• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • This is an odd question, but:

In the Ice Path, there's one part where in the last floor, there's a waterfall that leads to another room. There are no wild pokemon, and there are rocks everywhere and a boulder you can move by using strength. My itemfinder starts reacting, but I can't find any hidden item.

Is it just a glitchy room or what? I'd appreciate the help. :]

Perhaps Zel is planning some sort of event for the next beta. I'm not certain about that, but there's also a possibility of that being a glitch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    i have done everything there is to do in the game except the legendary dogs and jirachi.

I have yet to encounter a single legendary dog and i have been walking around johto for a long time. *yes i went to the bottom of the tower and they fled. thats the last i saw of them
    any way i can get them quickly?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Hey i was playing the V4 beta and i compeleted everything then i defeated the E4 and Lance. i was then taken to the credits and it says GAME OVER and I CANT CONTINUE?

I thought I could still continue and there were still quests? Help me!

Also, i uses the ips file to upgrade to beta V5(or B5) so do i have to restart or can i use the same save file? Because all my save files from 1-7 are all in my last battle against the dragon guy of E4.. :x

Help THANKS!

Golduck

Pokemon are the best!!!
    Years
  • Help Needed!!!

I play shiny gold x fro a about a week. And always when i beat elite four i don't know how to load game to get to kanto region. its always seys 1m sub circuit board. what i need to do with it? how to load to get to kanto?

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    hello guys!
    Firstly, well done Zel, your rom is excellent. (i hope you will finalized it some day)
    I know that this topic is for gameplay help, but i want to ask you if i can use it with no$gba, rather than visual boy advance.
    Sorry, that i haven't read all the pages of these 2 topics, i didn't have time.
    Any help will be appreciated. I understand that i am posting in the wrong place, but i didn't know where else i should post.
    I downloaded it and try to use it, but when i press "start", it says that the rom crashes...

The reason why i really want no$gba is because it saves with the traditional way.
    Start - Save
    I don't like loading and saving through the emulator.

"And always when i beat elite four i don't know how to load game to get to kanto region. its always seys 1m sub circuit board. what i need to do with it? how to load to get to kanto?"
    I am also interested in the answer of this question, another member posted.
    What is that 1m sub circuit board?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    hello guys!
    Firstly, well done Zel, your rom is excellent. (i hope you will finalized it some day)
    I know that this topic is for gameplay help, but i want to ask you if i can use it with no$gba, rather than visual boy advance.
    Sorry, that i haven't read all the pages of these 2 topics, i didn't have time.
    Any help will be appreciated. I understand that i am posting in the wrong place, but i didn't know where else i should post.
    I downloaded it and try to use it, but when i press "start", it says that the rom crashes...

The reason why i really want no$gba is because it saves with the traditional way.
    Start - Save
    I don't like loading and saving through the emulator.

"And always when i beat elite four i don't know how to load game to get to kanto region. its always seys 1m sub circuit board. what i need to do with it? how to load to get to kanto?"
    I am also interested in the answer of this question, another member posted.
    What is that 1m sub circuit board?

Oh for... That question has been answered so many times. Change the VBA's Flash Memory to 128 K (In options, go to Emulator, Save Type...), do this when a ROM isn't loaded, then delete all old sav files and start again, and you can save.

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    sorry to bother you, but i still find it difficult to make it work.
    I am using no$gba, which is an emulator that cannot start unless you put a rom to execute it. So, i cannot change the settings before executing a rom.
    In order to make things clearer, i got several screenshots which might be helpful. The step screenshots are attached as thumbnails and they are in the direction 1-4.

Step 1:
    Do you agree with my settings?

Step 2:
    Step 3:
    I include these 2 steps to ensure that i am using the last beta (b5)
    I did the patching (patched the fire red.gba with the "ips" document) alone, so i am just wondering if i did something wrong.

Step 4:
    Unfortunately, it happens again and as soon as I press the START button.

What do i do wrong?
    If you cannot find the mistake, what else shall i do, in order to help you, identify where the problem is?

It's a pity that i cannot work it, and i feel sorry to post in a wrong thread. But, it is important to function it and start playing it.
    It's also a shame that with the same settings it works with fire red rom and it does not work with the patched one....

Finally, i solved the problem by changing emulator.
    Where can i get mushrooms to learn my pokemon old moves?
    It's extrememely important to me because my graveler evolved into golem and now he will not learn earthquake, that's why i want to taught it to him..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Hi, I'm playing through the beginning of Shiny Gold. Is there a proper somewhere of the region? The in-game map is not properly fixed yet I think.

Also, is the Ruins of Alph not finished yet? I keep getting A letter unknown and there is no puzzle for you to complete. I also found an Igglybuff inside the ruins much to my delight.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    there are also ralts in the ruins of alph (very rare) and the A-letter is the only one because (probably) it's a hack of fire red which maybe only has A

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    there are also ralts in the ruins of alph (very rare) and the A-letter is the only one because (probably) it's a hack of fire red which maybe only has A

There is only A because I think that they don't know how to add the rest... Firered does have all of the Unowns in (Look for a Walkthrough for Tanoby Ruins), but so far, there is only A.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I've been searching Union Cave for hours.. Mainly the upper floors cause it reportedly has higher chance for Mawile to appear, but no luck... I've even had Mudkip appear 2 times and it's supposed to be rarer than mawile... What is up with that?

Cool, thanks for the Ralts tip.

EDIT: ARGGGGGHHH Hours and still nothing. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    search the bottom floor , and yes it's pretty rare but mostly it depends on luck but it isn't unfindable keep searching I guess

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    search the bottom floor , and yes it's pretty rare but mostly it depends on luck but it isn't unfindable keep searching I guess

Finally! After 10 Mudkip sightings finally a Mawile!!!

And I read on youtube about how others are having pain catching mudkip instead of mawile...WTH?

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    where can i get some mushrooms?
    I need to know because i have to learn to my pokemons some moves...

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    Finally! After 10 Mudkip sightings finally a Mawile!!!

And I read on youtube about how others are having pain catching mudkip instead of mawile...WTH?
    I think mudkips like you , but it's strange some people search houres for mudkips and those who don't want them find them very easily

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I know , I had the same thing with the ruins of Alph , when I saw datai's video he took like ages to find a ralts , I came in the ruins and the first thing I saw was Ralts .
    Sometimes I really think the game knows you try to find a pokemon they make them harder to find .

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Hey guys I'm having trouble determining which pokemon to teach TMs to..Is Shiny Gold under generation II for learning movesets by leveling or generation III?

Also are generation IV evolutions available like Lickylicky?

Are there any Pokemon contests?

Also anyone saw girl Frieda on Friday in Ilex Forest? I received a Poison Barb from her.Are there other girls on different days there?

EDIT: BTW I realized that when I talk to Prof. Elm back in New Bark Town after my Togepi hatched nothing happened.. Also, when I entered Goldenrod City, my rival did not call like what the guide said. http://www.freewebs.com/shinygoldwalkthrough/actii.htm
    Alot of things are weird too, for e.g. when I access Prof. Oak's PC he says to check with his aide for HM01 Flash. But I already have that HM!
    Also the battling the repeat trainers that give you their phone number..I use the VS Seeker and it shows they're ready to battle but when I talk to them it's just the usual delete this phone no. or do u want my phone no. conversation.. I have to call them on the public phone and there might just be a rare chance they let me have a rematch.
    What is the use of the Phone Card and Poke Beeper? I can never use it or get it to work?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back