• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Sekirei: Wings of Fate

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Sekirei Battle Royale: Bulwarks & Bulldozers.

Athena landed on a barrier platform of her making halfway down the building before quickly looking up and holding her hands out to make several more platforms above her in order to slow the descent of her inevitable pursuers. She didn't spend much time to make them strong because she didn't have much time to spend, but they didn't need to be very strong as long as they slowed Dietrich down, at least a bit. She briefly considered fleeing into the building itself, as it would make her harder to find, but she wasn't going to endanger innocent people like she did at the hotel ever again.

With that in mind, she put one hand in front of her and one behind her, both with their palms facing downward, and ran high above the ground where ordinary people walked. Her front hand made small circle-shaped barriers that served as stepping stones, and her back hand helped her instantly dispel them once she had passed one to make it more difficult for any landlocked Sekirei. She didn't have any specific destination in mind other than away so she just turned at any alley or intersection she found, hoping she might lose them among the tall buildings.

The bimbo brigade hostile Sekirei issued forth from the roof at various speeds, but the most intimidating were almost certainly the psychic and the archer. The psychic used short bursts of levitation to allow both of them to easily jump from roof to roof as they pursued the target. Each time she was in the air the archer fired a shot towards the knight in hopes of pinning her leg, and her accuracy surpassed most professional marksman.

The rest of Dietrich's team had avoided Athena's initial barriers as quickly as they could, but when it came time for the brawler carrying the VIP himself she jumped as high as she could and smashed down through the barriers. Afterwords she flashed a cocky smirk over her shoulder at Dietrich, who returned it with his own nearly ever-present smile.

Athena ran as fast as she could, but she unfortunately wasn't a physically-oriented Sekirei and thus wasn't going to be be able to stay ahead of them for long. Soon enough, she heard faint footsteps approaching from overhead. Before she could turn to take action, an arrow drove itself through her armor, deep into her calf. The sudden pain destroyed her concentration and she fell. The pain didn't last long, though. The injury triggered a surge of adrenaline that numbed the pain and sharpened her senses and reflexes, making it seem like she was falling in slow motion.

In the middle of the fall, Athena turned to look up and see another arrow flying at her. Spreading her arms wide, she focused enough to make a large canopy over a long strip of the street over which she fell. She'd never made barriers of this magnitude before, but then again, she'd never made barriers as quickly as she had during her fight against Kana either. It would appear that situations such as these improved her abilities, perhaps as a sort of survival mechanism.

Focusing on the canopy, Athena didn't bother to make another landing platform and instead fell right on top of a passing car, denting the roof as well as her armor. The driver panicked and came to an abrupt stop, throwing Athena off of the roof. However, she felt no pain from the harsh landing, still focused entirely on the chase. She hadn't even noticed that her helmet had fallen off in the crash. The armored Sekirei stood slowly, arrow still sticking out of her leg, and looked around for somewhere to go when her eyes happened upon a manhole. Not thinking about it another second, she pulled if off and dove inside.

After an unbalanced landing onto the concrete floor, she made sure to create five separate barriers almost right next to each other over the opening to the sewer. Hopefully they would keep Dietrich's horde away long enough for her to make some turns through the sewer and lose them.

As Dietrich and his goons were making to follow Athena into the sewers, Fia and Seiji caught up with the chase. The Sekirei of the Blazing Aria swooped down, a song already on her lips as flames sprouted along her arms - obviously not harmful to the Ashikabi she held. The flames took shape into a dragon, not very large in size, as they leapt from her skin, the intangible flaming dragon diving ahead of its creator, it's wings beating in time with the raging tempo of Fia's song. When it came within range of Dietrich and his Sekirei, there was a slight change in the tune which cause the dragon to spout a stream of a flames.

In a panic the psychic Sekirei turned to defend as quickly as possible, knowing full well she was the only one who could. The flames stopped a short distance away from it's targets and rebounded spherically as if trapped in a fishbowl. This, however left the archer with no support in the air. She plummeted towards the ground and the psychic Sekirei tried in vain to catch her, failing to split her power evenly and leaving the flames to rake them both while the archer hit the street without the least bit of grace. A few of the other Sekirei took the brunt of the flames while the brawler charged ahead at an amazing speed and completely ignored the confrontation.

