• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • I just received Diancie today one day early. Got a map of Hoenn with my ORAS preorders (two maps and two Diancies for the two copies).

Pretty sure I can't redeem Diancie today, though :) so I'll wait till a few days after the 27th, just so if I ever want to trade it it won't share the same date as a PowerSAV'd one.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I just received Diancie today one day early. Got a map of Hoenn with my ORAS preorders (two maps and two Diancies for the two copies).

Pretty sure I can't redeem Diancie today, though :) so I'll wait till a few days after the 27th, just so if I ever want to trade it it won't share the same date as a PowerSAV'd one.

You actually can. I got a Diancie card last Friday, and redeemed it the very same day. Not sure what it'll do to PokeBank's hack check, but I just wanted to see it in-game and gloat to my friends that I got Diancie before them. xD

Years
  • Note to any Australians reading this, we actually are getting a Diancie event after all (phew) and here's the details on how the Australian leg of the events will be distributed:

At select retail stores in Australia and New Zealand, serial codes for Diancie will be distributed between Nov. 10 and Nov. 28. It is unknown which retail stores will be distributing the codes at this time.

As mentioned previously, Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction will be at select Hoyts Cinemas in Australia and New Zealand starting Nov. 8. Serial codes for Diancie will also be distributed at these cinemas on Nov. 8 and Nov. 9. After receiving Diancie in the Pokémon X and Y games, it can be transferred to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when they are released, which will allow the player to eventually obtain Diancie's Mega Stone.

Having to go see the Diancie movie to get a code is quite awkward, because if I were to ever see it my mother would think I'm still a kid (she wanted me to grow up too quickly) so that's out of the question. But as for the retail stores I could likely see EB Games as a certainty, maybe even Target but we'll see.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Oh yeah guys, guess what day it is.

I've got a job interview after work today, but I think I'm gonna grab my first promo card tonight.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Heads up: You can get a Legal Diance right now

(Only for NA/Mexico) This is totally legit and based around the Gameplanet franchise

Follow the instructions on this reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2kgp1f/when_this_post_is_3_hours_old_follow_this_link_to/

Here's a pic to help navigate the spanish:

http://i.imgur.com/qlpcDlm.jpg

IMPORTANT OTHER THINGS

You're going to need the "Hola" chrome extension and set it to Mexico if you want it in North America

Disable add block, the site using a script for the code pop up that gets interpreted as an ad.

Enjoy your Diance!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Okay, so I got a Diancie code and have been resetting since yesterday to get one with the right nature, well today I FINALLY got the right nature, however, it has no perfect IVs! Does anyone else have this same issue?

All the legendaries in Kalos (INCLUDING the Pokebank Celebi) have all had 3 perfect IVs (as do all the wild caught baby pokemon) however, this Diancie has 11/11/19/21/29/3 so is the calculator I am using just off, or does Diancie not have any perfect IVs??

YukiSnowmew

Hackermew O:
    Years
  • I'm not gonna be able to get a code, sadly. If anybody could grab one for me, I'd really appreciate it. The Gengar event wasn't a big deal for me, but I really don't want to miss out on this one.

~Charizard_43~

You got eggnog in my goat milk
    Years
  • I'm gonna be picking up as many cards as I can over the course of the event, so let me know if you still need one in a week or so.

That would be great as I don't think i'll be able to get one. If you can just PM me when you have an extra one I would greatly appreciate that :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, so I got a Diancie code and have been resetting since yesterday to get one with the right nature, well today I FINALLY got the right nature, however, it has no perfect IVs! Does anyone else have this same issue?

All the legendaries in Kalos (INCLUDING the Pokebank Celebi) have all had 3 perfect IVs (as do all the wild caught baby pokemon) however, this Diancie has 11/11/19/21/29/3 so is the calculator I am using just off, or does Diancie not have any perfect IVs??

Diancie, being a Pokemon in the undiscovered egg group, always has 3 perfect IVs. Your calculations are off. What IV calculator did you use?

