• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Code:
    #org $begin
    Lock
    Faceplayer
    applymovement 0x3 $exxclamation
    message $speechshow
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $exxclamation
    $exxclamaion 1 ; #binary 0x57

#org $speechshow
    $speechshow 1 = Argh! Its just you! If you\ ever get a chance, I would\ prefer a doughnut than a coffee.
    It pauses and goes to some jibaish thing!
    Does it have anything to with that im hacking ruby?
    The game freezes

I already fixed this script. Didn't I? Well anyway...(I'll do it again), You forgot to add 0xFE to end the movements and you need an \n or \p or \l instead of just an \.

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
  • lol
    I cant seem to get my applymovement scripts to work.

Code:
    #ORG $StartPoke
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto $done
    applymovement 0xFF $move
    message $Givepoke
    boxest 6
    Givepokemon 25 5 0
    Jingle
    Message $here
    Boxset 6
    Setflag 0x200
    setfalg 0x828
    end

#ORG $done
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x829
    if b_true goto $gotdex
    message $dex
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    message $receive
    boxset 6
    jingle
    release
    end

#ORG $gotdex
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $luck
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#ORG $move
    $move 1; #binary 0x01 0x01 0x01 0x01 0xFE

#ORG $Givepoke
    $Givepoke 1 =\v\h01,\pAs you know I have been\npromising you a pokemon for\pnearly a year now.\nToday this pikachu was 

found\nin New Bark Meadow.\lI would like you to take it.

#ORG $here
    $here 1 =You received a Pikachu!

#ORG $dex
    $dex 1 =Here This will help you on\nyour journey.

#ORG $receive
    $receive 1 = You got the POKEDEX!

#ORG $luck
    $luck 1 = Good Luck \v\h01!

Can anyone help im really annoyed.

And also on A-map my border is set to black, but when i play it hust has random tiles everywere.
    Thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    hi guys. looking through the beginning scripts i found the birch's one. seen the mistery of the national dex, i found this and would like some help decoding it.

Spoiler:

as you can see, after checking the first time regular pokedex pokemon (it's nice see how the number of the dex are written) with some command like special2 0xD5 and other things i can't understand, he calls another script, check something, do another special (0xD5) then returns, compare again and then it goes to the end or, if true, it goes to the national dex script.
    can this mean something and/or have some useful infos inside for finding the nationaldex-flag (if really a flag, cos i don't see a "checkflag"!)?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • lol

Code:
    #ORG $StartPoke
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto $done
    applymovement 0xFF $move
    message $Givepoke
    boxest 6
    Givepokemon 25 5 0
    Jingle
    Message $here
    Boxset 6
    Setflag 0x200
    [B]setflag [/B]0x828 - spelled 'flag' wrong
    end

#ORG $done
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x829
    if b_true goto $gotdex
    message $dex
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    message $receive
    boxset 6
    jingle
    release
    end

#ORG $gotdex
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $luck
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#ORG $move

#ORG $Givepoke
    $Givepoke 1 =\v\h01,\pAs you know I have been\npromising you a pokemon for\pnearly a year now.\nToday this pikachu was 

#ORG $here

#ORG $dex

#ORG $receive

#ORG $luck

And also on A-map my border is set to black, but when i play it hust has random tiles everywere.
    Thanks
    I edited the things to be changed in Bold. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

As for a-map, is it indoors, or outdoors?

Years
  • lol

Code:
    #ORG $StartPoke
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto $done
    applymovement 0xFF $move
    message $Givepoke
    boxest 6
    Givepokemon 25 5 0
    Jingle
    Message $here
    Boxset 6
    Setflag 0x200
    setfalg 0x828
    end

#ORG $done
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x829
    if b_true goto $gotdex
    message $dex
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    message $receive
    boxset 6
    jingle
    release
    end

#ORG $gotdex
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $luck
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#ORG $move

#ORG $Givepoke

#ORG $here

#ORG $dex

#ORG $receive

#ORG $luck

Thanks

Cooley was right about the flag being spelt wrong but that wouldn't have mucked up the movements. The problem was this.

