• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    That's a script that, after reading a sign that says "who read there will be unlucky", and then setsweather to thunderstorm, then should say "Happy? :)".

Spoiler:

First problem, i need someway to have the weather change apply. Some kind of blinking effect could work? how to do it?

Second one, the script doesn't write the second message. Why?

trivium

pokemon trainer
    Years
    ??????????????????????????????????????

i need a lot of help, first i need to kno how to do the when you walk out of town, prof birch comes out and takes you back to his lab to pick a starter pokemon. also if any of you guy are looking for a hack to do, i need a lot of help, so just pm me.

Years
    I've got the bigest problem - I can't make any script. I'm using ScriptED from Elite Map 3.7
    When I'm opening elite map, holding ctrl and clicking for some script (ScriptED is opening with this script), and when i'm changing something, I just don't know how to save changes <rotfl>
    I'm using Ruby Version, Please not delete this post...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    First problem, i need someway to have the weather change apply. Some kind of blinking effect could work? how to do it?

After using the setweather command, you have also to use the doweather command to apply the changes made by setweather.

Second one, the script doesn't write the second message. Why?

You should always make sure to preserve enough free space for each script. In your example, the scripts are too close and when compiling some parts get overwritten.

I've adjusted the script for you. Compare it with yours and then try it. It should work fine, even if I didn't tested.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    lol thx. now the weather doesn't change ever if i check the item menù XD. the "doweather" command seems to abort the previous one. i tried also with "doweather 0x5", but nothing. i can assure that without it, the script works (but u need the check menu-trick).

by the way, the second message now it's displayed. sad for not raining ç_ç

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Well I know it's possible how would you make a script of running into a shiny Tyraintar, I know the basic wild battle script but I saw in Shiny Gold that Zel made Gyarados shiny, this is for ruby here's the basic script:

#org 0x800000
    cry 0x28 0x14
    wildbattle 0xF8 0x27 0x0
    cry 0xA1 0xF8
    end

I know that it has to do with ASM and Hex Editing and what not.

I also now that Shiny Encouter stuff would be different for Ruby...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2007
    I Need Help!!! I Made A Script But I Need To Know How To Put In A Certain Part Of The Game!!!! How Do I Find Offsets?!?!

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    I Need Help!!! I Made A Script But I Need To Know How To Put In A Certain Part Of The Game!!!! How Do I Find Offsets?!?!

Make a person/sign/script (That you walk over) in Advance Map and put the offset of the script in the Script Offset box. To find offsets, use a hex-editor and look for large areas full of 00's or FF's.

pokemonlover93

The Crystal Sharder.
    Years
    Ok......I'm trying to make a script but evertime it says run time error mismatch when i copy it and i can't do anything i need a script where in firered someone just says they dont ant this eevee anymore and just toss it out........scripting is hard.......

Hedgehogger

Years
    What is the flag to enable the "Pokemon" option at the Menu Screen? I know it's probably 0x800, but it makes my rom restart or freeze every time I use the script..and could I get an example of what it'd look like in the script? This is for Ruby.

PS, I already tried "special MENU_PARTY". And as for PokemonLover93...

Ok......I'm trying to make a script but evertime it says run time error mismatch when i copy it and i can't do anything i need a script where in firered someone just says they dont ant this eevee anymore and just toss it out........scripting is hard.......

When you say "Toss it out", do you mean, throw the Pokeball away, throw away the Eevee, or give you the Pokemon as you're speaking to the person?

If it's the latter, try:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    hi
    i need to know how to look at existing scripts in a rom.

i need this because in fr when you trie to leave pallet town oak stops you and takes you to his lab. i need oak to allready be in the lab ready to let you take the pokemon

thanks in advance

Hedgehogger

Years
    hi
    i need to know how to look at existing scripts in a rom.

i need this because in fr when you trie to leave pallet town oak stops you and takes you to his lab. i need oak to allready be in the lab ready to let you take the pokemon

thanks in advance

First, open ScriptED, then go to open, and change the file you're opening to .gba, so you can open your ROM. Then copy the offset from the script shown in Advance Map and paste it into the "000000" and hit Load to see it...but some scripts may be too big for ScriptED, and end up making it crash.

linkandzelda

Years
    thanks for the reply
    i tryed that but i just get somthing like this

'-----------------------
    #org 0x16929F
    #raw 0x0

that does not tell me much.

if you can help more that would be good
    thanks

Hedgehogger

Years
    thanks for the reply
    i tryed that but i just get somthing like this

'-----------------------
    #org 0x16929F
    #raw 0x0

that does not tell me much.

if you can help more that would be good
    thanks

You might wanna try 169595...but his script is so huge it'll crash...and it's incredibly complex anyway. If you want Oak to already be in his lab at the start, I would probably try to make another Prof. Oak standing where the original is. It worked for me in my Test Copy of Azure Blue. :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2007
    How Can I Place A Give Pokemon Script In The Beginning Of The Game So That My Player Can Automatically Have A Pokemon In My Party!!??

Please I Need Help On "Where" IN THE ROM To Put It Help!!!

linkandzelda

Years
    thanks for that.

i had an idea that is there some sort of flag thats set when you try to leave. if so i could make a new script setting that flag or somthing like that. anyway

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    How Can I Place A Give Pokemon Script In The Beginning Of The Game So That My Player Can Automatically Have A Pokemon In My Party!!??

Please I Need Help On "Where" IN THE ROM To Put It Help!!!

You could put a trigger in the very beginning of the game which gives you a Pokémon and enables the Pokémon menu.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    I need a script that gives you a Totodile, but only AFTERyou have recued Prof, Birch from the Poochyena. I am using a Sapphire ROM. Thanks! Oh, the script should be for PokeScript.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    I need help with "giving" script I want to be able to talk to a person and then he will say something and give me a item then after he gave the item he will say something else everytime I talk with him.

Is it able to unlock hm's trough scripts? If so how?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back