• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Hi. Can someone help me with my script?
When I use this script, game is pausing (I mean sound still plays, but I and all of NPC's can't move).
Code:
#dynamic 0x800240

#org @start
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto @endofscript
checkflag 0x10A
if 0x1 goto @endofscript
applymovement 0xff @move
waitmovement 0x0
preparemsg @youhaveto
waitmsg
release
end

#org @endofscript
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @youhaveto
= [player], you have to talk with he!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Do waitmovement 0xFF since you are waiting for the player.

I dont know if it is about script or not, but how to change the intro? I mean the text, i dont want to change the picture.

Use advance text. Vm me if you want it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
your words overlap because you are not telling them to be on another line... you use text commands like /p /n and /l to seperate lines... that should atleast solve some of your problem...

/p = make a new text box after pressing A
/n = make a new line in a text box(auto loads)
/l = make a new line in a text box after pressing A

Awesome, that'll help with some of the issue's I'm having.

Those things are hex representation of kana and kanji in ROM.
It doesn't seem to be present in English ROM, though.

Yeah, I figured that was gonna be what that coding was, now I just need to find out how to change the amount of space there is between actual word's now.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hi. Can someone help me with my script?
When I use this script, game is pausing (I mean sound still plays, but I and all of NPC's can't move).
Code:
#dynamic 0x800240

#org @start
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto @endofscript
checkflag 0x10A
if 0x1 goto @endofscript
applymovement 0xff @move
waitmovement 0x0
preparemsg @youhaveto
waitmsg
release
end

#org @endofscript
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @youhaveto

It worked fine for me when I tried it. Have you assigned it to a green script tile? If you have then its likely that you haven't altered the unknown and variable windows correctly. Here's an example of what they should look like:

after%20change.jpg

Do waitmovement 0xFF since you are waiting for the player.

waitmovement 0x0 works on all OWs, including the player.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
@UP
I can type only something like this:
Unknown: $XX
Var numver: $XXXX
So i can't type "300" (i can type only 2 digits).

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Now, game isn't pausing, but nothing happen.

I edited it to:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800240
msgbox 0x880043C MSG_KEEPOPEN '"TEST!/n IT'S WORKING!"
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto 0x880026F
checkflag 0x10A
if 0x1 goto 0x880026F
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800272
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880041C MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player], you have to talk with he..."
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x80026F
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80043C
= TEST!\n IT'S WORKING!

#org 0x80041C

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800272
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
and still nothing happen.

@EDIT
This scripit isn't working too:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800460

#org @start
msgbox @test MSG_KEEPOPEN
release
end

#org @test
= TEST!/n IT'S WORKING!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
Hey everyone. Roughneck JB here - Long time lurker, first time hacker.

I just started a FireRed ROM hack, and I've finished scripting up to the point where you receive your Starter & battle your Rival, (as well as a few late-game events), and have somehow managed to permanently stop all wild pokemon from appearing.

I can't find any record of this happening in other tutorials or help questions, nor can I find any flag or variable which could be responsible.
Does anyone here know how to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
So after a good few hours of searching around the forums and Google, I have yet to find anything that point's me in the direction of changing how big the spaces are in the Japanese pokemon games, and as anyone with any knowledge of the Japanese language can tell you that the spaces are pretty big overall, which doesn't really work when your trying to have sentences in any kind of language that uses some form of Alphabet (such as English :V ) so any help would be AMAZING!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

I just started a FireRed ROM hack, and I've finished scripting up to the point where you receive your Starter & battle your Rival, (as well as a few late-game events), and have somehow managed to permanently stop all wild pokemon from appearing.

I can't find any record of this happening in other tutorials or help questions, nor can I find any flag or variable which could be responsible.

There are several vars that control repel steps. Did you touch them?:D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Now, game isn't pausing, but nothing happen.

I edited it to:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800240
msgbox 0x880043C MSG_KEEPOPEN '"TEST!/n IT'S WORKING!"
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto 0x880026F
checkflag 0x10A
if 0x1 goto 0x880026F
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800272
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880041C MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player], you have to talk with he..."
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x80026F
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80043C
= TEST!\n IT'S WORKING!

#org 0x80041C

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800272
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
and still nothing happen.

@EDIT
This scripit isn't working too:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800460

#org @start
msgbox @test MSG_KEEPOPEN
release
end

#org @test
= TEST!/n IT'S WORKING!

If something simple like your second script isn't working then you are probably using an outdated version of XSE. The most recent release was XSE 1.1.1 which you can download here. Every version of XSE was supposed to auto-update to the most recent build but that system has been broken for a few years now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024

if you were editing the maps (or making new ones) and added pokemon, maybe you forgot to set the encounter rate (not percentage) above 0... if its 0 you have a 0% chance of walking into a pokemon...

of course this is map specific

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
@LocksmithArmy, that was my first guess too, but I changed the encounter rates several times & it did nothing.

@Karatekid552, that sounds plausible. I'll try & find out which vars trigger Repel mechanics. Thanks! :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
OK, the only Vars I saw which sound like suspects are 4020 - 4025, and I haven't triggered any of them. I even tried a Level script which changed the setting for 4020, and all that did was display the "Repel wore off" message every few steps...

Are there any other known causes?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
OK, the only Vars I saw which sound like suspects are 4020 - 4025, and I haven't triggered any of them. I even tried a Level script which changed the setting for 4020, and all that did was display the "Repel wore off" message every few steps...

Are there any other known causes?

Behavior Bytes. Open up A-Map and go into the block editor after you open up any out door map. Goto the grass tile, and make sure the behavior bytes is set to 02 02 and the background bytes are 00 01. This goes for all tiles that have grass on them. Also, you must click save indivigually for all tiles.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

i've two scripts. The first one works fine, if player is facing up the movement apply is different. This is the code:

compare PLAYERFACING UP
if == jump 0x8153B49 ' Equal To
jump 0x8153B59

The second one does not. It enter in LEFT block although player is facing up. This is the code:

compare PLAYERFACING LEFT
if == jump 0x874238A ' Equal To
compare PLAYERFACING RIGHT
if == jump 0x874237B ' Equal To
jump 0x8742399

The only difference is in the first case is a person event (so you have to talk with a person for start the script) while in the second is a script event associated with a tile block.

I'm using PKSV, can anyone help me?

NB. during test in the second case i have also added a faceplayer before but nothing change.

Thanks a lot

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I'm making a movement script and I ran into a problem... It works fine like this:
Spoiler:

But I don't want the sprite to disappear I want it to say something else if you walk to it again. So I tried to add a flag and it glitched the game...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
Behavior Bytes. Open up A-Map and go into the block editor after you open up any out door map. Goto the grass tile, and make sure the behavior bytes is set to 02 02 and the background bytes are 00 01. This goes for all tiles that have grass on them. Also, you must click save indivigually for all tiles.

Yep. I did indeed forget that I'd changed a lot of background bytes to 00 20 some time ago. Thanks so much! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back