#org $move

I know it's small, but try it like this. Hope that helps.
    #org $move
    $move 1 ; #binary 0x01 0x01 0x01 0x01 0xFE

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    hi guys. looking through the beginning scripts i found the birch's one. seen the mistery of the national dex, i found this and would like some help decoding it.

Spoiler:

as you can see, after checking the first time regular pokedex pokemon (it's nice see how the number of the dex are written) with some command like special2 0xD5 and other things i can't understand, he calls another script, check something, do another special (0xD5) then returns, compare again and then it goes to the end or, if true, it goes to the national dex script.
    can this mean something and/or have some useful infos inside for finding the nationaldex-flag (if really a flag, cos i don't see a "checkflag"!)?

The script you posted is just the one used to tell you how's your Pokédex but nothing else. To make is short: it isn't related in any way to the National Dex enabling.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    if anybody can says how exactly works the enabling of the nat-dex (where do you go to see who) and the exact words he says we can just look for the offset of the script through elite-map&co, or, if not possible, hex find the offset of the message -obtain national dex-, then hex find a "goto #offset"?
    how a "goto/jump to #offset" should be written in hex?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    can i have a script what makes a person disapeer when you beat the indigo plateu it is for pokemon leafgreen. and i dont mean make me disapeer make a person who stand still disappers

please help

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2007
    Is there something wrong with this script i get "runtime error 13 type mismatch" when i try to compile it
    Code:
    #org $go
    message $beaten
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x115 1
    applymovement 0x00 $leave
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x206
    release
    end

#org $beaten
    $beaten 1 = I lost to you again...

#org $leave
    $leave 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x54 0x080 x080 x08 0xFE

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Is there something wrong with this script i get "runtime error 13 type mismatch" when i try to compile it
    Code:
    #org $go
    message $beaten
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x115 1
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x206
    release
    end

#org $beaten

#org $leave
    $leave 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x54 0x080 x080 x08 0xFE
    Try opening poketscript Then hit encode, and open the script.

After I compile my script, and insert the offsets, I interact with the character
    and it freezes the game.

No matter what kind of script, easy ones like this:

Code:
    #org $blah
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $talk
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $talk
    $talk 1 = Hello,\pthis script doesn't work.

Or complex scripts like this one:

Code:
    #org $start
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto $finish
    applymovement 0x1 $go
    pause 0x60
    message $wait
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x1 $back
    pause 0x120
    message $forgot
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x1 $che
    pause 0x60
    message $annoy
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $finish
    release
    end

#org $go
    $go 1 ; 0x60 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0xFE

#org $wait
    $wait 1 = Wait!\pI have to tell you something\nimportant,\pthat something is HI!!

#org $back
    $back 1 ; 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x60 0x60 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0xFE

#org $forgot
    $forgot 1 =I forgot to tell you something\n else,\lBYE!!

#org $che
    $che 1 ; 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x60 0xFE

#org $annoy
    $annoy 1 =Wasn't that annoying!

Someone please help, someone that has had this problem before
    ~cooley~

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    if anybody can says how exactly works the enabling of the nat-dex (where do you go to see who) and the exact words he says we can just look for the offset of the script through elite-map&co, or, if not possible, hex find the offset of the message -obtain national dex-, then hex find a "goto #offset"?
    how a "goto/jump to #offset" should be written in hex?

Don't you get that enabling the National Dex on R/S is really difficult? You won't have any luck trying to find some messages like "[player] obtained the National Dex" or something like that.
    Also, if I remember well, the National Dex should be enabled once you get for the first time a Kanto Pokémon in a trade. Therefor I'm pretty sure the whole thing is based on ASM.

Is there something wrong with this script i get "runtime error 13 type mismatch" when i try to compile it
    Code:
    #org $go
    message $beaten
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x115 1
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x206
    release
    end

#org $beaten

#org $leave
    $leave 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x54 [B]0x08 0x08 0x08[/B] 0xFE

In bold you can see the fixes.

