• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC) (M)

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Sweet post Geras, I loved the way you took the Knightly stance in the situation instead of jumping Guns in. So is anyone else going to post? or should I continue? It'll be substantially smaller than before I continue.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I'm working on a post right now, it won't be too big but it might give you some more material, who knows.

Sephear

Years
Posted, things will get even worse for Seiji in a fairly predictable but still dramatic way when the fight heats up, have at'em Yamagi.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I'm going to stop being shy. Reserve me already, Sephy. ;-; I admit to my lack of control, but if you need more people then I'm game.

FINISHED:

Name: Bryce "Ryce" Danner

Appearance: Thin glasses cover green eyes and slightly colored skin; above all of this black hair that falls over Bryce's head like a mop, usually parted in the front so that he can see, obviously. He has a well sized nose and is about 5' 10", which means he's a bit shorter than some of his friends, but that doesn't bother him. He usually grins- although he can pull the whole "straight face" off as well, and his ears are usually covered by his hair. He has thin eyebrows and a thin figure, which ruins what many people think a "Bryce" would look like- hence his commonly used nickname of Ryce- and he likes rice, so y'know, it works. He's usually making some gadget or gizmo, and he usually has a messenger bag sprawling with wires.

Speaking of which, his attire usually consists of a beige v-neck and olive-green cargo pants with beige sandals, since he has no reason to wear any serious shoes; that said, he does have sneakers in his closet if need be. His messenger bag is leather and navy blue, and generally there's wires and new inventions and stuff found in there. That said, he also has gray fingerless gloves [unless he's working on his electric-based stuff, which means full on gloves], and has generally nimble fingers.

Personality: Bryce is cheerful and outspoken when he feels that he should be so, although generally when at work his default mood is "serious." A lot of times he may have a stick of Pocky coming out of his mouth to emphasize just how "serious" he is, but regardless he's serious about his work and he loves what he does. He's always loved to mess with things and figure out how things work; his job as a electronics repair man shows this off. He usually works "in the field," as he puts it, and does wear contacts when he feels that his glasses will get in the way. He has an overwhelming love for videogames and creating new gadgets/messing around with electronics.

Bryce also has an overwhelming love of rice. Rice rice rice rice rice, white rice, yellow rice, brown rice, you name it. He finds rice simple yet satisfying; rice balls with soy sauce are a common [albeit stereotypical considering the setting] snack for him. He has also officially declared war on potatoes as a representative of rice- speaking of which, shows his lighthearted and silly manner concerning most things. His silliness is often discarded for seriousness, but usually in his battles against potatoes are the moments when he has fun, among other moments. That occasionally frustrates his clients, but sometimes the clients themselves have fun along with him.

Bryce is usually frustrated by things that get in the way of his work or plans; it is sorely advised that a client absolutely not call during a gaming session. He takes insults lightly except for insults to his physique, which frustrate him and he INSISTS he has leg muscle. Granted he's not lying, he's a great runner compared to most since he walks to all of his jobs, but it's nothing to admire minus his stamina, which is- in fact- above average, as well as metabolism. He can't lift weights, he can't do more than 20 push-ups without sweating a river, and he has a slim figure, but not a six-pack. He also gets frustrated by people who don't take him seriously, or alternatively, those who dodge a question- which still feels like they're not taking him seriously.

He's a bit of a coward in the face of danger but generally can think clearly during most situations. Except those that involve most kinds of insects. Trust me, he'll know which ones he's scared of when he sees them.

Interests: For Bryce, they're hanging out with friends, fixing machines and electronics, playing videogames, and going places/traveling. This is more for me though.

