• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
  • Since we can talk about different countries in this thread...today is the day gamestop was supposed to get the shiny Gengar codes in Germany, but for some reason they didn't get the codes yet, and we supposedly have to wait another week. Didn't have any more info.
    If they just distributed it via Wifi we wouldn't have this problem, the codes are an unnecessary hassle in the best of times but this time they didn't even manage to deliver them to the stores in time. Really dissapointing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Just got back from another EB games(Canada) expecting to get another Shiny Gengar Code, but instead ended up walking out with the Diancie code!

This time since this location only had Diancie code they tried hastling me and saying ohhh well you need to preorder. I promptly told them thats incorrect, but nonetheless did pre-order and they actually checked my number to make sure I did. They then gave me the Diancie code. I think they are being stiffs about the Diancie code because it says on the code that you can transfer it to ORAS and encourages people to preorder ORAS, thus since the paper says this, employees are trying to hustle people into preordering even though they are supposed to give them out for free. I didn't have this problem when I picked up the Gengar code yesterday but that was at a different location.

I just entered the code and got Diancie! Upon receiving it from the girl at the pokemon center, a cut scene will play.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I just entered the code and got Diancie! Upon receiving it from the girl at the pokemon center, a cut scene will play.

That WonderCard isn't supposed to work until the 27th, though. How did it work before the servers even recognize the serial code numbers?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    That WonderCard isn't supposed to work until the 27th, though. How did it work before the servers even recognize the serial code numbers?

No idea, but pretty much everyone who's been lucky enough to get the Diancie code early has been able to redeem it.

I'm pretty damn sure the servers were already set to recognize the code, but retailers were not supposed to hand them out until the 27th just for the sake of having some time between the Gengar distribution. Just a whole lot of jazz to make the distribution seem more special.

Nonetheless, go on reddit or any other pokemon forum and tons of people already have the Diancie code and have redeemed it.

Years
  • Thanks to Limerent's blog here it has now been revealed there is a shiny Gengar event going on in Australia that's similar to this one. For this variant, the codes can be picked up at EB Games, Big W, Target and JB Hi-Fi stores.

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • I got my shiny Gengar today! It's beautiful! Too bad its stats (and nature) are not good :(

This is pretty much how I feel. I wish I could PokeGen it so it could be Timid and 5IVs because Shiny Mega Gengar is so badass.

But I'll take what I have since it's at least... decent.

Manga Otaku

Manga Otaku
    Years
  • 5 Extra shiny gengar codes ^^

Anyways I'm new here, don't know where to post this really, but I just found out my Gengar codes won't work on my JPN versions of the games so I have 5 extra, anyone want ? Guess it's better than wasting them. Just post on thread and I'll pm one to you or something, but I've only got 5 so.. first 5 get if they want.

Back