• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Severe Snow causes for Schools to be closed!

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Here in the Uk, for the first time in my life, schools closed because of weather! We just woke up and found tonnes of snow everwhere. Minutes later my friend called up to tell me school was closed =D

Yipee!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I think something's wrong with the world, with extreme weather conditions at places - some places covered with too much snow and some facing over 45 degrees of heat.
    I think year after year it'll keep getting worse... yeah, something sure is happening...

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Yay snow!
    :D I don't think i've seen it this thick since i was 5 or something O.o
    But i've had my school closed before so why wasn't yours Pogo?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    It hardly snows there? Wow, that would be annoying. That's nice that you finally got a good snow, though. Unfortunately, I'm kind of sick of the snow that's on the ground here at the moment...too much of a good thing, I guess?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This is where my trenchcoat really stands out. Everyone's freezing their balls off in whatever modest jacket they have and I'm covered tip to toe in suede and cotton. I went out and took some photos since this is not likely to happen for a while again.
    I really didn't think anything would be closed... but it's just as well, since I was up 'til 4AM last night, which would've left me with three hours of sleep. o_o

Wow, never heard of an extreme blizzard in the UK...
    Haha, blizzard? Let alone a severe blizzard? It's just calm snowfall, fifty years ago this was normal in Britain.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I still had school today. I didn't get anywhere near enough snow as further south than me. I should have the day off tomorrow as it has been snowing all day and hopefully tonight it will get worse and freeze over causing me to have tomorrow off. Really don't want to go in tomorrow, I have my least favourite lesson.

Years
    =D
    Oh yeah baby! I just came back from a snowball fight.
    When I found out yesterday we had a big fat party all night long!
    No school because of snow has happened to me a couple of times before.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    You youngin's and your school.
    Though I'm sure the kids in my area are upset, we haven't had anything near 2 inches this year, normally we get a ton of snow..

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Cornwall still has no snow, ha, the schools will never be closed due to the weather here.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It was snowing a bit, but we didn't get the day off school. Apparently the forecast predicts much more snow tomorrow and we've been told to expect school to be cancelled, but I'm not getting hyped up over anything until it's confirmed.

DarknessSneasel

Master of Dark
    Years
    it's the souht east that is being hit, Surrey is being hit almost the most badly. All the shools in Surrey are closed.If you haven't guessed i live in the county of surrey. I get school off tomorrow aswell. :)

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I think something's wrong with the world, with extreme weather conditions at places - some places covered with too much snow and some facing over 45 degrees of heat.
    I think year after year it'll keep getting worse... yeah, something sure is happening...

Can you say "The Day After Tomorrow" for real?

Back