Starting Location: North because that seems like where everyone is anyways

Talents:
  • Be the Hacker- Bryce can hack, and he can hack well. He needs to for his line of work, anyways, so why not?
  • That Stamina Though- Bryce has an amazing stamina which is toe to toe with his nimble fingers.
  • Did we mention the nimble fingers- He's quite dextrous.
  • Electrician bonus- He's very good at fuddling with electrics, it's his profession after all, so y'know, no surprise there.
  • Intermediate Strategist-o!- Even with his silly Rice-Potato war going on, it led him to study a bit of real war, and because of that he's become a bit of a strategist... not that good of a strategist though.
  • Ability: Run away- Ryce is good at performing a strategic retreat. STRATEGIC! It's not like he's scared or anything... not at all.
  • Deep breath- He can stay calm. Usually. Unless you're a giant centipede.
  • The gadget dude- Think of him as that guy who makes the awesome gadgets that superheroes use. Except less awesome, because he doesn't have that kind of cash.
  • Surprisingly good aim- He's quick at it too, but it's only if he's more calm. So no insects.

History: Bryce lived with both parents in a normal home in a normal town in an equally normal place. And so the story goes that he was a good student who made friends in the wake of the popularity of computers.

It wasn't like Bryce to follow the crowd, but this was different; in middle school he began to mess with computers in the middle of a New Jersey town, along with a Japanese father and an French mother- but he was fluent in the former's language only along with English. He arrived home and wanted to mess with it, wanted to know how it worked; it was almost like he wanted the computer to divulge it's secrets. And so he did, piece by piece; his father brought home old computers and his mother encouraged him to take them apart. He picked it up quickly, and eventually decided that this was what he was going to do for a living.

It was further backed up when his father lost his job. His parents supported him, but it was hard to find work and they occasionally suggested he may not go to college, which was a bit frustrating. It seemed that for every computer he took apart, the less he had; he enrolled at a vocational school and began to study computer science and electricity there.

During his senior year, Ryce took a trip to Tokyo with some friends, paid by a friend of him that he no longer owes and finding himself doing perfectly fine and conversing with the locals easier than his friends did. He slowly found himself drawn into the culture simultaneously as he planned out what he'd do afterwards; he finally decided that he'd move to Tokyo and leave behind his parents. It was both alleviating to them as well as a lesson in independence to him; but it was a hard job to persuade. He eventually did change his parents' mind, and left to Tokyo hastily before they could revert to their former standing. Immediately upon arrival, he scouted for a home and found one quickly; a small studio apartment that wouldn't cost too much. He set up an online business which bloomed quickly as well, albeit the first few months were honestly quite tough.

Eventually he gained his standing and worked at his stay-home business, Danner Electronics Repair. Bryce wants to eventually manufacture products as well. He's also met many people and made a video-gaming team. He currently lives with a friend who works as a mariachi for a Mexican-themed cafe, so he gets a bunch of Mexican rice all the time. Outsourcing is interesting.

RP Sample:

A short walk led to the client's house. Ryce looked at his watch.

10... 9... 8...

This client was punctual to a T, he'd dealt with her before. Once he had arrived an hour late in winter and the poor thing was freezing, he took her into her house and pushed himself to make her tea. He gave her a small mug of tea at the time; she had sipped it quietly and with prose before Ryce gave her the watch and led himself out.

7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

This time she had messed with the watch again. She always banged it up, and the gears were frustratingly small; he had to pick them up with tweezers. Tweezers! It was maddening, and he had lost a whole gaming session for this. He sighed. Thankfully this client paid extremely well, she wasn't in the same financial situation as Ryce and he could usually get a good amount of money. She opened the door quickly; the woman seemed to want to get her watch back and behind her lay a neatly kept room. He shrugged quietly to himself and spoke quickly in the usual manner when he was doing business.

"Danner Electronics Repair, here's your watch. And I hope you realize that a watch like this one isn't electronic. Each movement is run by gears. You're lucky you're an old client." He passed her the watch quickly. "It seems what keeps moving it out of place is that you drop it often... just wear it, alright?"

The woman nodded and put on the watch quickly, which made Bryce sigh. "Usual payment?" Bryce nodded, and the woman paid quickly.

"No need to be so quiet, I'm not dealing drugs you know."

