• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self esteem: good, bad, or in between?

So, how is your self esteem?

• Very high

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Somewhat high

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Slightly above average

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Average

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Slightly below Average

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Somewhat Low

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Very low

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
Years
  • Title says all.

There's a poll, too.

So, how's your self esteem? Mine is generally pretty low. I don't hate everything about myself, but I certainly have more hate than love towards myself. You?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have very adamant self esteem. One day I could hate myself, the next I could love who I am, the day after I could be indifferent. It all depends on how my appearance is, unfortunately. If my appearance is the way I want it, my self esteem is good. If it isn't, it's bad. My dad doesn't seem to understand it - he thinks I'm trying to impress others. Truth be told, when it comes to the people at my school, I don't really give a damn what they think of me. I'm typically trying to impress myself. I don't have any need to impress others. So, I guess it's in between since it changes. Though, my self esteem can sky rocket and plummet depending on things I go through that day, as well as, like I said, my appearance.

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
    Years
  • I don't have very adamant self esteem. One day I could hate myself, the next I could love who I am, the day after I could be indifferent. It all depends on how my appearance is, unfortunately. If my appearance is the way I want it, my self esteem is good. If it isn't, it's bad. My dad doesn't seem to understand it - he thinks I'm trying to impress others. Truth be told, when it comes to the people at my school, I don't really give a damn what they think of me. I'm typically trying to impress myself. I don't have any need to impress others. So, I guess it's in between since it changes. Though, my self esteem can sky rocket and plummet depending on things I go through that day, as well as, like I said, my appearance.

I have to agree with you somewhat. My self esteem fluctuates. =/

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • It depends. I only have high self-esteem when I know something I make is VERY good. If I don't, which is very often, I am very hypercritical towards myself, and try to find as many things wrong with I do as I can.

So yeah, it fluctuates for me too.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I would say I have pretty high self esteem. It's not super ego-maniacal high, but I like my physical appearance and my mind. I'm lucky:p

Years
  • It can vary from time to time, but right now, my self-esteem is just god-awful. In general, I don't expect anything I do or make to be considered special, regardless of the effort. I don't take pride in anything about me, really, whether it's aesthetic or talent-related. It's not that I think I'm a worthless dirtbag; rather, I just view everything as being imperfect. :<

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Very low; so low that it affects my day-to-day life and I avoid most social situations because of it. >:

I should get help, I know, but eh. ._.; I don't want the people around me to worry, and they're none the wiser at the moment...

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I think it's fair to say that my self-esteem is the size of a grain of sand. I don't believe there's been a time in my life where I can truly say that I've liked myself, I simply don't see anything about me to like. Over the years I've tried as hard as I can to build back up but doubtful thoughts always came into my head and like a a sandcastle to the waves, everything I had worked for fell apart. I'm very conscientious of what people think of me, particularly the people who I love. I realize I should focus on what I think of myself, but whats the point of being content with yourself when no one likes you?
    But overall, I think my main problem is my physical appearance; I think I'm ugly, always have. People have been nice and told me otherwise, but I've never believed them. I'm a mess, I know.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My self esteem is high yep. I like who I am but the only thing I don't like is these damned eyelashes D: other than that I love the awesomeness that is me :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • My self esteem fluctuates but idles at fairly high.

I tell relativity to take a hike in favor of practicality when thinking about myself.

Years
  • Mine's usually lower than I let on. I find it doesn't help if others know if I'm feeling too low and it can often be worse for my self image if people think I'm not doing well. And having people be happier around me is better for my own esteem, I think.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The percentages are really speaking right now. They could be totally off, of course, but somehow I suspect they aren't. It's rather sad.

If I had to rate it, I'd generally have middling-high self-esteem. I don't worry about myself much. I find flaws in things, but I fix them or dismiss the issue as unimportant for the time being.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

It raises a point, pretty much regardless of your faith.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Meh. At times I absolutely hate myself, but there is never an occasion where I love myself to bits. So it's pretty much neutral for me.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I really don't know. I don't hate myself, but I'm not really proud of myself either. I know that I am a perfectly healthy human being with plenty of creativity and ambition...it's just reaaaally difficult for me to show/tell people that...-_-;

falling up+
    Years
  • Mine fluctuates. Kind of sad to see the poll results with a lot of people thinking very lowly of themselves :( I want to be content with myself so I do things to achieve that. Whether its taking time for myself, working out, studying subjects that ACTUALLY interest me, etc. I want to be proud of who I am, I'm just not quite there yet. I don't think anyone ever gets there but its an admirable if futile goal to work for :)

Back