• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share your biography of your time here at PC! :D

Sorano

幸福☆
Years
  • Well.. I definitely can't remember as much about my time here at PC as Erica. I'm not even going to train to strain my brain to think of as much detail as she's included. ;< I might explode or something.

I joined originally on March 6th, 2004 under the account Legendary_Pokegirl. These days I refer to as "Disaster Days". I was 11-years-old and noticed my brother (parallelzero) posting on some weird Pokemon website. This was a time when we both had to actually share a computer, rather than having our own laptops. I searched in our 'Favourites' tab and found a link to PC. I signed up, just to make him mad. His username, you may ask? Legendary_Pokemaster. I was a brat, to say the least.

At first I was like, hardcore n00b. I double posted constantly, short-formed all my words, etc. I grew out of that pretty soon, but then I was just like a crazed 11-year-old on crack. Reaaalllyyy chipper. Ugh. *shudder* Back then, I really like RP'ing and was desperate for my turn on the computer (David and I were stuck with every other hour) to do it. I also like posting in the DCC, New Users, etc.

I eventually became a moderator in New Users. No idea what year that was in. Everything is kind of just a blur, unfortunately. As I got better at making graphics, I landed a spot modding in G&P as well. I think I was one of those 'on-and-off' mods a couple time because I couldn't ever decide if I actually wanted to leave PC. I was really fond of all my buddies though, so I always decided against leaving. I don't even want to try listing all of their names, as they have probably changed and there were just too many of them.

Um, I can't think of much else. I disappeared for like a year and a half or something like that, because of school. I basically lost interest. I am posting a little bit here and there now because I am bored and it brings back memories.

But that is all I can think of. x_x It's been some long years.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • I joined here in 2007? I don't know why I joined, cause I rarely ever posted here. I think I joined because a few of my other online friends from other lame Poke forums were joining for whatever reason.

And again I rarely ever come here. I'm on sppf though!! ^_^ yaaaaay..

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This also just makes me want to write a PC history. ._.

Re-reading this thread, I was noticing that between my testimony, your testimony, Nica's testimony, and the few other '04-'05ers, newbies can really start piecing together PC's long history. We just need people like Jake, Andy, and Steve to post here to make something coherent. XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I have a pretty big history here.

I joined in jan 2005 when I first started spriting as vaati or something, I made a few friends and back then people had no pixel art knowledge and liked whatever crap i turned out, I got a lot of + rep for it and stuff

in 2006 when I was wiser and a lot better at Pixel art i began giving out constructive criticism, working with other members on their sprites etc etc, started a few sprite comics, got into a lot of arguments with elitist members and all that jazz, sometime between here and 2007 my interest in pokemon vanished and so did I.

During 2007 I got pretty good at Pixel Art, had started getting into the pokemon style of spriting and decided I'd revisit PC, I stuck around for a while and caused more trouble. Somewhere between here and 2008 I got really friendly with Amachi

Subsequently I came and went a lot until late 08 when I met Vendak, we've remained close ever since and messing about with him on PC made it fun again, I then got friendly with Kenji (who got banned in unfair circumstances :<) who at the time was the most active contributor to pixel projects. Us 3 sort of gelled together and done things like abuse the elitest group Sweater, +repped each other (everyone done it in those days) and made little memes and whatnot until may 09 when I got modded. It went well at first because now me and Amachi could work together at making Pixel Art a better section, and for the bulk of it we did. But after a while of fake friends, misconduct by other staff, the same members breaking the same rules all the time etc I decided to call it a day. Sometime during my early days as staff I got friendly with Manipulation because unlike 90% of rom hackers he was likable. I'm still in love with him to this day.