"Mmhmm."

"..." The woman paid quickly as Ryce stood in his own silence. He took the cash and waved goodbye as the woman closed the door, and so he turned to walk home, pulling his messenger bag over his shoulder. The alleyway that he found himself in was exceedingly narrow, and as he continued on, he felt something fall on his hand.

Something crawling on his hand.

He looked at his hand for a moment and yelled, shaking his hand as hard as he possibly could, running out of the alleyway as if to get away from his own hand, where the cockroach stood valiantly. He blew on it and tried to get it off and almost rubbed his hand on a wall before he realized that this would splatter the roach's guts all over his hand and decided it wasn't worth it. It would've been comical if he hadn't looked so afraid; finally, he picked it up and threw it, shuddering and running into a restaurant to wash his hands hastily. He looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his hair and disheveled face. He walked out still slightly shaken but seemingly calm, drawing a gaze from loads of people. Never. Never again. Never ever ever again. Going into a store and grabbing some rice to comfort himself, a large sack now resting on his shoulders and he continues on his way home.

Thankfully, without insects this time.

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
We're all more than happy to have you Kenneth, I can't wait to see your finished SU.

Everyone please ignore me for a moment, I'm not going to be doing a goofy victory dance.

*Shakes happily* Shake shake shake...W00 HOO ANOTHER PERSON! AND IT'S AN ASHIKABI!

I look forward to welcoming you into the chaos Kenneth.

Sephear

Years
It was fine Yamagi, this whole situation is heating up, who'd have thought one of the North's first battles would have 4 Sekirei who haven't "emerged" yet in one place. But of course Sekirei often seem drawn to places with Ashikabi, even if they don't react to them so it's all very fitting.

Zeta your post was excellent too, I'm glad to see Kotone's ready to get in on the violence.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Barriers are awesome, just thought I'd say that. Also, my wolf form is epic; super big and super dangerous. All should be wry.

Kotone, so sorry. I didn't even see your post or Seji's other one. Do I need to rephrase mines?

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Only if you think it would add something to your post and your character's reaction. I mean, if he wouldn't notice it, you don't need to change anything.

Last edited:

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
I'm now kind of disappointed in myself to have only just noticed this, because it sounds awesome. A reserve, if I may? I'll probably go for a Sekirei, because well, I sort of already have a character in mind to fit that kind of description.

Sephear

Years
You are more than welcome here Tixen, it really makes me happy to see more interest in Wings of Fate after worrying so long that it might die. Consider yourself Reserved

Sephear

Years
Well I won't call anything final, but I'm certainly happy with your SU Kenneth. That's a fairly long list of skills but their mundane enough to be fine on an Ashikabi, especially since they wouldn't make a Sekirei OP. Not to mention some of them are good jokes XD

Geras will of course pass his own judgement on the SU but I'm fairly confident he'll like it to so for now I'm going to declare you Accepted! And if any problems do arise me and Geras will discuss them and you can make any changes necessary later, so feel free to start working on your introductory post etc. and post whenever.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Yus, I'll post tomorrow! :3 If everything goes well.

EDIT: I threw Ryce into the action at the maid cafe... okay not really threw. He's just present really, I'm going to edit a certain part out but I decided that now may be a better time than ever to learn about the Sekirei plan... or just what Sekirei are to begin with.

EDITEDIT: ...I could've probably split that into two or even four posts. God I'm bad at his.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I was going to post again. Heads up to everyone, this week'll be quite busy for me. I'll probably only be able to get on late at night until I'm done moving. Oh and not that it was needed, but I also approve of Kenneth's character.

Sephear

Years
I've got faith in you Gerbear.

Time for me to be mushy, everyone prepare your oatmeal spoons. Guys it really makes me happy to see 3 posts in one day after worrying for so long that Wings of Fate would never get off the ground (Pun required) So let me thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, I knew it wouldn't be any big surprise for my first RP not to get anywhere but I'm still so glad it is getting somewhere.

Back