• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0x1 0x2
    msgbox @1 0x6
    setwildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0
    special 0x138
    playsong 0x299 0x0
    hidesprite 0x800D
    setflag 0x105
    release
    end

#org @1
    = A wild Bulbasaur attacks!

I use this code for legendary Pokemons. But one what I did with it wrong? Everytime when I start battle sprite not vanished but they reapeared sometimes. Someone can help? I use Pokemon Ruby.

Years
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0x1 0x2
    msgbox @1 0x6
    special 0x138
    playsong 0x299 0x0
    hidesprite 0x800D
    setflag 0x105
    release
    end

#org @1

I use this code for legendary Pokemons. But one what I did with it wrong? Everytime when I start battle sprite not vanished but they reapeared sometimes. Someone can help? I use Pokemon Ruby.
    Are you sure the sprite's ID in Advance-Map is set to 105??
    If yes, then either you're clearing that flag in an other script or it is not a safe flag for such a use.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0x1 0x2
    msgbox @1 0x6
    special 0x138
    playsong 0x299 0x0
    hidesprite 0x800D
    setflag 0x105
    release
    end

#org @1

You used flag 105, so go to the overworld sprite for the pokemon that you're battling and where it says "Person ID" set it 105

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    I'd like to modify the damage done by wrap/firespin during the end of phase part. (the 1/16th of Max hp)

someone told me I can use the BSP to easily edit the damage done at this part. I read the guide for the BSP but have trouble understanding it as I just started out hacking.

here is the script for wrap
    Spoiler:

can someone tell me what I'd need to modify in order to do this?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    You used flag 105, so go to the overworld sprite for the pokemon that you're battling and where it says "Person ID" set it 105

Ok. But when I set right flag in the A-Map. My OW dissapeared totaly. It do not show correctly. When I put normaly this script. It was never endless battle. But with put right flag. It do not show even, that I do not start an battle.

Years
    hi friends i made a script but have some problems i think u guys can solve it so i m here.Friends i made a script such that when i talk to a pidgey the screen fades assuming that it is evolving and then a pidgeotto's ow appears and when i talk to it it flees.It works but there is a problem that how to keep pidgeottto's ow hidden until i talk to piddgey and it evolves to pidgeotto?
    by the way here is the script

'---------------
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0x10 0x0
    msgbox 0x8800038 MSG_NORMAL '"PIDGEY: Pidgey!!!!!"
    waitcry
    fadescreen 0x3
    hidesprite 0x1
    fadescreen 0x2
    setflag 0x500
    showsprite 0x2
    cry 0x11 0x0
    msgbox 0x880004E MSG_NORMAL '"PIDGEOTTO: Pidgeo!!!!!!"
    waitcry
    fadescreen 0x1
    hidesprite 0x2
    fadescreen 0x0
    setflag 0x300
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x800038
    = PIDGEY: Pidgey!!!!!

#org 0x80004E
    = PIDGEOTTO: Pidgeo!!!!!!

please tell me a solution to this also pidgeottos person event is 2 while pidgeys person event is 1 and pidgeotto's movement type is hidden

Years
    I'd like to modify the damage done by wrap/firespin during the end of phase part. (the 1/16th of Max hp)
    No, altering the damage requires you to find the check for "trapped" and do some ASM hacking to it, depending on how you want to modify the damage and how Game Freak did the effect, it can be done by a simple and easy Hex editing, but you need to find the check first.

Ok. But when I set right flag in the A-Map. My OW dissapeared totaly. It do not show correctly. When I put normaly this script. It was never endless battle. But with put right flag. It do not show even, that I do not start an battle.

This means one thing, the flag you're trying to use (0x105) was already set before. Some flags are set by default, or you have a script that sets 0x105 before this event. You have 2 solutions:
    _ Clear the flag before the event takes place.
    _ Use a different flag.

hi friends i made a script but have some problems i think u guys can solve it so i m here.Friends i made a script such that when i talk to a pidgey the screen fades assuming that it is evolving and then a pidgeotto's ow appears and when i talk to it it flees.It works but there is a problem that how to keep pidgeottto's ow hidden until i talk to piddgey and it evolves to pidgeotto?
    by the way here is the script

please tell me a solution to this also pidgeottos person event is 2 while pidgeys person event is 1 and pidgeotto's movement type is hidden

You need to setflag 0x300 before the event takes place.
    Clear the flag after Pidgey evolves
    Set it a second time when Pidgeotto flees away.

Note: If you're hack FireRed, flags 0x300 and 0x500 are not safe to use. flags between 0x200 and 0x2FF are the most safe flags to use, inclusive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    No, altering the damage requires you to find the check for "trapped" and do some ASM hacking to it, depending on how you want to modify the damage and how Game Freak did the effect, it can be done by a simple and easy Hex editing, but you need to find the check first.

thank you for clearing that up.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    How would I make a script that as the player walks, someone behind him follows him/her? Sorta like in RSE in Oldale town, that you follow the Shop guy and he gives you a potion, but this time, you're walking and someone's following you. Fire Red btw, if it matters.

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
    How would I make a script that as the player walks, someone behind him follows him/her? Sorta like in RSE in Oldale town, that you follow the Shop guy and he gives you a potion, but this time, you're walking and someone's following you. Fire Red btw, if it matters.
    Try these I think they might help:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204651
    Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years

Just have the same applymovement of the player and the other person. I recommend you take XSE scripting tutorial.

Example:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    msgbox @1 0x1
    applymovement 0x1 @move
    applymovement 0xFF @follow1
    waitmovement 0x0
    release 
    end

#org @1
    = Follow me!

#org @move
    #raw 0x11 = Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 0x0 = Face Down

#org @follow1

Try these I think they might help:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204651
    Spoiler:

I think this one is for HG/SS and he clearly meant from RSE :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Hey there people, I'm working on a ROM hack and I wanted to include an old man in Reclend Village (the first town) who gives you a Teachy TV. My script is in the spoiler tag, what's wrong with it?!
    The error message is that I'm missing #define.

Spoiler:

What's going on? I'm using XSE on FireRed, btw.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey there people, I'm working on a ROM hack and I wanted to include an old man in Reclend Village (the first town) who gives you a Teachy TV. My script is in the spoiler tag, what's wrong with it?!
    The error message is that I'm missing #define.

Spoiler:

What's going on? I'm using XSE on FireRed, btw.

XSE already told you which line in your script has a #define problem, you just didn't pay attention.
    Anyway, your XSE doesn't have the file std.rbh, download it and put it where XSE.exe is.
    Meanwhile, you can use this instruction giveitem 0x366 0x1 0x2. (0x2 = MSG_OBTAIN)

Years
    But i don't see any scripts on the TVs nor the persons in the house with the tv have any special scrips except msgbox.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    But i don't see any scripts on the TVs nor the persons in the house with the tv have any special scrips except msgbox.

You can add a Script, but it will be no more special that a Msgbox. Like you can add TV shows, like in BW, when you talk to TV, it'll start a show, but only normal Msgbox.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back