Since then I've posted mostly the same as I was before I was a staff member, to which some staff who used to talk to me now accuse me of been a "troll" whereas before they were all "lol kewl u ond dat nub" This in turn caused me to make a few choice threads that shook OC and subsequently led to an infraction, albeit with no prior warning and an unclear reason given. In short I realised you're only allowed to be a collosal jerk and make sarky uncalled for remarks if you're on the staff, if not it's considered rule breaking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I joined after my brother was stuck with something on Pokemon Emerald, and seeing as he's hopeless with using the internet he asked me to search around so I could help him, I found this site and then decided to join because I had nothing better to do and had recently stopped being active on the forums I used to post on. I'm not much of a Pokemon fan so I've never really posted in the Pokemon sections and just lurk around other entertainment and off-topic, sometimes making worthless posts.
    Uneventful year, I was inactive for quite a few months but started posting a fair amount towards the end of the year, didn't really make any friends at this time.

After sexycheese started spreading his homophobia in March, I argued against him and Fox trolled him to the max and we VMd each other loling about it. Then Fox introduced me to Kenji, and we've all been pretty good friends since then. Then we formed our little trolling group, I saw Alinthea/Captain Fabio posting around and thought he'd be a prime target to troll, after talking to him via VMs for a while I actually realised he is a pretty cool guy. Added him on MSN and he's been a bro since. Fox then found Manipulation and Chibi Robo, aswell as Filocakes who is one of the most hilarious and ridiculous people I've ever known. We performed some ridiculous antics on PC for a few months. Fabio then started talking to GavZ/Abnegation and introduced him to us and we were super bffls for a while until things went south with a lot of negativity and misunderstandings, and everyone stopped talking as much. Although we're still friends now and talk from time to time.

Apart from our little trolling group, I also talked to Tribulations and his pair Camisado occasionally, who are both very smart and very friendly. Unfortunately they aren't really active anymore. Jesh was always fun to talk to aswell. I was also introduced to Cest si Bon/Mobile Tsk at some point, who is actually hilarious and we exchange ridiculous remarks on MSN often. I also stalked Hagumi and her pair Gabriella/Beelzebub, who are both incredibly awesome, although I didn't talk to Beelzebub as much she's still clearly great and Hagumi is one of my favourite people to talk to. Poopnoodle also messaged me in September to inform me of how she is a huge Peter Gabriel disciple and I spent most of my time on PC VMing her since then. Nothing else notable was really going on since the Fox group had broken up and I just continued posting normally whilst mainly concentrating on my VMs.

I cut down on the trolling this year, although I may still make a few subtle trollings. Just continued with my current friendships (mainly poopnoodle) and I haven't really met anyone new this year, except I messaged Eliminator Jr. (who is a very smart individual) a couple of times. I also started talking to Guillermo more often, who I'd known since 2009 but never really talked to properly, we now talk on MSN sometimes usually complaining about things, he's a very funny guy and always fun to talk to. Poopnoodle and myself continued to get close throughout January, February and March until it was obvious we felt something more for each other. Then after 10 HOURS of persuasion she eventually admitted she loved me and we've been a couple for almost 5 months now. I started getting less active on PC, continue to talk to the few friends I kept from 2009 on MSN, Hagumi decided to leave the internet which made PC less enjoyable because I have nobody to VM harass anymore. So I just post in a few random threads here and there these days.

So I have met quite a few great people on here (if you're on my friends list, it means I love you) never really made much of an impact on PC, but I'm glad I found this place because I have met some exceptional people.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • No one knows too much of me, but I do have a bit of history here. XD;

I actually joined PokeCommunity back in May 2006 (as Bay) because there was a one shot contest going on at Serebii forums and it was okay to link the judges the story from another forum (my entry was quite long for a PM XD). Later on though many of my friends that were active fanfic writers at Serebii joined PokeCommunity's fanfic section, which became quite active then. So most of 2006 I was just active at the fanfic section.

In the spring the fanfic section suddenly became dead and I was busy with school, so I stopped visiting PokeCommunity for almost a whole year. However, a friend of mine at Serebii told me he posted a fic of his at PokeCommunity and wanted me to review it. That is when I went back to PokeCommunity. After I reviewed his fic, I began doing some reviews there too. Also, that is when my friend Astinus became moderator (which incidentally happened on my birthday, I kid you not XD). She did quite well making changes on the fanfic section and having it a better place to hang out.

