• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>> September Pixel Art Contest - Entry Thread + 1 more week

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    Sprite contests. Ah how I miss thee~
    Anywho, for you more recent member who didn't know, sprite contests were quite common in this section since 2004, as you can see in the hall of fame.
    However, due to a lack of interest Signomi and myself agreed that we should let them lay to rest for a while.
    But now, since I have some time (more or less - I should be studying :P), I figured I might whir them up again just for the sake of it.
    So, without further ado I present you with the...

September Pixel Art Contest
    Entry Thread

Sorry for the long intro folks, but anywho, here it is!

The theme theme for this contest is simple: communication. Hopefully it ain't too hard or lame, cause there are many ways to communicate - heck, the internet itself is a way as well.

Other conditions include only one entry per member, any of whom can enter within the specific time period i.e. before the end of September. Note that I live in Australia, so I might finish it when September is over for me, so don't leave them to the last minute k?

I myself will be judging the contest, just so it's easier to do on my part. I'll be giving out constructive criticism for every entry as well so that those who do not win still get a chance to improve (I may get another judge to help if the response to this proves to be more than I can handle efficiently).

Contestants themselves will be judged upon their ability to communicate lawl the theme, creativity and appearance. Note that difficulty and skill required will also be a factor in judging, so don't expect something simple to do all that well. When submitting your entry, you may want to add a little description showing how your created piece links to the theme for clarity.

Well yeah, that's about it. Note that the Pixel Art rules also apply, so be mindful of those. Entries for the contest can be posted here, while any other sort of related discussion can be placed here in the discussion thread.

I hope to see many an entrant, and good luck to everyone :D

And yes, I'm perfectly aware that it isn't September yet - I just figured I might as well start it now - gives you all a little more time to prepare ;D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    yo Amachi~
    "once upon a time"
    the title works in manyways.
    its a messanger pidegon. 100% scratch. limited pallete *11 colours*
    :3 not special but hey~ its been a while~ and i LOVED the contests~

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011

about 6 colours its the phonepiece you talk into or listen from
    from scratch with reference
    i dont like it much but hey i could win if im lucky :D

Last edited:

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years

Pikachu communicating to us through a blink. Not a very original idea, I know. but heck, I just wanted to pixel something :)
    Thought I'd join just to save the contest. It was one of the sole reasons I came here in the first place.
    Oh, and it's fuly custom of course.

Last edited:
    Years

Well, its a Pelipper Printted Mail, I first tought about mails, a comunnication form, and then, I started playing my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and I saw that Pelipper giving me the mail

maybe its not really special or original, but I like it (everyting its 100% mine, even the little Pelipper image)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Mine is late, but this thread is not closed, so it;s all good (Y)

hahaha

It is Matt the yoddler, he is yodeling to his fellow men of Gondor!!

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years

Here's my entrant, I know other's have done pelipper, but it is the delivery pokemon...Everything here is 100% made by me.
    I Hope it isn't too late.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    Contest is over. Results shall be posted as soon as I get around to rating the entries, as they have already been critiqued.

locked + unsticked

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back