• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Please search the thread next time. Hackmew posted this about 5 or so pages back. Here put this into the script.
    Well just replace PP and QQ witht the pokemon hex numbers(Look in the Glitchfinders,Hex editing evos's tutorial) and #raw 76 is used to close the picture box.
    Code:
    #raw 75
    #raw PP
    #raw QQ
    #raw 0A
    #raw 03
    #raw 76

One question, about the PP and QQ part, how do you find out the pokemon's hex numbers? I looked at evo's tutorial, but it doesn't list each pokemons numbers... Idk Im really confused on the PP and QQ part

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Hey guys I've jut started scripting and i am experiencing some problems... I've tried everything but for some reason my script doesn't work. I have edited it so it is simple...

#org $go
    trainerbattle 1 0x15F $before $after
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $before
    $before 1 = Hmmmm...\nSo this is Sylvia's house?\pHey! Who are you!?

#org $after
    $after 1 = I can't believe I lost to you! Boss\nwon't be happy... I'd better get out\pof here...

This script isn't the problem but I can't seem to change it to my liking.

1) I want the Grunt to say "Hmmmm... So this is Sylvia's house?" without turning to face you
    2) I want him to then face you and say "Hey! Who are you!?"
    3) I want a battle to start (already in)
    4) After defeating the grunt I want him to say "I can't believe I lost to a kid!"
    5) After the battle screen exits I want him to say "Arrghh... Boss won't be happy. I'd better get out of here..."
    6) I then want the screen to flash and i want the Grunt to be gone.

Can anyone help me with my script?

Years
  • One question, about the PP and QQ part, how do you find out the pokemon's hex numbers? I looked at evo's tutorial, but it doesn't list each pokemons numbers... Idk Im really confused on the PP and QQ part

Oh,sorry about that. I thought I got them from there, guess I was wrong, Here they are.
    Spoiler:

Hey guys I've jut started scripting and i am experiencing some problems... I've tried everything but for some reason my script doesn't work. I have edited it so it is simple...

#org $go
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $before

#org $after
    $after 1 = I can't believe I lost to you! Boss\nwon't be happy... I'd better get out\pof here...

1) I want the Grunt to say "Hmmmm... So this is Sylvia's house?" without turning to face you
    4) After defeating the grunt I want him to say "I can't believe I lost to a kid!"
    5) After the battle screen exits I want him to say "Arrghh... Boss won't be happy. I'd better get out of here..."

I'd say try writing it for a trigger event instead of a people event. And also if you want the Grunt to dissapear, you'll have to use this
    trainerbattle 1 0x15F $before $after $further
    and then sontinue your script from $further.

Years
  • Tyvm thethe dragon, I wish there was a +karma button feature on these forums I'd give you it =)

Another question, the pictures for each of the three pokeballs pop up perfectly and display the correct picture (either charmeleon, wartortle, or ivysaur). The problem is after I reset the game and come back to that part, the first pokeball i choose to look at the picture of the pokemon has weird inverted colors, though all the others work perfectly. It's whatever pokeball I choose first the colors are distorted... So I don't know about that, must be some glitch.

But anyway I have trouble with making the pokeball dissappear. I set the flag, put the flag number in the people id, and fadescreen 0 but the pokeball never dissappears then, it dissappears after I walk away a little far then come back...

Years
  • You don't put anything. It's left blank. People id is used only if you want the person to dissapear.

thanks but my scripts won't work only 2 of all my scripts work
    the market script works and the 1 where it says
    Spoiler:
    I don't know why and the rest is basically the same

Years
  • Tyvm thethe dragon, I wish there was a +karma button feature on these forums I'd give you it =)

Another question, the pictures for each of the three pokeballs pop up perfectly and display the correct picture (either charmeleon, wartortle, or ivysaur). The problem is after I reset the game and come back to that part, the first pokeball i choose to look at the picture of the pokemon has weird inverted colors, though all the others work perfectly. It's whatever pokeball I choose first the colors are distorted... So I don't know about that, must be some glitch.

But anyway I have trouble with making the pokeball dissappear. I set the flag, put the flag number in the people id, and fadescreen 0 but the pokeball never dissappears then, it dissappears after I walk away a little far then come back...

get rid of fadescreen 0, and use
    applymovement <people no.> $move
    pause 0x20

(and put this towards the bottom)$move 1 ; #binary 0x60(For fire red) <use movements to get it out of the way> 0xFE

thanks but my scripts won't work only 2 of all my scripts work
    the market script works and the 1 where it says
    Spoiler:
    I don't know why and the rest is basically the same

There could be a problem with your Rom. Thats really the problem I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2007
    Well, can someone do a script like u battle the celebi and after the battle, celebi disappears?
    For Pokescript and FireRed.

Years
  • Well, can someone do a script like u battle the celebi and after the battle, celebi disappears?
    For Pokescript and FireRed.

Please search the thread next time. This on the page before this one.
    Code:
    #org $StartWild
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 5
    message $CelCry
    $Celcry 1 = Celebi: Biiiii
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x808
    if 0x1 goto $WildBatt
    release
    end

#org $Wildbatt
    lock
    wildbattle 251 5 1
    release
    setflag 0x500
    fadescreen 0
    end

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Hey guys I've jut started scripting and i am experiencing some problems... I've tried everything but for some reason my script doesn't work. I have edited it so it is simple...

#org $go
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $before

#org $after

is there any way some one can make this script for me? I just need a base to work with... Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I have some scripting questions.

1) I have attempted to view the scripts for Rock Smash rocks, Cut trees, and the guy that takes the Sapphire before you do in Dotted Hole [the sapphire contains the whole script]. My only problem is attempting to view them. I've tried Ctrl+Right Clicking on the rock/tree/Sapphire in EliteMap, as well as opening the ROM in ScriptED with the [...] setting and entering the script number, but the script always comes out like so [this example is the Rock Smash rock's script]:

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x1BE00C

end

I just can't figure it out.

2) ScriptED's configure button won't become clickable. I have the ROM in the same folder, unspaced, and the script, unspaced. It's just not working.

3) I have a scripting problem for Pokescript...well, it's not really a problem.

Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $hi
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 133 5 66
    jingle
    message $rec
    boxset 6
    message $oops
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x01 $move
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $move
    $move 1 ; #binary 0x55 0x1F 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x60 0xFE

#org $hi
    $hi 1 =Here, take this...

#org $rec
    $rec 1 =\v\h01 recieved an EEVEE!

#org $oops
    $oops 1 =Oh, snap! The fuzz! Seeya!

It plays out fine, but the jingle doesn't sound no matter where I place it in the script [and believe me, I placed it in every possible place]. Is there a certain way the jingle can/must be placed and such?

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • I need a new script. One that allows you, if you have a Mew in your party, get someone to follow you. I want to make it so that Bill wants to see this place with you and you need to guide him there.

Years
  • I need a new script. One that allows you, if you have a Mew in your party, get someone to follow you. I want to make it so that Bill wants to see this place with you and you need to guide him there.

I can't write this without knowing the movements that you want, but I can show you what to put to check for a mew in your party.
    Just place this in the script where you want it to check for Mew.
    Code:
    setvar 0x4036 0x97
    copyvar 0x8004 0x4036
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if b_true goto $have

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • Never mind about that last request. Right now I need a really important givepokemon script. You talk to a Lapras and it says "Lapraaas." Then it joins your party if your party isn't full and it disappears from view.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back