Dietrich's chauffeur was concerned only with getting him to his destination and immediately started pounding on Athena's barriers as hard as she could.

Ryce wasn't exactly having the time of his life on Kotone's back, but he hadn't exactly expected to. His adrenaline was pumping non-stop, but that didn't stop him from quickly assessing the situation. He noticed that Fia had taken care of a few of the Sekirei, but that left the one pounding at the barriers to it's own devices. Of course, the barriers had to lead to Athena, and he wasn't about to let them take her without Athena's consent first, so it was quite obvious where he needed to go. A shaky, adrenaline induced grin took over his face. "I don't think I have to tell you this, but head for the Sekirei trying to break what seem to be Athena's barriers. Do whatever you need to do to stop her- ...That goes without saying, huh." He grinned. "Oh, and... d-don't get beat up too bad, alright?"

"Well, I can only promise to try." Kotone replied with a grin. She clicks her tongue and detects the various bright lights before her. Some more bright than others. She feels one of the lights slowly pounding away at a larger, yet weaker one. She skids to a stop, if nothing else, she didn't want Ryce to get hurt. "Get off, I don't want you hurt, okay?" She even kneels down.

Ryce nodded, and got down. "I'll be watching from here- of course I might move around a bit, but you know what I mean. Oh, and..." With a quick glance away, he leans in and quickly kisses her forehead. "Go kick ass or something like that yeah okay cool. Potatoes deserve to be beaten anyway."

Fia's song suddenly change to a soft, flowing melody, the blazing dragon following suit as it morphed into what could be described as a river of fire that fell from the sky like a waterfall straight down towards the Sekirei pounding on Athena's barriers then swirl around them like a whirlpool. The Aria herself landed on the pavement nearby to set her Ashikabi down. She didn't say anything, though, as that would require her to break her song. She did, however, give Seiji a piercing glance, clearly intending for him to stay back.

Strangely enough Seiji was loathe to back away from Fia, even with the imminent danger. He grit his teeth while he retreated a short distance away from his Sekirei, it was frustrating having such strong, irresistible urges to protect someone so much more capable than himself. But if he got in her way, that would just put her in more danger.

The psychic, meanwhile had recovered and made an invisible shield around the brawler while she continued to pound the barriers and on her third hit beneath the shield shattered through them all at once. Although the shield protected Dietrich and his glorified mule while they entered the sewers, it forced Fia's swirling flames to cycle out even further and keep any of Dietrich's other Sekirei from following. It seemed some of them however had no intention of following. The Archer managed to force herself up and nock an arrow before pointing it at Kotone, scowling through her broken glasses. "I am Sekirei number 37: Artemis the Huntress, and you won't stop Dietrich from growing the true force of love!"

It appeared the archer had enjoyed and revered mythology much as Athena had, and was prone to the same fits of unjust anger as her namesake. All the other Sekirei backed away from the space between Kotone and Artemis, the direct challenge clear.

The psychic adjusted her frazzled hair until it resumed it's neat, close-cropped shape and pointed at Fia, eyes beginning to take on their teal glow again. "And I Celes, will be your opponent!"

"Oh my! This is turning out better than I ever could have hoped!" The orchestrator of all the chaos himself spun around in an office chair in his monitor room like a child ecstatic at what he got for his birthday. "To think that an Ashikabi would skyrocket to being my favorite so quickly - even I'm surprised! I expected fights to break out, but this Brandt fellow, he's practically made all the rest happen for me! Not that watching your chases hasn't been extremely entertaining as well number 23...you just run far too fast, takes so much fun out of it all." Minaka's eyes were alight with glee, but something on one of the monitors stood out and he snapped to attention, instantly serious as a heart attack. "Hmmm? Oh, you shouldn't have, for me? This may be a bit much even for her."

Back