[...] Someone please help, someone that has had this problem before

Did you ever try to see what really got compiled to the ROM using a hex editor? That would sure help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2007
    Try opening poketscript Then hit encode, and open the script.
    I tried that already. I first got this error when I changed the item given it was 0x83(fab mail) now its 0x115(blue orb)maybe it has something to do with blue orb? also I have a problem with this trainerbattle script
    Code:
    #org $go
    message $talk1
    boxset 6
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 1 0x268 $talk2 $after $further
    release
    end
    in game the messages work fine but it doesnt call any kind of battle. it worked for some reason when it was trainer 0x001 but won't work with trainer 0x268 for some reason

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • I tried that already. I first got this error when I changed the item given it was 0x83(fab mail) now its 0x115(blue orb)maybe it has something to do with blue orb? also I have a problem with this trainerbattle script
    Code:
    #org $go
    message $talk1
    boxset 6
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 1 0x268 $talk2 $after $further
    release
    end
    in game the messages work fine but it doesnt call any kind of battle. it worked for some reason when it was trainer 0x001 but won't work with trainer 0x268 for some reason
    Try moving the '.rbc' file somewhere else(desktop, temporary)
    I don't make my trainer scripts that way, but it should have the trainerbattle command right after '#org $go'
    That is what I think.

Don't you get that enabling the National Dex on R/S is really difficult? You won't have any luck trying to find some messages like "[player] obtained the National Dex" or something like that.
    Also, if I remember well, the National Dex should be enabled once you get for the first time a Kanto Pokémon in a trade. Therefor I'm pretty sure the whole thing is based on ASM.

In bold you can see the fixes.

Did you ever try to see what really got compiled to the ROM using a hex editor? That would sure help.
    While looking for free space, I saw another script in there but I didn't know what it meant, because it only had the commands(lock, facplayer, applymovement, message, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2007
    @hackmew i fixed those few movements and I still get an error when trying to compile it :\

@cooley it's not just a regular trainer battle it's kind of like a gym battle where you talk to the person for a battle. I tried moving it around and it still doesnt work... I have a question though when you beat a trainer once does the game make you not be able to fight that trainer again even if it's in a different script? if so that might be the problem because I edited a bug catcher's pokemon in PET and used it for this script

Years
  • @hackmew i fixed those few movements and I still get an error when trying to compile it :\

@cooley it's not just a regular trainer battle it's kind of like a gym battle where you talk to the person for a battle. I tried moving it around and it still doesnt work... I have a question though when you beat a trainer once does the game make you not be able to fight that trainer again even if it's in a different script? if so that might be the problem because I edited a bug catcher's pokemon in PET and used it for this script

Okay here are your problems. The problem with the applymovement script was that pokescript only allows up to 15 movements to be added indcluding 0xFE. You have 17/18. Make it like this,
    Code:
    #org $start
    applymovement 0xYY $move
    pausemove 0
    applymovement 0xYY $movecontinued
    pausemove 0

#org $move
    $move 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x54 0x08 0xFE

#org $movecontinued
    $movecontinued 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x08 0xFE

And the trainerbattle, each can only be used once in gameplay.

shadowrider

PokeRom Hacker
    Years
  • Is there a way, using pokescript, to take awat money or give money, i didn't see it in any of the tutorials. I want to make a script where you can buy a pokemon off someone. Thanks in advance

Years
  • Is there a way, using pokescript, to take awat money or give money, i didn't see it in any of the tutorials. I want to make a script where you can buy a pokemon off someone. Thanks in advance

I was going to do that as well. There is a givemoney line of raw's that can give you money, you can find it at whack a hack, if you don't speak spanish, just get it translated through an online translastor. I'm not sure about a take money script but it could be found in the script where you buy coins at the game corner, but I'm not that sure. I might look into that one day.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2007
    Is there a way, using pokescript, to take awat money or give money, i didn't see it in any of the tutorials. I want to make a script where you can buy a pokemon off someone. Thanks in advance

i dont know if this is what your looking for but try this website: h ttp://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/scriptpago.php
    it's in spanish so use the google translator or something

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back