I still stayed in the fanfic section pretty much and began making friends with the new writers there. That's when the Fanfic Lounge became quite active and many lively writing discussions came about.

I decided to branch out and look through some other sections here. I was active in Japanese Entertainment, Other Polls, and Other Chat for the most part. That was also when I made some new friends.

Last year of university was a bit hectic for me, so I decided to not be active in Japanese Entertainment, Other Polls, and Other Chat as much to focus on my studies. I was still active at the fanfic (now Fan Fiction and Writing) section, but I was enjoying too much of the Fanfic Lounge and not reviewing as much. -_- There was then discussion on how to make the Fan Fiction and Writing section more active, but then I was in my last quarter of university, so I wasn't part of the discussion that much because I wanted to focus on passing my last classes. That was also when I took a month hiatus from PokeCommunity.

However, now I'm back though I'll be active over the Black and White and Fan Fiction and Writing sections for the time being. I might get back again soon though in the other sections I was originally active before my short hiatus.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I came here to talk about Combees mainly.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I remember finding this forum when I was (generically) searching for Pokemon Shiny Gold. I saw one of Tamachii's videos on YouTube, and that's how I learnt about ROM hacks. I then created a account to download Pokemon Shiny Gold, and I then left. I then left, and then came back and became slightly more active. I came back slightly before Beachy bacame a mod. :) I hung around Pokemon General (and ironically I didn't visit the Emulation section much :P), and posted a bit. Nowadays, I'm not very active but meh... I post occasionally, and stuff. :P

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I don't have a particularly long history. I was looking for a place to get started on a ROM hack with my friend that I've known forever and this place had pretty much everything. We're still kinda sorta working on it (not really, I guess "haitus" would be a good word right now), but we got some cool stuff done in it. I found the forum to be pretty interesting in itself, though. Had a lot to contribute to C&T due to my knowledge in the area. I eventually joined IRC and got to know the bestest people ever: digi, blu-Ray (umad?), J, and Jake. Zet was also bestest, but he was mostly in C&T and didn't talk much in IRC. Also, Klippy held some gaming events and we all had a blast. Everything was happy fun times! We were like a big group of people who work together, perhaps defending or attacking some sort of large structure designed to guard something! Like a Gang Garrison or something, I don't know. Then one day someone was like "lol u want become mod" and I was like "lolk." And that was a few weeks ago, I think. Maybe less. And then my router fried so I had to keep driving back and forth to campus to use internet. And then I posted in this thread. And then I went home because why am I on campus at 4:00 AM when StarCraft II comes out tomorrow?

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Uuuh...let's hope my memory doesn't fail me here :

I think I was browsing google for some PokeSpé pictures, and, I think I wanted one particular pic with Gold, Silver and some of their pokemon, at night time or close to this. So basically, I typed "Pokémon Spécial Gold Silver" aaand I found a name which I thought was the artist of the pic "ZappySpiker". So there, it wasn't on this forum, but after I found that username, I started googling it on Google again, and it lead me to a thread on here which was giving the name of a site called "Pixiv" or something.
    And it wasn't the first time I was brought to PC, so I decided to register, seeing it was active and full of people. :D
    And now, well, I'm glad I registered here because people are really nice, and this is the only place I can spend time talking of something I adore : Pokemon. ~

Pokécommunity be Awesome please ? <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm gonna keep this short, since 1. I don't have much to say, and 2. I'm reaaal short on time right now.

Back in 2005, I was hugely into Pokemon and I wanted a nice forum to discuss it at. After searching the net for some time, I found this place. It was big, active, and seemed a lot nicer than Serebii. When I joined I was pretty much a forum noob, having really only been on Gaia prior to this place. D: I had a few close friends whom I met in 2006, but for the first year I was really a loner. We didn't have profile comments like we do now, though. And I really didn't chit-chat through PMs or fanclubs a whole lot.

