• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sequels or Remakes?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    They are indirect sequels. They might feature different characters or stories, but they take place in the same world, at different times. Even B2W2 could be considered an indirect sequel because it's different characters.
    I respectfully disagree. I don't believe in indirect sequels. B2W2 are the only legit sequels that i seen so far. My opinion but we can have different opinions on the matter.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    An alternate timeline doesn't a sequel make. But we could have SM characters show up as Fallers.

But I wouldn't take it for granted that the story differences will be that major. Things like Kukui giving the player a starter instead of Hala are, well, a gimmick. The climax will be different, but that was already the case for Emerald and Platinum; Emerald incorporated aspects from both Ruby and Sapphire, which had alternate stories to begin with. Was that comparable to a sequel? Nope.

Last edited:
    Back