• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

----SHADOW---- It's the DARK Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Xil, now you're just being silly. What you're saying is just all based off opinion, while we keep stating evidence for what we're saying. You don't have to agree with us, so no need to be so defensive. What we're saying is not going too far at all, there are many things written about it. Just because the pokdex doesn't go "Oddish is a Mandrake!!!1" doesn't mean it isn't based off one. It doesn't go "pidgey is a pidgeon", when it's obviously based off one. I this topic has hit a dead end, though.

Someone made a statement earlier that they thought Jynx should be dark, I can kind of see that based on it's appearance. Also, jynx actually used to be black instead of purple. I think they ended up changing it due to controversy, though.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    No way! you think im not saying any facts because your not even listening to the ones i am pointing out!
    and why'd you have to put that in your sig, here is what it says:
    "Dear X, you do not own me!"
    and some other gibberish, X means Xilfer, i'm not an idiot!
    you have to look at appearance aswell how many times musti say it! appearance is about 40% of what this stuff is about.
    oh yeah, and if pidgey is based off a pidgeon what about the new pokemon Mamapeto? what's it based off then?

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Jynx a dark type? Yes, I can see that. She learns a couple dark moves. But would Jynx be Dark/Ice or Dark/Psychic? Personally I'd like Dark/Ice.

Edit: Wow. 0.0; Its part of a song, its not about you! If you don't believe me go to youtube and type in Dear X by Disciple

Shadow Ball

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Okay, I'm finished with this silliness and useless arguing, we've moved onto Jynx and other pokemon we think should be dark, now. :P Anyone else have anything to contribute?

edit: you posted while I was posting so I didn't see that haha. I think dark/ice is cool, but we already have a sneasel with that combo, so I'll go with dark/psychic, because it's so unique! :]

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Fine, the outcome is, NOTHING HAS CHANGED! ODDISH IS GRASS/POISON!

ok, as for jynx, i never really liked that pokemon, but, i do see sooome darkness in it, still thinking.

Shadow Ball

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Xil, just because you don't agree with us doesn't mean the outcome is going to be in your way, We haven't changed our opinions.

Jynx's all around creepiness made me never a big fan of it either. But it always seems to be lurking around caves and perfect dark type habitats, so I see some potential for it being dark.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    But the owner hasn't announced anything so it stays that way.
    and stop calling me Xil, i only like being called Xil by my friends, like Draggy and tkallab.
    ok, jynx, ill go see on bulbapedia to see if i can find anything of it being dark.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Xil, I won't put anything hurtful in my sig. Its a song.

Anyways, I do see your point but I've never been a fan of psychic types. But Dark/Psychic is unique so this would be better of the two.

You usually only get Jynx in caves, like the cave behind Cerulearen.

Shadow Ball

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    The owner doesn't have to announce anything about that to make it official, lol. It's our opinions. And I shorten everyone's names, I'm not going to change that and type out your entire name everytime I reference you, sorry. That's not a rule. You're getting a bit too defensive over a tiny argument about something silly.

You're not going to find anything about Jynx being dark. You seem to think we're talking about factual evidence of pokemon being dark, when we're really only talking about pokemon we think should be dark just based on what we think about it's appearance and such. It's not going to say it anywhere.

So, does anyone else have any imput? I was thinking Cubone maybe would make a good dark/ground type. When I think about it, it always had a creepy aura as it lived alongside the ghost pokemon in the tower in Lavender town. It is also described as a "loner" pokemon. I think many Gen I pokemon have good potential for being dark ~

edit: we posted at the same time yet again! xD lol. I don't think dark/psychic would be necessarily better, just something more unique. :) Either way I think would be cool though!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Jynx
    dunno if it'll help.
    oh yeah, i can be called what i want, you wouldn't like it if i called you a swear word or something, you'd say no i don't want to be called that, same here, and i'm not getting carried away, i'm not even talking about oddish anymore.
    SEE things silly.
    as for jynx, dark/psychic would be cool, but see if the link helps.

Shadow Ball

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    You can call me whatever you like. Calling you Xil isn't a swear word though. Thanks for understanding though. :]

About the origins of Jynx, while nothing really points to it being dark in particular, I think it's habitat and appearance are good pointers to it. It also happens to live in the ice cave along with another dark type, Sneasel. ^^

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    We've got to stop doing that. XD

Anyways I was talking about Dark/Psychic being better for unique reasons.

Cubone could be dark since its kind of dark(and very sad) that is wears the skull of its mother on its head and carries one of her bones with it.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    ok, i think my anger is 99% gone now, gotta find a way to get rid of that other 1% LOL.
    so you can call me whatever you like, i have a big temper wich gets the better of me very often, sorry.
    as for cubone, i think thats a reasonable argument, he should be dark yes.
    Marowak too, i've always loved marowak, and i've always seen it as a kind of shady character, so it could be dark too.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    hmm Cubone and Marowak as dark merely because they grieve too much? It could be though I mean their wearing Skulls as hats but not in a dark way so I don't know about that one.
    as for Jynx yeah I could buy it as a dark type as it is just.....creepy

A pokemon I always thought should be dark is this one
    Spoiler:

It just seems dark to me plus it looks pretty evil.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Everybody blows up from time to time.

Yeah, Cubone is usually sad but Marowak just gives everybody an evil eye.

Cubone:
    Timid: 5
    Sad: 10
    Angry:

Marowak:
    Timid: -7
    Sad: -10
    Angry: 100

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    I`m not saying morning is a bad thing. I'm just saying that its unusual for a person to wear a piece of the person their morning (Talking bones stuff like that not rings or necklaces). This alone has dark qualities to it.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    I comeletely agree, i mean, my grandpa's dead, and i don't like that, but you don't see me wearing his skull on my head, doing something weird points to abnormality points to twisted (not in all cases) points to dark.
    not saying cubone is twisted, but that really is unusual.... and whats worse, when it evolves, the skull on it's head evolves and acctually BECOMES the head, is that dark or what?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I understand where your coming from there I just think Marowak should be dark not Cubone as like you stated Marowak grows to hate the world where as Cubone just scared and alone.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    maybe you're right, gear, but i like to think that cubone is dark too.
    i mean, being scared is often reffered to being "alone in the dark"
    oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhaaaaaah <ok im being stupid _ _
    -

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back