Speak to the judge in Kiloude to determine where the perfect IVs are and use Serebii's or Metalkid's IV calculator to verify.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Diancie, being a Pokemon in the undiscovered egg group, always has 3 perfect IVs. Your calculations are off. What IV calculator did you use?

Speak to the judge in Kiloude to determine where the perfect IVs are and use Serebii's or Metalkid's IV calculator to verify.

Don't have access to the IV judge yet, and I am using the Serebii calculator, which has been correct on all the other pokemon I've been using. You can check for yourself, the latest one I got was Quirky and has the stats:
    HP: 121
    Att: 114
    Def: 164
    Sp Att: 116
    Sp Def: 169
    Speed: 55

Check the stats on your Diancie too, just in case. There's message board threads on other sites that are saying the same thing:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70385957?page=2
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/70376749

Edit: but if you have a correct IV calculator I could REALLY use it because I am currently soft resetting to get the correct nature

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Don't have access to the IV judge yet, and I am using the Serebii calculator, which has been correct on all the other pokemon I've been using. You can check for yourself, the latest one I got was Quirky and has the stats:
    HP: 121
    Att: 114
    Def: 164
    Sp Att: 116
    Sp Def: 169
    Speed: 55

Check the stats on your Diancie too, just in case. There's message board threads on other sites that are saying the same thing:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70385957?page=2
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/70376749

Edit: but if you have a correct IV calculator I could REALLY use it because I am currently soft resetting to get the correct nature
    I punched in those stats into the Psypoke IV calculator, and none of the IVs were perfect ones either. I got a different IV spread though: 23/19/19/23/29/1

It's rather strange that a) it's appearing to not have ANY perfect IVs and b) that we got different numbers.

Btw, the Diancie is at level 50, correct?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I punched in those stats into the Psypoke IV calculator, and none of the IVs were perfect ones either. I got a different IV spread though: 23/19/19/23/29/1

It's rather strange that a) it's appearing to not have ANY perfect IVs and b) that we got different numbers.

Btw, the Diancie is at level 50, correct?

Yep, that is correct. I am currently in the process of soft resetting and currently have a Brave one (also at level 50) with the stats 120/132/168/109/170/54 so it could have 31IVs in ATt and SP Def, but it only has an IV of 8 or 9 in Sp Att, so I don't know if I should soft reset again or not until I get a definitive confirmation about it's stats because that might be the best I can get if it's not guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs, whereas if the calculator is simply wrong, as soon as I find one that is correct I'll use that calculator instead to keep soft resetting.

Anyway, I think the big thing is that Gamefreak decided to make the undiscovered egg group have 3 IVs, so they can just as easily change the programming rules for an event if they want to. After all, not everything int he undiscovered egg group has 3 perfect IVs, only wild caught ones do. Pokemon you breed that are born in the undiscovered egg group do not automatically have 3 perfect IVs so Diancie could be int he same boat as those where all the stats could be random, rather than just 3 of them. (just presuming)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Anyway, I think the big thing is that Gamefreak decided to make the undiscovered egg group have 3 IVs, so they can just as easily change the programming rules for an event if they want to. After all, not everything int he undiscovered egg group has 3 perfect IVs, only wild caught ones do. Pokemon you breed that are born in the undiscovered egg group do not automatically have 3 perfect IVs so Diancie could be int he same boat as those where all the stats could be random, rather than just 3 of them. (just presuming)
    Yeah, I'm starting to think that's the case, especially if there's other people saying that they're not getting Diancie's with 3+ perfect IVs. Since you technically aren't catching the Diancie in the wild, it's not programmed to have 3 perfect IVs I guess.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm starting to think that's the case, especially if there's other people saying that they're not getting Diancie's with 3+ perfect IVs. Since you technically aren't catching the Diancie in the wild, it's not programmed to have 3 perfect IVs I guess.

I've been soft-resetting for Diancie multiple times since downloading it from Mystery Gift, and it turned up with 3 perfect IVs each time.

Back