Once the new profile system hit, I became a lot more active, and found PC more fun.

Even though I've been off and on active, I've apparently active enough to be offered the mod position last year. Since then PC's been even more fun, but I'm still just scratching it's surface - thus why I don't have a whole lot to say. Maybe I'll have more in the future.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years

I was looking around for a forum to play fun ROM hacks on because my stupud cousins were boring me, and I found PC. After roaming for like two minutes, I joined and became the worst n00b ever. I posted really badly for a long, longass time. My username was Neminoa101 I believe.

My father randomly implemented PS CS2 to my computer while I was at school one day, and I took up graphics. I actualy controlled an okay shop for awhile (although the banners sucked pretty hard.)

Towards the end of the year, my hunger for promotion started. Also, towards the end of the year I took up gamemaking. I started Pokemon Moonlight then.

This year was just a big blur of 'I CAN HAS MOD OF GAME DEV NAO?' and my brothers joining the forum. It was actually interesting after my modcrave phase because all of use were really active in one section. But before this, I was like logging on every morning, checking for PMs - none? - aw. This went on for a long time.

My brother joined in October and then I just got bored with PC. I came back a little in January I believe, but I never restarted my game.

This has been a weird year for me. One of my brothers is reaaally active here, so I decided to throw myself back on the PC train, with much better grammar and attitude (cut me some slack though, I was 11 when I joined).

When I came back recently, I haven't thought about getting modded at all. I'm so proud of myself, mostly because I wanted to be a mod so bad that if I got a PM I would pee my pants back in 08-09.

3/4 of this year I never went on and very recently I started coming on again, looking to promote a new project I've started.

And that is where I am now.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I don't have much to say...since i have not been here long but i will be here years to come i know for sure.

I had played pokemon from age 5 to 13 and then quit it.i had collected over 10,000 cards,every pokemon game up to then,tonz of items such as action figures,stuffed animals and many other things.I was a pokemon maniac,but i was in middle school at the time and soon to be in high school and i was picked on every day due to me still loving pokemon...soon the pressure go to me and i quit 7 sold everything off.

My next step was to find something that i would love and play alot of.Which came to me starting up playing world of wacraft which started me only playing a hour to day to me leading to 15 hours a day or more and skiping school.Due to that i failed the 10th grade and it came to me what wow did to me and did to me.

So at that time just a few weeks ago i quit world of warcraft,deleted my characters,changed my password with my eyes closed to a bunch of letters and numbers randomly.

I then started to get into pokemon again since i was so bored from having noting to do.So i then searched google and came across this place.Few days after joining here i bought pokemon platinum and a new nintendo ds light.I am now age 15 almost 16.During this summer i have been now playing pokemon about 13-15 hours a day and on these forums that much.I will be repeating the 10th grade as it looks enless i get a deal from the school which is possible due to fact that in my 11th and 12th grade year i would get out a half a day.so i could add half of 10th grade to my 11 and then half to my 12th and still be on track and be in 11th grade but i would not get out a half a day.

So for now i can only hope for the best.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Okay, here's a yearly history.

2008: Followed a couple links here. Looked around left. Later in the year began lurking in ROM-Hacks section.

2009: Joined in January and opened the first thread for Pokemon Azure. Began some work on it. Sort of....stopped coming over the summer. Returned and hauled off to Battle Stadium. Huge fight got me banned from H&S League. Got piles of infractions. Voluntarily left and went to Serebii for a while(and ran screaming back here). Started a trade thread. Joined Multi-Mix Special League. Rest of year went well.

2010: Had some periods of inactivity. Began hanging around in Other Trivia and Other Chat. After a long time, returned to the ROM-hack section with Team Nova(hack team) and Azure and 2 sequels. Restarted my trade thread. Posted this.

Back