• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sorry thethethethe, but there's something bug in script you make for me - man goes 4 squares down, but then he's where he was before - can you make him disapper after going this 4 squares?

[EDIT]: But i still have some problems - all scripts that I'm pluging in to rom makes people that have they're offse talking japaneesee - what's wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for helping, but now the screen just goes red >_<.

Should I delete everyone and make new people so there aren't two scripts for the one guy?

That could Work. It's up to you.

I have finally learned to script(yay me) but I don't have all the commands memorized yet(basic commands I mean) so I will list the ones in order that I know and then can someone tell me what I am missing?

#org $offset
    message $offset
    if B_True(might be wrong) goto $offset
    ???Box 6
    release

I know, I'm hopless right, well I am trying to get better and this is how I'm doing it.
    end

I don't understand what you mean. ???Box 6 isn't a command. Don't you mean boxset 6(callstd 6)

Sorry thethethethe, but there's something bug in script you make for me - man goes 4 squares down, but then he's where he was before - can you make him disapper after going this 4 squares?

[EDIT]: But i still have some problems - all scripts that I'm pluging in to rom makes people that have they're offse talking japaneesee - what's wrong?

put 0200 in the people id of the person you want to disappear.

Hi!

How are you doing!

I need really please a really complete script!

Firstable you encounter a Rocket and it battle you with this dialogue:

What the heck are you doing here?!?!
    Are you going to stop me for robbing these Pokemon?
    Alrught meanie, lets battle!

(battle) he has a LV 5 Abra only

(After you won)

Humph.... I lost......
    I have to tell to Boss. See ya!

ABRA! Teleport me to the base!(There the rocket dissapears)

Thanks!

Here is the basic outline of the script you asked for. You need to edit the pokemon of the trainer. This can't be done with scripting. Also you need to replace the ?? with the people number of the Rocket OW. Also you might want to add some movements for the disappeared sprite after the battle, because it can still be interacted with. Just add the wanted movements after the 0x60.
    Here are a basic list
    Left:0x1F
    Right:0x1D
    Up:0x1E
    Down:0x20
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 1 0x001 $before $after $further
    release
    end

#org $before
    $before 1 =What the heck are you\ndoing here?!?!\pAre you going to stop me from\nstealing these Pokemon?\pAlrught meanie, lets battle!

#org $after
    $after 2 =Humph....\pI lost......

#org $further
    message $here
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x?? $move
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $move
    $move 1 ; #binary 0x60 0xFE

#org $here
    $here 1 =I have to tell to Boss.\nSee ya! ABRA!\pTeleport me to the base!

Hope that helps everyone.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    thethethethe said:
    I'd say try to remove all the gaps between all the commands so write it lie this. I'm going to rewrite the script how I would I'm also going to add thew setflags.
    Spoiler:

Hmm,still doesn't work,perhaps because I'm using database 1.0(1.2 screws up)

Years
  • Sorry thethethethe but I'm still not so good at scripts, socan you put it for me - in that script you make? - I don't know where is people id :(

Years
  • Sorry thethethethe but I'm still not so good at scripts, socan you put it for me - in that script you make? - I don't know where is people id :(

The people id is in advance map, when you click on the OW, on the right hand side all these descriptions should appear, eg. people no., sprite no. Unknown, move type, put the 0200(?Cant remember, whas that it?) in the people Id section. This is so that the sprite remains disappeared,

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Spoiler:

That's what I have now,three problems:
    -I'm still locked after the last movement.
    -How do I determine people ID to make sprite 1 invisible before the script?
    -Everytime I try to put in the "playsound" and "fadesound" command,sprite 1 is invisble before the battle and no music is heard at all.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    No.1: The girl in FireRed when I start the game is in the wrong place, how do I fix that.

