• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

sexually numb

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    How comfortable are you about sexual topics? Is it something you can easily talk about or do you find it embarrassing? Do you find it interesting or are you repulsed by it? How sexual of a person do you think you are? What is your approach to sexual topics and children? Would you inform your children or keep them sheltered or something inbetween?

answer whatever you want/add in whatever you want

keep it pc appropriate xoxo

Years
  • you can come inside my vortex

uuuuuuuuuuuuuhh yeah i'm pretty comfortable and not embarrassing at all. So much so that the apple of my eye has heard about my pr0no practices in exquisite detail (in front of a group no less).

But I don't think I'm that sexual of a person.

I think maturity matters more than having topics of discussion about sex. I grew up in a very Asian environment, in which - and I'm assuming - that parents never really talked to their kids about sex. But it's not like we're sleeping around everywhere with everyone. I think that a person's view on sex is influenced by the rest of their personality and social environment. So it may be the case that I'll never have to bring up sex to my kids, if I know what I'm doing haha.

Years
  • I am about as asexual as they come. I feel awkward even talking about it, especially since I'm still a virgin (what a surprise /s). I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't want to know about other people's sex lives if I can help it. Not curious about it at all. I can be that way about romance, too -- I haven't been in love before so I don't get it.

Like recently, my sister was gushing about this cute boy she's seeing and my reaction was basically just to smile and nod. That's all I can contribute. :/

Not planning on having kids, but if I did, I'd let their other parent deal with it. Unless it were just me, then that'd be scary, haha.

Take a look at this 24 year old loser over here... :p

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • Sexual topics are pretty easy to talk about, I guess. It's usually my friends that just have general conversations regarding it, so yeah

I only ever find it embarrassing if my parents or siblings are discussing it haha, but yeah, they're interesting. Not much sense in being repulsed by them, considering that sex is just another natural aspect of life, y'know?

I think I'm a pretty sexual person? Not sure if it's the amount of times you've had sex that determines how sexual you are, or what you do or w/e

I don't really want my children to find out about sex through their friends or stumbling across something on the internet, so I think I'd tell them. My mother didn't spare me at all :[

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I have no problem at all talking about sexual topics in general, although i think there are certain limits one should not cross, or at least be considerate/careful when doing so. Im not the one who will start to talk about sexual stuff, but i have no problem joining a conversation about it and giving my opinion on it.
    Im not sure what being a sexual person really means, so im just going to ignore that part.

Well, i think its always awkward for kids to learn about sex from their parents, but i think its the best way to inform them in a proper and appropiate way, so of course i would have the infamous "talk" with them. They are still going to hear plenty of stuff about it from friends and the internet, but at least i know ive done something to "prepare" them

Years
  • My mom did the talk because my dad has issues with expressing sensitive topics. It kinda went something like this: in traditional Chinese culture people don't have sex until they're married buuuuuuuuut it's your choice and that's okay just use a condom so you don't get STDs or babies k awesome. That might be paraphrased.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • :s
    When it comes to that things I'm just really
    really
    really
    really really
    confused about everything that comes along with it, I mean personally I can't even deal with my own body I got cursed with, so of all things I can't figure out how I should "deal with" anyone elses' and all that kinda stuff

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Oh, this is my thing. I love discussing all things in that matter graphically or not, as long as they arnt directed towards me in most cases. Then I'm a little pickier. I'm incredibly open about my sexuality and my likes and dislikes and I don't mind talking to others about theirs. It's all about keeping the terms friendly and mutually respectful though.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • It used to be very awkward for me. Then again, every conversation in which private/personal topics and feelings were discussed was very awkward and nearly impossible for me to engage in. It has changed, though. I'm more open now. I've been working on it. As some of you've said, as long as you respect everyone and their opinions, it is something completely normal and just another part of life.

