• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shaking Grass

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • We all know that shaking grass can contain the rare Pokemon Tabunne....er....Audino. But I was walking through Pinwheel Forest, the morning of March 10th, finding one of these shaking grass patches. Expecting and Audino, I found a Pansage! A very big "wft?!" moment. So, care to share your stories of the shaking grass patches? What have you found? And were you surprised?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • o.o This..is a pretty dull thread.

Each area has certain Pokemon you can find in shaking grass. In most places, Audino is not the only Pokemon. Such as in Pinwheel Forest, you can find the three monkeys and the evolution of the exclusives (Petilil/Cottonee) depending on the game. In the Dreamyard you can find Musharna.

In most routes after Pinwheel Forest, you find Emolga and other Pokemon like Unfezant and Leavanny

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's only dull because there's no one to change it.

Yep, you can capture Lv. 10-11 Musharna in the Dreamyard, also shaking grass greatly helps! I got my Zweilous evolve into Hydreigon because of that grass!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I love this new mechanic, just wish the ripples in the water were more common :( the dust swirls& shaking spots are alot more common than the water ripples
    so far ive found mainly audino,emonga,& the occasional random pokemon on the route :)

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
  • I love this new mechanic, just wish the ripples in the water were more common :( the dust swirls& shaking spots are alot more common than the water ripples
    so far ive found mainly audino,emonga,& the occasional random pokemon on the route :)

Really? I find ripples in the water all the time.

As for a WTF moment, I was going to unlock the Zoroak event when I found an Emolga. I got all excited- and then realized that I didn't have my false swiper with me. I spent the next half hour looking for it to no avail.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • The first time I walked into a shaking patch, I found myself a Lilligant, Modest too!

Uhm other then that, I've only been encountering Emolgas and Audinos

Years
  • This is news to me! Everytime I've walked into the shaking grass it's been an Audino, I think I'll have to stop ignoring them now, for some reason I quite like the monkeys.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • After beating N and being able to head to route 15. I found you can catch wild Tyranitar and Gliscor just to name a few. It was even surprising when I found Wild Tyranitar's at level 50 even though they evolve at 55.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I was training on Route 3, not paying attention, Audino appeared and I realised that I must've stepped on shaking grass. Then the next time I DID see shaking grass, I ran straight over. :D; But yeah only found Audino so far (and tbh in the future I don't really care about others as long as Audino gives good HP wherever it is in the game!)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The very first time I stepped into one of the patches, I didn't realize it was a shaking one until I saw the wild Audino (Like Forever :o). Afterward, I started looking into them a lot more for the EXP since it helps me reach the next levels quickly. Pansage was another wild Pokémon I found from the shaking grass. There is also the "holes" found in the waters that I am not able to get to as of now. :( I've also found the other uncommon Pokémon like Drilbur from the swirling dust clouds found in caves.

I find the whole concept pretty nifty, to be honest. However sometimes it may get annoying especially in caves where you can end up getting random items, sometimes over and over again. Otherwise, I find myself running up and down a route for the sake of running into one of the shaking grass patches.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    After beating N and being able to head to route 15. I found you can catch wild Tyranitar and Gliscor just to name a few. It was even surprising when I found Wild Tyranitar's at level 50 even though they evolve at 55.

The champion fights you with a lv.54 Hydreigon when hes only available lv.64+

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • the first pokemon i found was a tabunne and the only other pokemon i found in shaking grass so far is pansage and pansear in my japanese game.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Gah, you guys are no fair... ;;
    The only rare thing I have found is Unfezant at level 27, which really isn't that great. But I do enjoy this feature, cause whatever comes out of the shaking spots will be good. Audino is amazing for grinding, as everyone says. And you caaaan get really good Pokemon out of there, most evolved early or some that evolve soley by friendship or stones!

Kunny

Caterpie's a boss
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Only thing I have found different was a Shiny Poke. That's it. Nothing out of the ordinary for me lol =/

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • Oddly enough, about not even 30 seconds go I was thinking to myself that on route 13 the chances of getting shaking grass then the further 5/100 chance to get a crobat is impossible..
    What happens you next you may ask?
    I see a shaking patch, walk into it and a level 50 crobat pops up.
    New addition to my team, along with the metang I just caught :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I do find it annoying that I keep seeing ripples in the water... despite being nowhere near having access to the move Surf yet. =(

As for grass shaking spots, I've found Audino mostly but did also find a monkey Pokemon thus far. Also found a Drilbur in the cave which is in my team. =)

Back