The girl in Pallet Town is moved in the "wrong" place by the level script. If you don't want her to move, simply remove the pointer to the level script in the map header. Another solution could be to change the girl's number to something else.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Alrighty, I'm brand new at ROM hacking, and was wondering if there is a script that will simply allow me to create a wild encounter? As well, in the script, how do I:

1) Select the music (a list of possible values would help)
    2) Set all Pokemon to shiny before the battle and then return them to normal values afterward
    3) Make the Pokemon hold an item

Years
  • So I decided to do my own script. When I said var...I was meaning flags. o.O;

Anyways..
    Code:
    #org $GameThe
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x800
    if B_True goto $Gotitall
    message $Ev1
    $Wing1 = Ah! Just the one I was looking for!/pI have this POKEMON thats parents abandoned it. Please, take it./lI insist.
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 133 5 8B
    jingle
    message $Ev2
    $GotGull 1 = You Recieved a EEVEE!
    boxset 6
    message $EvName
    $NameGull 1 = Would You like to give EEVEE a name?
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if b_False goto $GiveDex
    Namepokemon
    setflag 0x205
    goto $GiveDex

#org $GiveDex
    setflag 0x800
    setflag 0x801
    message $Pokedex1
    $Pokedex1 = Well, EEVEE seems to/lbe happy it has a new trainer./pLook, I have a favor to ask you./pI have a Pokedex, but I need someone to fill it up. /lPlease take it. It will help/lyou on your quest./pNow go. Go explore the region of Sezion.
    boxset 6
    jingle
    message $GotDex
    $Gotdex 1 = You got the Pokedex!
    boxset 6
    end

#org $NoBall
    message $Lastball
    $Lastball 1 = The region of Sezion awaits you./lYou need me no longer.
    boxset 6
    release
    end

It compiles fine, but when I give the offset for GameThe to the aide in the lab, when I press A at him in game, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance. x.x

that's because of this
    Code:
    message $Ev1
    $Wing1 = Ah! Just the one I was looking for!/pI have this POKEMON thats parents abandoned it. Please, take it./lI insist.
    boxset 6

It should be this.
    Code:
    message $Ev1
    [B]$Ev1 1[/B] = Ah! Just the one I was looking for!/pI have this POKEMON thats parents abandoned it. Please, take it./lI insist.
    boxset 6

You have done this to almost every message. Make sure the pointers are the same.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Alrighty, I'm brand new at ROM hacking, and was wondering if there is a script that will simply allow me to create a wild encounter? As well, in the script, how do I:

1) Select the music (a list of possible values would help)
    2) Set all Pokemon to shiny before the battle and then return them to normal values afterward
    3) Make the Pokemon hold an item

1) Well, the command to change the music in a map is "playsound 0x??" replace the "??" with the music values in Advance Map.

2) That requires ASM hacking. There is a tutorial on how to do it in the Document and Tutorial section.

3)You mean for the wild battle? I don't think you can. However, you can rig a script to give you an item after the battle. To attach a hold item to a Pokemon in a givepokemon script you'd use: "givepokemon 0x? 0x?? 0x???". Now, "?" is the Pokemon's hex value, "??" is the level (in hex also. Ex. 13 is D in hex), and "???" is the hold item's hex value.

Your wild encounter script would go something like this:
    Code:
    #org 0x(offset)
    lock
    checkflag 0x(flag offset)
    if 0x1 goto 0x(offset2)
    setflag 0x(same flag offset as checkflag)
    cry PKMN_(Pokemon)
    wildbattle 0x(Pokemon) 0x(level) 0x(battle style)
    release
    end

#org 0x(offset2)
    release
    end

Alrighty? There are four battle styles: 0, 1, 2, and 3. They control the music and such of the battle. Is that okay?

Years
  • Alright. It works now.
    Expect the following happens:
    The safari zone thing pops up at the menu, not pokemon o_O
    It actually says /p and /l, it doesn't make new lines.

I fixed all the pointers, but this still happens. Everything else works out fine.

That's because it should be \p. I'm getting tired of answering this same question. Change tha setflag 0x800 to 0x828 and change the 0x801 to 0x829. And if you want the National Dex
    add setflag 0x16F in the script.

PokeFanatic12698

Legendary Trainer
    Years
  • I need some help badly. How can i make a shiny encounter script for poketscript, and a diaolog script for poketscript? Any help would be gladly apreaciated!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Requesting many scripts. (If you do any of these you will be mentioned in the credits)

1. A script for a person that when you talk too them, they give you the national dex. After talking to them, they go up one square then warp(?) I'm not sure but they dissapear.

2. The script for the guard on the west side of saffron, to be changed so you need the tea, and the first badge, instead the 3rd 4th or 5th badge (not sure which...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back