• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Right. I put a script event in the place I wanted it to happen. Problem is, I assigned it and burned it, but I can't get it to work. I put $E3D151 in the offset box (where I burned it to) and then ran the emulator in VBA, but nothing happens. Here's the code I have (modified a bit to include the other messages).

Code:
    #org $begin
    checkflag 0x200
    if B_true goto $done
    playsound 0x13B
    #raw 0x33
    message $womanmsg1
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x01 $womanmove1
    pause 0x50
    message $womanmsg2
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x01 $womanmove2
    applymovement 0xFF $womanmove2
    pause 0x50
    message $womanmsg3
    boxset 6
    fadesound
    message $womanmsg1
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $womanmove1
    $mw1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

#org $womanmove2
    $mw2 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE

#org $womanmsg1
    $mt1 1 = Wait, \v\h01!

#org $womanmsg2
    $womanmsg2 = What do you think you're doing?

#Org $womanmsg3
    $Womanmsg3 = It's dangerous to go out without a\nPokémon!\pWild Pokémon jump out of the grass on\nthe way to the next town.

I also got this weird message when I burnt. It popped up a box saying it needed a floating pointer for some offset and I had to enter something about six times. It never did this before, it used to just burn the script to the ROM. Any idea why?
    You have to type things in the unknowns, Var Values, and Var number boxes.
    I'll Pm you the details.

When you get that box, you are missing a pointer for a script.
    (e.g. Message $hi, and you don't have anything in the script that contains $hi)

Or You would have to paste the offset ($E3D151) there and hit ok.
    I don't understand Why you would edit it, when no one is going to see your offset.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    You have to type things in the unknowns, Var Values, and Var number boxes.
    I'll Pm you the details.

When you get that box, you are missing a pointer for a script.
    (e.g. Message $hi, and you don't have anything in the script that contains $hi)

Or You would have to paste the offset ($E3D151) there and hit ok.
    I don't understand Why you would edit it, when no one is going to see your offset.

Well, I'm a bit OCD about that kind of thing. I like everything to look nice. But there is a practical purpose for it as well. The offset names are just reminders of what the offsets do. It's like writing %x for a variable instead of %usefulvariablename. The former isn't going to say much when looking at your code six months from now but the latter will tell me craploads. For someone who's lecturing me on not being good with scripting, I figured even you would know this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    6 months later, You should know what it means by looking at the commands.
    lol

Tell me that when you're looking at a 10,000 line program or something written in ASM. Name all your variables x, y, and z and don't use any comments and tell me everything about how the code is written six months later. I'm sure you can do it since you seem to be an EXPERT PROGRAMMER. Of course it's not a 10,000 line ASM program but it doesn't mean you can't forget.

I came here for help with the code, not to be lectured on how I program. gb2/prog/ if you think that's what this topic is for.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    You know what, I'm not an expert. Thethethethe, and Foullump Are experts. And I have no experience in the field
    of Asm, Mastermind_X is your guy.

And I gave you the help you needed except for one thing:
    Code:
    Unknown: 03 00
    Var number: 50 40
    Var value:00 00
    Unknown: 00 00
    That is what you need to insert into the green script to make it work. :)

Sorry If I was rude. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    You know what, I'm not an expert. Thethethethe, and Foullump Are experts. And I have no experience in the field
    of Asm, Mastermind_X is your guy.

And I gave you the help you needed except for one thing:
    Code:
    Unknown: 03 00
    Var number: 50 40
    Var value:00 00
    Unknown: 00 00
    That is what you need to insert into the green script to make it work. :)

Sorry If I was rude. :(

Right, I must apologize too. I was just a little put off by your comments. :9 Anyways, I'll try that. Thanks! How do I find these values, in the future, though?

EDIT: Hmm. When I talk to the lady, I get weird messages, such as "Pokemon trainer registered in Pokenav", or some weird message scrolling across the screen forever.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    You have to assign the lady a different script so that after she stops you from going out to route 29,
    She says regular Text. Get it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    You have to assign the lady a different script so that after she stops you from going out to route 29,
    She says regular Text. Get it?

Well, the problem is, the script DOESN'T work at all when I step on the space. But sometimes if I talk to her, she has messed up text.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Are you editing pallet Town? Because people # 01 is set to a certain spot and will never move.

So you're saying when you step on the spot, you can go freely to route 29?
    I'll test it and see.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    Are you editing pallet Town? Because people # 01 is set to a certain spot and will never move.

So you're saying when you step on the spot, you can go freely to route 29?
    I'll test it and see.

No, I'm editing Littleroot town. You assumed I was using FR, I take it?

Lord Skall

Zeik Tuvai
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    Can someone make me a script were someone talks, then they give you a pokemon ask you if you want to rename it talk some more give you the pokedex talk and finaly walk upwards of screan and enable pokedex and pokemon options too. I dont care what the text says or what pokemon it is.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    hi. is there anyway to delete scripts from a rom? for example i want to delete the fire red event scripts to make room for my own because i think i'm running out of space.

thanks in advnce
    link

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yeah. Just make use of the old scripts on the map for your new ones. That saves memory. ^^

Years
    hi. is there anyway to delete scripts from a rom? for example i want to delete the fire red event scripts to make room for my own because i think i'm running out of space.

thanks in advnce
    link

I'd actually find that hard to believe. Unless you're almost completely finished with a hack, I doubt that you've almost filled it. Well, I'm not sure if it's possible to erase scripts, but I have an idea on how it may be done.
    If you open the rom in a hex editor you could probably erase a script by covering it in 'FF's. But this could also affect other scripts if you erase too much.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    I'd actually find that hard to believe. Unless you're almost completely finished with a hack, I doubt that you've almost filled it. Well, I'm not sure if it's possible to erase scripts, but I have an idea on how it may be done.
    If you open the rom in a hex editor you could probably erase a script by covering it in 'FF's. But this could also affect other scripts if you erase too much.

thanks for the help thethethethe it was a missunderstanding. the script i last used was somting like 80bc46 and i thought it could only go up to 80ffff

I still need help with a vs seeker trainer battle script.

thanks anyway
    link

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Script request for Pokemon FireRed.

A person gives you a level 10 Pikachu.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Script request for Pokemon FireRed.

A person gives you a level 10 Pikachu.
    It is a yes/No. If that is alright.
    Code:
    [B]#org $start
    Lock
    Faceplayer
    Checkflag 0x23A
    If b_true goto $done
    Message $poke
    Boxset 5
    Compare LASTRESULT 1
    If b_true goto $recieve
    Message $no
    Boxset 6
    Release
    End

#org $done
    Message $how
    Boxset 6
    Release
    end

#org $recieve
    Givepokemon 25 10 0
    Fanfare 0x13E
    Message $here
    Boxset 6
    Setflag 0x23A
    Release
    end

#org $poke
    $poke 1 =Would you like a\pPikachu?

#org $how
    $how 1 =How's my Pikachu going?

#org $here
    $here 1 =You received a Pikachu.

#org $no
    $no 1 =I'm sure somebody else would\nlike to have it.

Can someone make it...[/B]
    Please someone...
    Just view it through ScriptED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back