• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Severe Snow causes for Schools to be closed!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    In the south, people freak out when they see snow. I'm from Chicago, so we get like, tons of snow. But here in NC, you get like 1 cm of snow and they cancel school for the whole day. XD

We got a snow day today too.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    In Georgia, we all freaked since it hasn't snowed here for eight years.

Yeah, I got the day off today.

Years
    Only a slight rain where I live, thank you Ohio :|

Just cold in this part of Ohio. Hopefully Erie melts so we can have the last four of our "calamity days," as my school calls it. We did have slight snow on Sunday, though. Usually living in the snow belt grants us the use of all six of our "calamity days," if not more, but we have only used two this year (darn the school officials who don't even live in the county!).

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    Got a snow day on Inauguration Day in January. No snow ever fell. Then we had to make it up on President's Day, which I didn't go in for. I was sick. [Stayed home the day after too because I was sick.] Then today, it's snowing and the grounds are iced over. TWO HOUR DELAY. That's it! >_< Would've been a whole lot better to just cancel school altogether. :| Would've made everyone's lives a million times easier here.

Also, note that I live in Virginia in the part where you rarely see snow. [More specifically, Virginia Beach.]

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    looks like more snow for the UK next week if weather reports are correct.

Back