Years
  • It depends on who I'm comfortable speaking to regarding the topics, but generally, to be honest I'm quite open about sexual topics in general. There are some things that I can get flustered over though, but nothing major. Relative to my first sentence, if I'm comfortable enough with someone and they ask me about certain things, depending on the content I will be fine with it. But if it's someone who I've known for a couple days and starts hounding me about those kinds of things, I'll be put off and probably ignore them \: I either like you or don't like you. Even though I'm comfortable with it, doesn't mean I'm that sexual a person though :P

I think maturity matters more than having topics of discussion about sex. I grew up in a very Asian environment, in which - and I'm assuming - that parents never really talked to their kids about sex. But it's not like we're sleeping around everywhere with everyone. I think that a person's view on sex is influenced by the rest of their personality and social environment. So it may be the case that I'll never have to bring up sex to my kids, if I know what I'm doing haha.

Pretty much what Kanzler said. Growing up in an Asian environment, I think, is quite different from what North American families probably raise their children and getting them acquainted with the whole perception of sex; there was never the "birds and the bees" talk, it's just somehow been indadvertedly enforced into our brain since birth \: My parents always told me to stay away from the "bad" kids and make "good" friends so I was never influenced by everyone else's sexual tendencies.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Iiiiiiii have become sexually numb~

Releasing the Kraken has not been on my list of priorities in life. I'm not particularly horny or anything; though I do know I can be if I happen to end up feeling close enough to someone. I don't treat it as a sacred topic personally, I don't see the big deal about it. I can talk about it reasonably casually if I'm cool with the person. If I were to have kids I'd educate them as well as I can. Knowledge is power and all that jazz.

Years
  • I find human sexuality to be a very interesting topic and I can be very open about it with the right people. There's a select few who I am more open with the anybody else who I am happy to talk to about my likes/dislikes etc and pretty much everybody (although some far more than others) is very open with me (seriously, like 7-8 people have come out to me so far).

I love it when people talk to me about sex and sexuality, it is one of the most surprising, interesting, in-depth and personal areas of conversation there is and I love that because I love learning how people think.

As far as being open about sexuality with my eventual kids, I'll be open enough that they'll know about different sexualities, know where babies come from, know to be careful and know that they can come to me for anything (like any kid in the history of ever has gone to their parents to talk about sex willingly). More than that, I'll be happy to answer any questions but it is up to them to ask said questions if they want my answers, I won't randomly blurt out these things.

I never got the talk growing up (thank God), and I never really needed it. I learned the biological side of sex from documentaries and school and the like and learned about sexuality through life (with a few little bits from our crappy sex-ed system) and that way I formed my own sexual identity without too much influence from other sources and developed my own ideals about sex and sexuality. We're pretty open about sex/sexuality in my house these days, but that is mostly just humour (yes, I make sex jokes with my family) but I know full well that we'd have no problems with more serious conversations if they were ever needed.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Sexual topics don't bother me at all, and in fact I like talking about it what with its taboo and everything~

Issues arise when the topic deviates. I really don't want to talk about that and animals or other weird ♥♥♥♥ kthx~

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I feel awkward if someone who isn't like my best friend for life brings up sex, tbh. I can be open with it when it comes to a select few people. No no for others.

And I never got the talk either. I found out most stuff via internet and friends lmao. But I never had problems dealin with it. Everything just...flowed really well. My parents obviously aren't ones who'd EVER have talked about it openly lol but things somehow just ended up falling into place. As for me educating my kids, hmm, I do plan on being sort of open about it but I have no idea in helll how I'm supposed to go about doing it. We'l cross the bridge when we get there, I suppose?

Edit - oh, and I'm okay discussing sex with peoplez on da interwebz. Even if we're not close or anything.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • there's a fine line between talking about sex comfortably/in jest and being creepy and awkward about it. and I obliterate that line on a daily basis

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm okay with talking about it, but only with people I'm extremely comfortable with or if I'm the one to bring it up. Otherwise, I'm a total prude and will shut down all together and try to find a way out of the conversation or just leave the room entirely.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I don't find the subject awkward at all, and can have no issues discussing it with others. However, as the topic itself is rarely on the forefront of my mind I do not bring it up very often. I'm also not the type of guy to kiss and tell either.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I am open for sexual topics in conversations, so long as the person I'm speaking to isn't awkward about it. It interests me because of my virgin status and how I want to lose it to someone I can surely be together with until the very end. I also want to know how it feels like to have sex with the woman you love. I would inform my own children about sex, but I keep it hush hush to nearby children that aren't mine, unless they already know about the topic.

Back