'. You made a major error in flag choice, so read my whole tutorial to find out why.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Hello dear poke comunity,

my name is Wasserblau, i m from germany. i try to create my own pokemon edition based on the firered edition (GER). at the start of the game you shouldnt get a startpokemon by choosing one of the three. i want too make it able to self-catch a starterpokemon by throwing a Starterball based on the Masterball. the code for making this is based on the safari zone scriptcode.
it doesent work how it should?
i won´t 30 safari balls and 500 steps. i want unlimited steps and just 1 "Starterball".

Game: Fire red German
Script:

#org
special 0xCD
setvar 0x406E 0x2
waitspecial
storeitem 0x0 0x2500
hidebox 0x1 0xF 0x0 0x22
#raw 0xEB
addvar 0x908 0x6B04
end

It would be greatfull if someone of you can help me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I have done a very similar script for my "Ultra Violet Version" hack although I left the safari game mechanics alone...

making a new ball (starterball) I dont see being too difficult...(make a new item with all the same data as the masterball except the image, name, and description... done) but by starting the safari game it automatically gives you 30 safari balls... you will need to change the safari game mechanics...

now to get unlimited steps I simply made the game start over after every battle... this gave the player another 600 steps and what are the chances of them not getting into a battle after 600 steps... I also had a few flag checks so IF they tried to not get into a battle for 600 steps the safari game would reset aswell... although i dont think anyone has ever tried (other than myself to test it)

if your firered WONT have a real safari game than you should not have an issue altering the safari mechanics... if you want to keep the real safar aswell as your own... you will need some ASM scripting im sure... I cannot help past that.

here is the script I used to restart the game(also the same script that ENDS the game if you caught a pokemon, keeping the player from catching the possible 30 pokemon):
Spoiler:

if the player does walk 600 steps without fighting the safari game warps them to the real safari game map (in fuchsia city) so I had to go there and add another small script to get the game back started.

here it is:

Spoiler:

I hope this helped man

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
Ok, so I'm attempting to translate a Japanese Fire Red hack, but before I actually go about the translating I'm trying to figure out how to actually get the English text to display correctly as in the speech bubbles after entering some English text, when I tested it in-game, there were huge spaces and missing words and some words even over lapped other words and I don't really know how to go about fixing this, also the hiragana, katakana and kanji seem to appear like this in PKSV "\h0A\h0A\h1A \h6F\h5B\h77 \h60\h53\h7E\n\h6F\h5B\h77\h1A \h1F\h50\h0C\h2B \h1A\h3D\h1F\h28\h19\h02\h2B" and not as actual hiragana, katakana or kanji so I don't really know what's going on so any help would be great

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
your words overlap because you are not telling them to be on another line... you use text commands like /p /n and /l to seperate lines... that should atleast solve some of your problem...

/p = make a new text box after pressing A
/n = make a new line in a text box(auto loads)
/l = make a new line in a text box after pressing A

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok, so I'm attempting to translate a Japanese Fire Red hack, but before I actually go about the translating I'm trying to figure out how to actually get the English text to display correctly as in the speech bubbles after entering some English text, when I tested it in-game, there were huge spaces and missing words and some words even over lapped other words and I don't really know how to go about fixing this, also the hiragana, katakana and kanji seem to appear like this in PKSV "\h0A\h0A\h1A \h6F\h5B\h77 \h60\h53\h7E\n\h6F\h5B\h77\h1A \h1F\h50\h0C\h2B \h1A\h3D\h1F\h28\h19\h02\h2B" and not as actual hiragana, katakana or kanji so I don't really know what's going on so any help would be great
Those things are hex representation of kana and kanji in ROM.
It doesn't seem to be present in English ROM, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back